advise please!!!??

hi can anyone give me a bit of advise i have an 11 month old pup when she catchs she brings them back to hand live but is not willing to let them go i strugle abit and dnt wnt to punish her im haveing to prize her mouth open to take them off her any tips on getting her to release the grip thanks

thats a good trate mate jst eash yr hand into the dogs mouth no need to hit her :thumbs:

i tried that mate and it hurts!!ha she realy grips them only by the skin and have to use both hands which can be abit awkward at times i cnt fault the retreive its jus this :thumbs:

let it carry it for a while, then show him another rabbit, he soon drop it :laugh::thumbs:

haha cheers!! any more advise?? :thumbs:

iv had a few do it over years mate, like i say, kill the buny while dog holds it, if it aint already dead

then just let the dog carry it, it will soon relise the bunnys is dead, flick lamp on an find another bunny

ye be surprised how quick a dog relises that a dead bunnyt as half appealing as a live 1 still in field,

:thumbs:

• Like 1

let it carry it for a while, then show him another rabbit, he soon drop it :laugh::thumbs:

haha cheers!! any more advise?? :thumbs:

iv had a few do it over years mate, like i say, kill the buny while dog holds it, if it aint already dead

then just let the dog carry it, it will soon relise the bunnys is dead, flick lamp on an find another bunny

ye be surprised how quick a dog relises that a dead bunnyt as half appealing as a live 1 still in field,

:thumbs:

thankyou il try that to :thumbs:

My beagle x jack is a twat for not letting go. Its good really, its enthusiasm but sometimes you just want him to let you take it. I used to grab his bollox! Lol! My mate showed me this trick and it works, well to be fair i would let go of a rabbit if someone grabbed my balls! Lol! Dont hurt um, just cup um. Well i was doin this for a good few months, every rabbit that hit the net it was "good boy, give it" grab balls, kill rabbit, new net over hole, wait for next one. Then one day i missed and got hold of the flap of skin between his thigh muscle and rib cage. He still let go so i do that now. :)

I love the cupping the dogs balls idea pissed myself at that lol.. As catcher says squeeze the bottom jaw gently making sure your pressing the lose skin into the dogs mouth onto it's teeth ... If that don't work blow on the dogs baws and stick your thumb up it's arse while softly singing oh Danny boy Into it's ear

Edited by undisputed
  • Like 1