irish hares are strong.

coursing clubs are good for the conservation of hares?

that is a hard one to make an argument for lol :laugh:

yes they do buy and breed hares and release them to there own permission.

alot where hares are scarce.

but then when big events come uo they go in and net the hares and take to to the event.alot of the hares dont make the travel due to stress,some get stressed out on the run or thereafter being kept in a compound or run if if want to call it that.

some of the hares that have been born and grown up on there land are captured and run by 2 muzzled grey,s on a field unknown to the hare.not very sporting imho.as the hare dont know its escape route like it does in the wild.

look at the vids.the 100yard head start(fair law)

as the hare is in unfamiliar ground it doesnt turn the speed on till the grey,s get close.if it was in its natural habitat it would have been gone down a dike,thorugh a ditch at full speed well before the grey got anywhere close.

as you will know irish fields in most there is a ditch not too far away.

the coursing clubs do put more hares in the fields(there fields)but take them out just as easily and for the only reason for doing so is money.

am i anti coursing clubs and there grey,s?

yes i am but they have made me so!!!!

my honest opinion is there not country men!!!i put them in the same bracket as those who put there money on the horses!!!

just a money game!

Now it's obvious your talking about something you know very little about.

stay away from the weed mossy coz it has fried your brain,its very rare id agree with ss but this one time i think he hit the nail on the head,is the offy open yet?

Edited by aisling3

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they are protected. one of the best things about being irish is that garadas dont even give a fuc k if somethings illegal, as long as your not being a cun t.

AISLING3 , is an evil twisted f****r whos bent hell on casuing trouble take my advice ignore him hes a twit

the hares are run through the coarse before they're run with greyhounds so they're not run on complete unfamiliar ground. theres no prize money in coarsin so you cant just say there in it for the mon

but then when big events come uo they go in and net the hares and take to to the event.alot of the hares dont make the travel due to stress,some get stressed out on the run or thereafter being kept in a compound or run if if want to call it that.

some of the hares that have been born and grown up on there land are captured and run by 2 muzzled grey,s on a field unknown to the hare.not very sporting imho.as the hare dont know its escape route like it does in the wild.

as the hare is in unfamiliar ground it doesnt turn the speed on till the grey,s get close.if it was in its natural habitat it would have been gone down a dike,thorugh a ditch at full speed well before the grey got anywhere close.

the coursing clubs do put more hares in the fields(there fields)but take them out just as easily and for the only reason for doing so is money.

my honest opinion is there not country men!!!i put them in the same bracket as those who put there money on the horses!!!

just a money game!

stay away from the weed mossy coz it has fried your brain,its very rare id agree with ss but this one time i think he hit the nail on the head,is the offy open yet?

theres a shower b*****ds from navan shooting hares in ardee thats a fact Edited by bluebear

just a money game!

Why do you feel you need to insult someone just because they disagree with you? I'm not going to argue anymore but I think if you lads spent any time with a coursing club or actually found out the fact you would realize ye are wrong. But as they say ignorance is bliss.

In the SOUTH only coursing events held by coursing clubs are legal (Clonmel etc)

Going out into a field to course is illegal

Using dogs on deer is also illegal

Plus anywhere there are deer theres rangers (especially at night)

no rangers here at night :whistling:

Deer must not be common there so if you dont have rangers out and about.

Rangers and Guards are under pressure to catch poachers and deer killed illegaly

Wicklow is one place where they are most active

thats because down in wicklow everyones at it, plenty of fallow here but only a handful of poachers, thats the problem with heavely populated areas, everyone wants a bit.

had a couple of lads over from uk coursing this week near me in west meath here in ireland.

their dogs found it hard to get a kill, my whippet and hound with some saluki in her killed 4.

they said irish hares were very strong and harder to get then their hares over their in the uk.

brown hares they said.

irish hares run very strong on their own land, id say not many get close to them.

many you english lads run any here?

Lepus europaeus,same hare on different sides of the water.Were those hare men,lampers? or just a different terrain?.

just a money game!

Why do you feel you need to insult someone just because they disagree with you? I'm not going to argue anymore but I think if you lads spent any time with a coursing club or actually found out the fact you would realize ye are wrong. But as they say ignorance is bliss.

not insulting you lad and yes irish hares are strong,theres one thing i cant understand how can a protection for irish hares be lifted in the north?the north is classed as uk so should have know right to lift the protction of irish hares

USED TO GO HUNTING WITH MATES FM N, IRELAND. THEY MAINLY DONE CHARLIE BUT AS IM A COURSING MAN I WAS TAKEN OUT FOR A DAY AROUND NEWRY ON THE BORDER WITH THE SOUTH. MORE LIKE AN ASSAULT COURSE THAN A DAYS COURSING. TINY FIELDS. LOADS OF COVER & WIRE FENCES, MUCH WORSE THAN UP HERE IN SCOTLAND. COULDNT GET NEAR THEM AS THEY WERE OFF AS SOON AS THEY SEEN YOU. MANAGED TO GET 1 HARE(IN PHOTO), SO I SETTLED FOR THAT ON A DAY THAT NOTHING WAS GOING RIGHT :thumbs:2011-02-1219-12-27_0007.jpg

USED TO GO HUNTING WITH MATES FM N, IRELAND. THEY MAINLY DONE CHARLIE BUT AS IM A COURSING MAN I WAS TAKEN OUT FOR A DAY AROUND NEWRY ON THE BORDER WITH THE SOUTH. MORE LIKE AN ASSAULT COURSE THAN A DAYS COURSING. TINY FIELDS. LOADS OF COVER & WIRE FENCES, MUCH WORSE THAN UP HERE IN SCOTLAND. COULDNT GET NEAR THEM AS THEY WERE OFF AS SOON AS THEY SEEN YOU. MANAGED TO GET 1 HARE(IN PHOTO), SO I SETTLED FOR THAT ON A DAY THAT NOTHING WAS GOING RIGHT :thumbs:2011-02-1219-12-27_0007.jpg

Good post. :thumbs:

That about sums up the hunting for the irish hare over here in Ireland.

No easy and not many lads that come over from uk ect, can get them with their dogs in the winter.

If you thought it was hard in the north of Ireland, you should see some of the land down south, night mare! :blink:

Good post. :thumbs:

That about sums up the hunting for the irish hare over here in Ireland.

No easy and not many lads that come over from uk ect, can get them with their dogs in the winter.

If you thought it was hard in the north of Ireland, you should see some of the land down south, night mare! :blink:

not many good places up here in the north and if there is there all hot thats way most head down south every week.

what is difference between Irish and brown hare

The Irish Hare is a subspecies of the Mountain/Blue hare, although some experts are currently debating as to whether they should be classed as a species in it's own right. :thumbs:

PS. Sorry if it's already been answered, I haven't read all 8 pages..