irish hares are strong.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they are protected. one of the best things about being irish is that garadas dont even give a fuc k if somethings illegal, as long as your not being a cun t.

AISLING3 , is an evil twisted f****r whos bent hell on casuing trouble take my advice ignore him hes a twit

the hares are run through the coarse before they're run with greyhounds so they're not run on complete unfamiliar ground. theres no prize money in coarsin so you cant just say there in it for the mon

over here the greyhound c**ts hav it ruined for the lurcher lads.not up to speed with yer circumstances but i cant see any government doing us any favours :thumbdown:

I'd love you to explain that for me if you find the time please. thumbs.gif

i think down south alot of the hare land is coursing?club land where lurcher men are not permitted.

if lurcher men are caught on these lands then beatings,cars are wrecked,lurchers are shot is the norm.

the greyhound coursing lads in the south in my opinion is for making money from betting and thats it.for us working lurchers lads they are a thorn in our backside lol.

you would think these coursing lads would know country pursuits?

i was ferreting last winter.

after i had done a day,s sport and was gutting the rabbits an elderly man(in his 60ies) walking 2 coursing greys stopped to chat.

he asked me what the ferret was for :blink::blink::blink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obviously he has been totally taken up in the coursing hares money market(as the market is alot,hares been bought for 60-€€80)

then he asked me if my dogs take hares which i replyed i dont do hares but they run the odd one by accident.

i was told later this same elderly chap was in the pub telling the coursing lads i was running there hares and he gave a discription of my van,and they were going to deal with me :icon_eek::icon_eek:

what im trying to say is that...thats what us lurhcer men have to deal with down south with the coursing club fella,s.

imho they know nothing of countryside pursuits and are only just in it for the money!!!!

do they even enjoy the course of the hare?

i doubt it as they have too much money riding on the result!!!

Edited by supersam

over here the greyhound c**ts hav it ruined for the lurcher lads.not up to speed with yer circumstances but i cant see any government doing us any favours :thumbdown:

i think down south alot of the hare land is coursing?club land where lurcher men are not permitted.

if lurcher men are caught on these lands then beatings,cars are wrecked,lurchers are shot is the norm.

the greyhound coursing lads in the south in my opinion is for making money from betting and thats it.for us working lurchers lads they are a thorn in our backside lol.

after i had done a day,s sport and was gutting the rabbits iv caught and elderly man walking 2 coursing greys stopped to chat.

he asked me what the ferret was for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obviously he has been totally taken up in the coursing hares money market(as the maket is alot,hares been bought for 60-€80)

then he asked me if my dogs take hares which i replyed i dont do hares but they run the odd one by accident.

i was told later this same elderly chap was in the pub telling the coursing lads i was running there hares and he gave a discription of my van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what im trying to say is that...thats what us lurhcer men have to deal with,with the coursing club fella,s.

imho they know nothing of countryside pursuits and are only just in it for the money!!!!

There are people like that around don't get me wrong Sam and i come across people like that myself. I'm a working member of a coursing club and I'm in it for my love of the hare. The work they do to protect and conserve hares on there own preserves here is fantastic. I don't keep any greyhounds and never will, from September until the now i have been out running hares nearly every week. I know in the club I'm in most lads do not mind you hunting at all as long as you stay off the C.C preserves(which is a small area) and I think it's fair enough. But as far as I have seen the lads who spend all their time giving out about how coursing clubs mess up the lurcher game are the lads that don't want to put in a days walking for their run. They want to hop out of the van, walk for 5 minutes get their run and they know that protected C.C land is a place they can do this because of how the hares are looked after there. Now lads netting for money all over the countryside is a different kettle of fish, and it's the clubs that don't bother having preserves and will buy from these people that are the problem. I could ramble on here until the sun comes up but at the end of the day coursing clubs are good for the hare and without the hare neither lurchermen or greyhound men could course. There will always be greyhound coursing people in every county and every coursing club including my own that think they are entitled to every hare in the country but a simple 'f**k off' usually puts them in there place.laugh.gif

after i had done a day,s sport and was gutting the rabbits iv caught and elderly man walking 2 coursing greys stopped to chat.

obviously he has been totally taken up in the coursing hares money market(as the maket is alot,hares been bought for 60-€80)

i was told later this same elderly chap was in the pub telling the coursing lads i was running there hares and he gave a discription of my van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what im trying to say is that...thats what us lurhcer men have to deal with,with the coursing club fella,s.

There are people like that around don't get me wrong Sam and i come across people like that myself. I'm a working member of a coursing club and I'm in it for my love of the hare. The work they do to protect and conserve hares on there own preserves here is fantastic. I don't keep any greyhounds and never will, from September until the now i have been out running hares nearly every week. I know in the club I'm in most lads do not mind you hunting at all as long as you stay off the C.C preserves(which is a small area) and I think it's fair enough. But as far as I have seen the lads who spend all their time giving out about how coursing clubs mess up the lurcher game are the lads that don't want to put in a days walking for their run. They want to hop out of the van, walk for 5 minutes get their run and they know that protected C.C land is a place they can do this because of how the hares are looked after there. Now lads netting for money all over the countryside is a different kettle of fish, and it's the clubs that don't bother having preserves and will buy from these people that are the problem. I could ramble on here until the sun comes up but at the end of the day coursing clubs are good for the hare and without the hare neither lurchermen or greyhound men could course. There will always be greyhound coursing people in every county and every coursing club including my own that think they are entitled to every hare in the country but a simple 'f**k off' usually puts them in there place.laugh.gif

i have to say i believe that the hares thrive in the southern parts due to the coursing clubs as there the one buying the hares and puttig them in there lands.

as for gate netting on the lamp for money)them im totally against that.my local ranger not so long ago while calling in for a chat and having a look at my hawk(which i think he is infactuated with lol) told me how 2 lads were caight netting hares in youghal.he showed me the nets which by all mean were fish nets obviously accuried in the local harbour.

but the coursing clubs down here treat the hares like gold and if caught coursing thiem with your lurchers then its like stealing an 18crt gold necklace from there mother.

an example.

i was lamping rabbits years ago an some of there land.

infact on the bit i was on i have never seen a hare.

when we got back to the car we were met by 6-8 angry coursing men with shotguns.

i think we would have been in for a beating that time but i was only in my early teens then.(nearly 20 years ago now)

i think as me and the brothers were so young we escaped it that time(or were lucky we had only rabbits in the bag) but we did get the fright of our lives.(well i did lol)

i respect that you are in your own coursing club and that ye dont mind a few lurcher lads run yer hare,s but its not like that down here.

as i said coursing lads treat there hare like gold.for me i believe coursing lads know nothing about country pursuits and are in it only for the money!!

that my honest opinion mossy.

as for not walking for there run then that is the case with alot.

i usually only do rabbits myself but did walk some land for 4 hours for 2 runs.

for me i dont care to much about the run but to see the hare makes my day.

out hawking we could have killed many hares in a fostery i hunt but wahts the point.

i have to say i believe that the hares thrive in the southern parts due to the coursing clubs as there the one buying the hares and puttig them in there lands.

as for gate netting on the lamp for money)them im totally against that.my local ranger not so long ago while calling in for a chat and having a look at my hawk(which i think he is infactuated with lol) told me how 2 lads were caight netting hares in youghal.he showed me the nets which by all mean were fish nets obviously accuried in the local harbour.

but the coursing clubs down here treat the hares like gold and if caught coursing thiem with your lurchers then its like stealing an 18crt gold necklace from there mother.

an example.

when we got back to the car we were met by 6-8 angry coursing men with shotguns.

i think we would have been in for a beating that time but i was only in my early teens then.(nearly 20 years ago now)

i think as me and the brothers were so young we escaped it that time(or were lucky we had only rabbits in the bag) but we did get the fright of our lives.(well i did lol)

i respect that you are in your own coursing club and that ye dont mind a few lurcher lads run yer hare,s but its not like that down here.

as i said coursing lads treat there hare like gold.for me i believe coursing lads know nothing about country pursuits and are in it only for the money!!

Lads netting for cash is one thing, but lads that only see the money and have no respect for the hare is another. I havn't any problem with a lad dropping three or fours hares and sorting a club out for a few bob, some clubs could have a bad season catching and may need all the hares they can get. But some lads just take the piss and get greedy and this leads to hares becoming scarce in areas and lads getting annoyed. I agree there are some people that are only in it for the money but you will find that these are greyhound men and not coursing men(if that makes sense). But as i said before if a member of a coursing club tried to tell me to get off or stay off land that they have no business on I'd laugh it off and go about my business. I respect your opinion though and i can see 100% how you got them.

A.T.B

thumbs.gif

mossy i hunt or course hares nothin else,ye greyhound lads dont own f**k all espically the hares,were i course the greyhound ladse go but i have perimssion from the land owner so f**K them and the clubs...as the farmer said to me i have respect for them not like the travellers that poach there,if the dog kills bonus if he doesnt hes after givin the hare a good days excersise

an example.

Lads netting for cash is one thing, but lads that only see the money and have no respect for the hare is another. I havn't any problem with a lad dropping three or fours hares and sorting a club out for a few bob, some clubs could have a bad season catching and may need all the hares they can get. But some lads just take the piss and get greedy and this leads to hares becoming scarce in areas and lads getting annoyed. I agree there are some people that are only in it for the money but you will find that these are greyhound men and not coursing men(if that makes sense). But as i said before if a member of a coursing club tried to tell me to get off or stay off land that they have no business on I'd laugh it off and go about my business. I respect your opinion though and i can see 100% how you got them.

A.T.B

thumbs.gif

lads netting for cash usually respect the hare a great deal as there getting paid for such.

on the coursing club land that i have been on then there seem to be loads of hares compared to other spots where there are true wildy,s.

obviously there are more widy,s in the midlands.for me greyhound men and coursing men are the same.the only difference that the coursing men have there own private events i.e not for the public eye and some of that aint soley for money reasons.(but most are)

lurcher men and there dogs are not WORTHY and not WELCOME to run a hare and it should be left to the greyhounds and at the end of the day the greyhounds are run againt hares for the sole purpose of money and not for sport.

for me and what i have witnessed these folk would not know how to run a ferret,nor set a purse,stop or long net nor know how to approach a lamped rabbit or call,dig a fox.

if you ask 99% of lurcher men they will say the same!

these coursin c**ts know f**k all about a hare only to drop a stupid greyhound on him put one bend in him and its gone,and bet on it,so mossy a lurcher will work them and run them properly like i did earlier,either he lives or dies but the hare has respect not like you or your coursin buddies,,,im outta booze im off to bed :thumbdown:

these coursin c**ts know f**k all about a hare only to drop a stupid greyhound on him put one bend in him and its gone,and bet on it,so mossy a lurcher will work them and run them properly like i did earlier,either he lives or dies but the hare has respect not like you or your coursin buddies,,,im outta booze im off to bed :thumbdown:

Lads i only keep lurchers and the only interest i have in park coursing is the hares. I just tried to make the point that all in all coursing clubs are good for the conservation and population of hares in Ireland. I'm not going to get into an arguement over respect for hares as i know myself where i stand on that. I respect your opinions lads. Might see ye for a run sometime and discuss it over a pint.

thumbs.gif

The Irish Hares are certainly strong...And fast, but sometimes just not enough for a keen young lurcher :victory:

Molly_and_day_time_Hare.jpg

A flukey old early morning catch... :victory:

Nice catch lad.. Had that hare got the orf around his mouth? Saw alot of hares suffering with it this year.

coursing clubs are good for the conservation of hares?

that is a hard one to make an argument for lol :laugh:

yes they do buy and breed hares and release them to there own permission.

alot where hares are scarce.

but then when big events come uo they go in and net the hares and take to to the event.alot of the hares dont make the travel due to stress,some get stressed out on the run or thereafter being kept in a compound or run if if want to call it that.

some of the hares that have been born and grown up on there land are captured and run by 2 muzzled grey,s on a field unknown to the hare.not very sporting imho.as the hare dont know its escape route like it does in the wild.

look at the vids.the 100yard head start(fair law)

as the hare is in unfamiliar ground it doesnt turn the speed on till the grey,s get close.if it was in its natural habitat it would have been gone down a dike,thorugh a ditch at full speed well before the grey got anywhere close.

as you will know irish fields in most there is a ditch not too far away.

the coursing clubs do put more hares in the fields(there fields)but take them out just as easily and for the only reason for doing so is money.

am i anti coursing clubs and there grey,s?

yes i am but they have made me so!!!!

my honest opinion is there not country men!!!i put them in the same bracket as those who put there money on the horses!!!

just a money game!

Edited by supersam

coursing clubs are good for the conservation of hares?

that is a hard one to make an argument for lol :laugh:

yes they do buy and breed hares and release them to there own permission.

alot where hares are scarce.

but then when big events come uo they go in and net the hares and take to to the event.alot of the hares dont make the travel due to stress,some get stressed out on the run or thereafter being kept in a compound or run if if want to call it that.

some of the hares that have been born and grown up on there land are captured and run by 2 muzzled grey,s on a field unknown to the hare.not very sporting imho.as the hare dont know its escape route like it does in the wild.

look at the vids.the 100yard head start(fair law)

as the hare is in unfamiliar ground it doesnt turn the speed on till the grey,s get close.if it was in its natural habitat it would have been gone down a dike,thorugh a ditch at full speed well before the grey got anywhere close.

as you will know irish fields in most there is a ditch not too far away.

the coursing clubs do put more hares in the fields(there fields)but take them out just as easily and for the only reason for doing so is money.

am i anti coursing clubs and there grey,s?

yes i am but they have made me so!!!!

my honest opinion is there not country men!!!i put them in the same bracket as those who put there money on the horses!!!

just a money game!

Now it's obvious your talking about something you know very little about.