irish hares are strong.

g

What are the laws on dogs with deer in Ireland?

Cheers

banned, few lurcher lads pay any heed to it though.

Cheers. However you can still run the hares legally?

nope! but as above.... few pay any heed round here :whistling:

my area is swarming with hare as well ;)

I see.

In southern ireland it's legal though, no?

im not 100% on this but i think it might just be, but garda have better things to do than chase hunting lads around the countryside,

NI psni are more vigilant when it comes to hunting. ive a mate up there who is followed everytime he goes out with the dogs

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they are protected. one of the best things about being irish is that garadas dont even give a fuc k if somethings illegal, as long as your not being a cun t.

AISLING3 , is an evil twisted f****r whos bent hell on casuing trouble take my advice ignore him hes a twit

the hares are run through the coarse before they're run with greyhounds so they're not run on complete unfamiliar ground. theres no prize money in coarsin so you cant just say there in it for the mon

you can hunt deer legaly in the north with dogs and since the 8th of feb you can now hunt the irish hare to ... but over here hares have a season think it starts the 31st october not to sure but it deffaniatly ends on the 31st on january...

g

Cheers

what part of ireland do you come from carraghs gem if ya dont mind me asking?

b

g

Cheers

what part of ireland do you come from carraghs gem if ya dont mind me asking?

connaght

size the irish hare is slightly smaller ...

the irish hare is closer to the blue/mountain hare than it is to the brown hare ... having said that the irish hare wont go to ground like the blue one will....

the irish hare as little black tips to its ears normaly

size the irish hare is slightly smaller ...

the irish hare is closer to the blue/mountain hare than it is to the brown hare ... having said that the irish hare wont go to ground like the blue one will....

the irish hare as little black tips to its ears normaly

so when a hare gets up in front off you you can tell??? a hare is a hare they can all run like f**k and turn on 50p :thumbs:

there no average differance in speed between the two its the hare on the day ,ive coursed both and theres not much between them the irish hare is like the ones you find in wales on the hill tops bit smaller than the english brown with slighly shorter ears i find that the ground over there is on average smaller than whats coursed over here so it seems harder

Edited by kevin from bristol

I find the Irish hare has a more distinct colour and there coat seems to be smoother looking than the browns. I've only had the Irish vs, Brown discussion with one person who has hunted both and he said the Irish had the edge. Please god I'll get to cross the sea and put a bend in a few browns and see for myself some day. thumbs.gif