Shipping Items From USA to UK

Hi all was just wondering has anyone ever ordered parts for guns from the USA and got them shipped to the UK. I have recently got a Ruger 10 22 and was looking to upgrade the stock and having looked at some uk companies for stocks they seem to be very expensive compared to the USA market. Has anyone ever bought a stock from the USA or know of anything that would stop me from purchasing from America. Would it be against customs or any laws. Cheers for any information. Tony

nothing to stop it. make sure it is worthwhile though.

if you get taxed at the port of entry add 20% + £10-£25 handling fee for HMRC/Shipping agent costs.

If you can get prices that still make this worthwhile then go for it.

I bought some parts for one of mine from the US.

$35 vs £65 no brainer

You will be lucky if they ship a stock ! American law forbids any export of gun parts although bits like screws/springs are ok.

Due to the massive fines for the exporter and the costs plus agro for them to do apply for an export licence most will not even bother to reply to you email.

nothing to stop it. make sure it is worthwhile though.

if you get taxed at the port of entry add 20% + £10-£25 handling fee for HMRC/Shipping agent costs.

If you can get prices that still make this worthwhile then go for it.

I bought some parts for one of mine from the US.

$35 vs £65 no brainer

Id also watch out for being stung by the taxman... i ordered some bits a few years back from the USA as they were 2/3rds the price they were in the UK. I got hit by customs for Import Tax, VAT, and Tax collection fee which made the item loads more expensive than it would have been had i just bought it in the UK in the first place! doh!