Striker rewire

My strikers wiring is falling to bits in the cigar male end and now doe's not work. Piss poor wiring i think for the money they cost :thumbdown: . I am using it with a lithium battery. I want to rewire the lamp straight through. Doe's it have to be fused as original? any help will be greatly appriciated as i dont want to buy another lamp as its only just over 12 months old :wallbash: . :icon_eek:

Edited by tubba

No, you don't "have" to have a fuse. It's only 12 volt and your not going to die if it goes wrong but a word of warning......

I was using one of my home made lamps a few years back, no fuse in that wiring loom, just a switch.

I had finished lamping a rather big field and had made my way up to a gate, which I climbed over on to the road. I was walking a long, and caught a strong smell of burning, bloody hell I though, someones house is on fire! It was then I felt a strange heat on my rear and shortly after I noticed smoke from my battery bag. The wires had shorted and caught my hat on fire (more smoldering than flames), bloody best hat as well :(

So, lesson learned on my part, I always solder a fuse, straight from the battery terminal.

John

Edited by HUnter_zero

All you needed to do was cut the positive wire stick a female spade connector on either cut end and push in a car type fuse, 10 amp I think. Tape the connectors fuse and loose wires and just leave the top of the fuse showing to view it in case it blows. Lasted for years and never blew when I did this but the sparky will do a much better job than my Jim ll fix it!

No, you don't "have" to have a fuse. It's only 12 volt and your not going to die if it goes wrong but a word of warning......

I was using one of my home made lamps a few years back, no fuse in that wiring loom, just a switch.

I had finished lamping a rather big field and had made my way up to a gate, which I climbed over on to the road. I was walking a long, and caught a strong smell of burning, bloody hell I though, someones house is on fire! It was then I felt a strange heat on my rear and shortly after I noticed smoke from my battery bag. The wires had shorted and caught my hat on fire (more smoldering than flames), bloody best hat as well :(

So, lesson learned on my part, I always solder a fuse, straight from the battery terminal.

John

So you might actually die if it all goes wrong then!!! :blink: . Batteries are not toys and do set fire to thinks so if you`re not sure get some who is to rewire it for you bud

ATB