Another empty bag on a perfect night.

Guest vin

As i've said to you Vin i've done with lamping this season as I'm sick to the back teeth of getting out only to see nothing in the fields, it dosent fill you or your dog with any joy. The next couple of months this season will be spent getting some game in the day time.

For anybody thinking that Vin is just a free loader then think again, he just wants some sport for his dogs as do we all!

As a few know on here he has travelled north and south!

Is it so bad just to want to work a hound or two?

Eyup Dean,

I bet you a tenner you go out with the lamp before the end of Feb,its just too hard to resist on nights like last night.

Just hope you don't bump into that bunch of nutters from the other night. 4 blokes and dogs out lamping = time to go home.

thanks for kind words mate.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why stay local when you know theres nowt there, you have a car

vin pal got to be blunt about this, stop f*****g wineing about it been so crap local.......instead of hammering it when you know its always dead why not get off ur ass and put the effort in and find n

talking bollox give over vin, get out there and look harder then instead of putting threads up all the time moaning how rubbish it is local, in the hope that generous people will offer invites out to

Posted Images

It's a nightmare and a vicious circle. More folk hunt than ever before, shooting, lamping, ferreting etc etc, so land is a lot harder to get permission on, especially in areas where its all keepered or the farmers are selling the shooting rights. Having dogs in some areas is like having leprosy. Then you add the fact that cos no one can get permission, if you are lucky enough to get some it probably gets poached to shit anyway. So you need to poach, but now because of the ban and because everyone else is in the same boat as you (ad some of them are idiots) everyone is poaching and so the keepers/farmers are hot on it and anyway there is no game left if it can be done someone has done it. It's pretty f****d really, i'm thinking of emigrating.

spot on :thumbs: , been running lurchers 25 years now, but the last 10 years as got bad for lack of game. I have put the time+ miles to get game, and as most have said (all ground) gets lamped to death sooner or later. :thumbdown: I dont know if its because of the ban or more people coming in to the game.? I think it will be a big tester for alot of people to stay in the game, and if some do leave you carnt blame they, with lack of game+ getting pulled. Its not like 15-20 years ago,where it was feck off or maybe kick up the arse. Today loose motor+dogs :thumbdown: , and looking for spots can get you down, you can drive 4hours checking ground. Sometimes you drop on couple of good fields :thumbs: , or if you do see stuff its feckin lamp shy, and after 3 hours of driving that is a tester . So sometimes you can understand, people not wanting to put that (extra)effort in.? But to be fair to your dogs, you have got to Try to put game for them, its just getting harder every year. :thumbdown:

It's a nightmare and a vicious circle. More folk hunt than ever before, shooting, lamping, ferreting etc etc, so land is a lot harder to get permission on, especially in areas where its all keepered or the farmers are selling the shooting rights. Having dogs in some areas is like having leprosy. Then you add the fact that cos no one can get permission, if you are lucky enough to get some it probably gets poached to shit anyway. So you need to poach, but now because of the ban and because everyone else is in the same boat as you (ad some of them are idiots) everyone is poaching and so the keepers/farmers are hot on it and anyway there is no game left if it can be done someone has done it. It's pretty f****d really, i'm thinking of emigrating.

spot on :thumbs: , been running lurchers 25 years now, but the last 10 years as got bad for lack of game. I have put the time+ miles to get game, and as most have said (all ground) gets lamped to death sooner or later. :thumbdown: I dont know if its because of the ban or more people coming in to the game.? I think it will be a big tester for alot of people to stay in the game, and if some do leave you carnt blame they, with lack of game+ getting pulled. Its not like 15-20 years ago,where it was feck off or maybe kick up the arse. Today loose motor+dogs :thumbdown: , and looking for spots can get you down, you can drive 4hours checking ground. Sometimes you drop on couple of good fields :thumbs: , or if you do see stuff its feckin lamp shy, and after 3 hours of driving that is a tester . So sometimes you can understand, people not wanting to put that (extra)effort in.? But to be fair to your dogs, you have got to Try to put game for them, its just getting harder every year. :thumbdown:

yeh mate..as usual..spot on.

my mate had a hire car 2 weeks ago and went out for few hours with no dogs..just the lamps, we did some serious miles from where we live and covered some spots we would never have risked with the dogs in the car just mooching...and don't get me wrong..we saw lots of bunnies in certain places,but very little where we would have expected to see them.

We did see a few spots that were ok for just chucking the dog out of car and having a few..But that's not my idea of a good night anymore.

as for getting out and having a walk over a few fields... you would deffo have company by the time you got off the fields.

we have devised a cunning plan for one or 2 spots... i know this might sound a bit off subject,but having google earth on your phone and a good 3G data plan is a great way of sussing out routes on and off the land you find yourself on.

i wont mention how many times ive been lost in the past..my mate knows i have no sense of direction after a few fields.but now i can find my way out of anywhere..

yeh and before you start Dean..Apart from when its swimming in a puddle in my pocket..that was the most expensive nights lamping ever.

yeh mate..as usual..spot on.

my mate had a hire car 2 weeks ago and went out for few hours with no dogs..just the lamps, we did some serious miles from where we live and covered some spots we would never have risked with the dogs in the car just mooching...and don't get me wrong..we saw lots of bunnies in certain places,but very little where we would have expected to see them.

We did see a few spots that were ok for just chucking the dog out of car and having a few..But that's not my idea of a good night anymore.

as for getting out and having a walk over a few fields... you would deffo have company by the time you got off the fields.

we have devised a cunning plan for one or 2 spots... i know this might sound a bit off subject,but having google earth on your phone and a good 3G data plan is a great way of sussing out routes on and off the land you find yourself on.

i wont mention how many times ive been lost in the past..my mate knows i have no sense of direction after a few fields.but now i can find my way out of anywhere..

yeh and before you start Dean..Apart from when its swimming in a puddle in my pocket..that was the most expensive nights lamping ever.

where abouts in south yourkshire are you bud :whistling: not being rude like some have been but i know a few places for bunnys in s/yorkshire,but you must realise most now take airguns to lamp with as well as dogs,so more rabbits get taken,now if you want to know a few place's to go,pm me as i like to walk local or on mates permish,nd will tell you places to try but i dont know if you will get permish :whistling::thumbs:

I do sympathise with young lads trying to get started now,mobile phones made it difficult,every nosey b""""rd will be on the blower to drop you in it,then the hunting ban really f***ed the job up.Before the ban if the boys in blue stopped you there was little they could do.My son asks me the best places to go,where to park,best way to drive back,is it worth losing a motor and having dogs consficated?.Even on permission its illegal to hunt what the dogs are bred for,it leaves people with only two choices.Its encouraging to see lads still at it with the obstacles they face now.F**k em.

For anybody thinking that Vin is just a free loader then think again, he just wants some sport for his dogs as do we all!

As a few know on here he has travelled north and south!

Is it so bad just to want to work a hound or two?

I can vouch that Vin and Dean are 2 excellent blokes to go out with and aren't free loaders, there is nothing wrong with wanting some rabbits to run the dogs on. If you want some ferreting and daytime running give me a shout lads as I'm always up for itthumbs.gif