pups first 2 retrieves

well i took my pup a walk last night with the air rifle

conditions were total pants no wind very little cloud cover and the odd patch of mist every now and then

cant get good nights all the time

anyway wasnt much about very little in fact as usual but make do with whats there...after about an hour walking i came across a woodcock in the middle of a barley field and managed to get to 35yrds away and thump 1 woodcock down with a wee hop first

thanfully the dog seen it hop so sent him for it and like a pro he had it right to hand no messing about which i was as much suprised as i was chuffed cos he wont entertain the rabbit dummy

after about 10/15 minute walking came across a sitter in the middle of a big open field and i more or less kicked its arse to get it up so let the pup on it and after 2 turns he had it and brought right back but this time circled round me 3 times before he put the rabbit in my hand trying to get it out his mouth is another story though lol anyway enough words heres a pic

will get the pic on in a couple minutes have to resize and photobucket is acting the cnut

Pups get like that mate, you feel as though sometimes your fighting a losing battle and all of a sudden they just click and everything comes good, always have patience in them and faith in their ability

oh i know that all too well bud

i know he has it in him and he gets plenty of time spent on him

he's a whinging cnut but slowly settling down

cant tie him up outside a shop though cos he loudly lets everybody know he's there

so hopefully he grows out of that soon

mines exactly the same mate,tie it up at the shop whines like f**k,cant even go for a piss but the wee bugger follows me and whines at door.like a strong bond with my dogs,but he is ridiculous at times.aye its good when they start doing what there meant to.ATB :thumbs:

scothunter....aye its a fkin nightmare at times

canny even stand tae talk tae somebody in the street

as soon as i stop he starts

he's been great with everything else but they all have faults somewhere and thats his

ha ha its a nightmare mine does it and i thought he would grow out of it but hasnt hes 3 now and still at it :censored: does my nutt in i cant stop off at my mates for a cuppa cos he sits at his door howling ha ha

edidted to ask whats his breeding mate?

Edited by GOSSYOVSLAND

cheers for the replies lads

dougall....he's coming along nicely just this whinging does my head in but considering all else he's been a good pup to have

he's found his feet a bit more and picked up a bit on speed so he should turn out a decent dog

i wont expect much more from him for another 5/6 month but we will get another day out with them before the season finishes dying to see that wee dog of yours run the lamp he's a nippy wee dog for his size :thumbs:

roxy....i've been trying over and over with him and a dummy and he's just not interested

he runs for it but when he gets there he realises its not worth picking up

probably cos its not running away from him lol

i was just about ready to accept that retrieving was something he just wasnt going to do but as i said proved me wrong with that one

gossy....i tried leaving him outside my mates while i was in for 10 minutes but i never got to stay for the 10 i think i only got about 3 and had to leave cos it was quite late at night and i could see a few nieghbours acroos the street looking out the windows with a not too happy face so it was a quick exit and a hasty retreat hahaha

his breeding is a bit of a mouthfull lol

a mate of mine knows its breeding i keep forgeting lol

but basically he has

saluki

greyhound

bull

beddy

whippet

beardie

deerhound

something along they lines anyway lol

maybe he will see the thread and enlighten us with what percentages

i'm not too fussed whats in him his parents worked grandparents worked and so on and he is coming along nicely so thats all i'm interested in

i'm not one for fancy breeding or top names as long as i have a dog from workers then i'm happy enough with that :thumbs:

• Like 1