LED Torches

OK so finally my new red torch has arrived.

RED Cree P4 LED torch

It uses the Cree P4 Red LED. This is supposedly twice as efficient (twice the light output for the same input current)and looks to have a tight hotspot.

This is significantly brighter, by eye, than the K2 LED.

I'm waiting on a lux meter to arrive (which must be on another slow boat) so will be able to quantify the difference. I'll also try to post a photo of the beams side by side.

I would recommend the DX version previously linked in this thread which uses the K2 as this has a good bright beam which has a soft edged hotspot making it good for general lighting, but so far (though I have not actually taken it hunting) the Cree P4 looks very good and quite a bit brighter than the K2.

More when I have time....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clulite Masterlite also has a reputation for poor performance in the cold, but is other wise on a par with the Tiablo and Fenix. I use an Ultrafire C8 XP-G R5 which produces 350 lumen (far more than

i have a Deben tracer mini which i have done away with the lead acid bat and use a lith ion with it better than lead acid also use a masterlite supreme and if people think like cookey it only goes out to 50yrds you have had a bang on the head i have had the masterlite since it came out and it wont go out to 300yrds like some say but it will do 220-250 easy and mine does regualy i use it on my .223 and copes well for foxes.

paul