bv

What is the cheapest way of getting into a vehicle that has your keys in the ignition :icon_redface:

Friend of mine has got his keys stuck in a transit connect van.

Smashing the window is last option for obvious reasons.

FTB

tell him to ring his insurance before doing anything, he might just be covered?

Has it got central locking? Sometimes half a tennis ball over the lock and punch it. The change in pressure lifts the lock. Or sometimes you can lift the sill at the bottom of the window and slide a coat hanger down to hook around the lock mechanism and lift. Used to work on older motors but not sure on the new ones!

52 plate, pretty sure it will have central locking.

Local dealer said he has to trace back to where the van originally came from before he can get a replacement key :hmm:

I just told him if he is going to crack a window, make it the passanger side to limit the draft :laugh:

FTB

;)

Hopefully someone can help.

Where are these pikeys when you need them eh?

:whistling:

FTB

pikeys again is it ftb :wankerzo4: ...............................

smash window pal central locking he dont wont to be messing with he door lock ;)

;)

Hopefully someone can help.

Where are these pikeys when you need them eh?

:whistling:

FTB

pikeys again is it ftb :wankerzo4: ...............................

smash window pal central locking he dont wont to be messing with he door lock ;)

(Joke)

:thumbs:

FTB

Has it got central locking? Sometimes half a tennis ball over the lock and punch it. The change in pressure lifts the lock. Or sometimes you can lift the sill at the bottom of the window and slide a coat hanger down to hook around the lock mechanism and lift. Used to work on older motors but not sure on the new ones!

I thought the tennis ball method only worked with Mercedes? Something to do with them having compressed air locking? Maybe wrong as I'm clearly no expert :thumbs:

Guest thebigdog

if it has electric mirrors take one off and earth the wires in it, will open locks, dead lock and the immobliser. it works on the big transits of same age so will more than likely work on the connect. :thumbs:

You could be right mate, it's just one method I've heard of. Worth the price of a tennis ball to find out though!!

I thought the tennis ball method only worked with Mercedes? Something to do with them having compressed air locking? Maybe wrong as I'm clearly no expert :thumbs:

if it has electric mirrors take one off and earth the wires in it, will open locks, dead lock and the immobliser. it works on the big transits of same age so will more than likely work on the connect. :thumbs:

Don't think it has electric mirrors, knowing my pal it will be poverty spec.

But a pretty cool trick if it works :thumbs:

FTB

put knee were the door handle is

fingers at the top of the door

and pull firmly tell him not to yank it

the top of the door will start to lean out

if he's skiny tell him to put his arm in

and open the door or use a wire coat hanger

he wont smash the window as long as he does'nt yank it

when its open put his knee on the door panel

and pull the top of the door back in

good as new

tennis ball only works on merc's

This is the best way mate pull door at the top just enough use a metal coat straighten out with a hook at the end and bend and go for either the keys or the door latch works a treat (done it a couple of times same kind of van this is how we sorted it) :thumbs: