pick up or not  

25 members have voted

1. 1. do yer pick up

all you have to do is feel if its still warm.. if its not leave it.. also it only takes about 12 hours in my experiance for a deers stomach to swell up with the gasses, when the belly starts to swell up youl see the rear leg start to cock up and eventualy look like its tryin to do the splits..

so if its laid in its side with its legs spread in the air like jordan at a cage-fighting convention then i would say deffo leave it..

with pheasants feel em for warmth and most are killed by car bumpers hitting there heads so the body is intact.. if not leave em alone.. and always make sure its safe to stop , ie not on a blind bend or such

When the ferrets had young and were emptying the freezers i would get dead pheasants etc, only if they were fresh though.

Road kill deer is usually a waste of time, unless you are on it straight after the impact as the guts are usually burst inside, taints the meat.

My OH sometimes brings home road kill munties: there's loads round here and they haven't any road sense: as long as they aren't blown up they are fine for the dogs. I'd be wary about picking up anything else as it could have been poisoned, though very fresh rabbits that I know have been car hit I'll take. Depends on your area I guess and who might be chucking poison around :thumbdown:

Had a munty doe that I just couldnt pass up. Still warm and bloody. Very few deer round here compared to other areas so I always stop for a road kill dear. Cant be fecked with rabbits and other small game unless I hit it not to fast. (pheasants at 70mph really arnt even worth ferret food)