jibing dog

What cross is the dog mate?

Deerhound x, will sort out ferral cats so i know he has drive and he's hard-mouthed with rabbits and long-ears. He is stock broken but i kept him in with an injury for a couple of weeks and as soon as i took him out he went for a sheep, maybe i should keep him in for a while before going out next?

What cross is the dog mate?

Deerhound x, will sort out ferral cats so i know he has drive and he's hard-mouthed with rabbits and long-ears. He is stock broken but i kept him in with an injury for a couple of weeks and as soon as i took him out he went for a sheep, maybe i should keep him in for a while before going out next?

obviously the dog is not stock broken then,thats the first thing you want to sort out.Deerhound crosses,especially the larger types,mature slowly,the dog is possibly a little young for fox yet.Leave it until next season.There is plenty of other work for the dog until then.

i'm sure being kept in for two weeks will frustrate even a stockbroken dog

The dog chases sheep,thats the owners bad training not the dogs fault,this may come as a shock so sit down,a dog that chases sheep is NOT stockbroken.

• Like 1

The dog chases sheep,thats the owners bad training not the dogs fault,this may come as a shock so sit down,a dog that chases sheep is NOT stockbroken.

its only the 1 time it went into a sheep it wont even look at them now

lol this may come as a shock so sit down,a dog that chases sheep is NOT stockbroken

lol this may come as a shock so sit down,a dog that chases sheep is NOT stockbroken

Amen to that one :thumbs:

jibber and chasing sheep :thumbdown: have you had a working dog before? because by the sounds of it you dont have a clew what your doing. totally forget about hunting and get the dog stock broke PROPERLY this time. then get it back on the rabbits and leave the fox till next season when the dog is mature deerhounds take a long time to mature. then if it still is not doing what you want sell to someone who just wants a rabbit dog then get your self a good bullx. :thumbs: