Broken Ribs

Broke some Ribs and bruised my upper chest on 24th Novemeber running back through the woods and putting my foot in a keepers fox snare! one minute I was running and the next second I was flat on my stomache. Ok I can see the funny side of it now but boy did it wind me and hurt like hell, as soon as I went over I couldn't get my breath before finally managing to limp in the house with one of my Muckboots still stuck in the snare :whistling:.

I couldn't get a word out to the wife who thought at the time I was having a heart attack before she finally went back into the woods to retreive my boot still in the snare :D.

Must say its quite funny now I think about it but what I wanted to know is how long does this roughly take to heal? all they gave me at A&E was painkiller and anti inflamatories and still over 8 weeks on it hurts on the lefthand side, still can't lay on that side! still can't lift anything heavy or run! and still hurt through the day under my left rib.

I'm sure there's a few lads on the forum broken ribs in the past, just how long do it take before they finally stop giving jipp?

takes ages mate and can leave them weak afterwards, had endless problems since mine where broken :thumbdown:

Got to say mate when I first done it I was crippled! couldn't laydown for weeks and had to sleep sitting up, still struggling now and definitly can't lay on my lefthand side! lifted a sack of coal the other day and I'm sure its damaged them again too.

cheers for the info

dont want to piss you off mate, but they can take months, depending on which ribs, and how badly you did them.. Had bruised and cracked ribs.. very very painful. couthing, sneezing, laughing, shouting,... just take it easy mate, dont over do it, well they wont let you, cause the pain is crippling sometimes.. Atb, and i hope you recover quickly...

I suffered broken ribs a couple of times as a lad falling off skateboards and it hurt like hell at first, really debilatating :blink:

They only took a couple of weeks or so to heal but as I said, I was only a lad and you do heal a lot better when you're young.

Just don't push yourself, Jasp, it's so easy to damage them again.

Guest dwain dibley

dont want to piss you off mate, but they can take months, depending on which ribs, and how badly you did them.. Had bruised and cracked ribs.. very very painful. couthing, sneezing, laughing, shouting,... just take it easy mate, dont over do it, well they wont let you, cause the pain is crippling sometimes.. Atb, and i hope you recover quickly...

yes.gif i'll say thats pretty bang on yes.gif

atb jasper thumbs.gif

Got in to a good old fashoned punch up years ago! propper old western jobee it was to!

some prick ran up from behind me and kicked me right in me back and broke two ribs, :cry:

i was pissing blood for 24 hours and was in agony real pain like i never had before..

i had a damaged kidney from the rib sticking in it hence the blood, took me months to

get over it and still have pain now its alterd my back propper, i hope you get over it

quicker than i did matey.. :thumbs:

Takes ages to heal, and one thing to be aware of is any broken rib puncturing a lung, SO BE CAREFUL, hope they took an x-ray to make sure there are no issues of bone fragments,

i'd say months before you feel no pain and then only lift very lightly if you have to for another few months, one of the hardest things to heal in the body...

good luck,

take care...

Snap.

Cheers for the top info lads its much apreciated :notworthy:.

Probably has to be the most painful injury I have had.. Fell of my motorbike when I was 17 and did my kneecap but it has nothing compared to this pain wise.

what makes me laugh is they don't strap them or do anything these days just tell you to take the painkillers and give you a little booklet to read on Rib Injuries, didn't even really want to Xray them either :blink:.

sounds like its going to be a long time to heal :thumbdown:

Cheers for the top info lads its much apreciated :notworthy:.

Probably has to be the most painful injury I have had.. Fell of my motorbike when I was 17 and did my kneecap but it has nothing compared to this pain wise.

what makes me laugh is they don't strap them or do anything these days just tell you to take the painkillers and give you a little booklet to read on Rib Injuries, didn't even really want to Xray them either :blink:.

sounds like its going to be a long time to heal :thumbdown:

theres nothing they can strap them to :whistling: :whistling: but i no what your saying mate, thats just way it is with ribs you just have to see it through :thumbdown: :thumbdown: