parson type russels in ireland

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is an interesting thread. At least no mad personal issues being thrashed out in public so far. I have quoted this post simply because it has to be one of the easiest questions to answer ever to h

found some pics      

i wasnt in the best mood when i wrote that, it is true to a larger extent than most will admit, (or turn a blind eye to) there are plenty of good breeders out there, if i was buying a pup id want refe

Posted Images

lislea vixen can you tell me which hunt kennels your dogs are at and do you personally work your dogs as thats the purpose of the post.fair dues till huntress looks like they get out there but she isnt japattin also that dog in finland didnt have to work for the cacib certificates as he was intitled to enter the show as he held a championship from a foreign country

Edited by kegs
Guest ladyjane

I only put the dogs pics up to let folk see what is in effect a bitch bred for work and a show bred dog. I'm not getting into arguments about what is a working dog and what isn't, I don't dig with my terriers, I use them for cover work. But without dedicated breeders who know what they are doing, breeds like the pure parson will cease to exist. Just take a look at some of the specimens of all types of terriers you see at working shows, shaved coats, no bone or substance to them, some look like they need a good feeding up. How could dogs like that ever survive the vigours of a seasons work?

This thread was started by an enquiry about the Jappatin kennel of parson russells. From what I know of this kennel they show and work their dogs. what defines work, or show for that matter, is a matter for individual interpretation.

No offence intended to anyone who has posted!!

lislea vixen can you tell me which hunt kennels your dogs are at and do you personally work your dogs as thats the purpose of the post.fair dues till huntress looks like they get out there but she isnt japattin also that dog in finland didnt have to work for the cacib certificates as he was intitled to enter the show as he held a championship from a foreign country

Hi Kegs mate, can you tell me what the dog in Finland has won in the show ring ? do you know for sure that he does'nt do any work ? have you ever seen the dog ? really like to hear what you think of him if you have, cheers mate.

I only put the dogs pics up to let folk see what is in effect a bitch bred for work and a show bred dog. I'm not getting into arguments about what is a working dog and what isn't, I don't dig with my terriers, I use them for cover work. But without dedicated breeders who know what they are doing, breeds like the pure parson will cease to exist. Just take a look at some of the specimens of all types of terriers you see at working shows, shaved coats, no bone or substance to them, some look like they need a good feeding up. How could dogs like that ever survive the vigours of a seasons work?

This thread was started by an enquiry about the Jappatin kennel of parson russells. From what I know of this kennel they show and work their dogs. what defines work, or show for that matter, is a matter for individual interpretation.

No offence intended to anyone who has posted!!

Most dedicated breeders of parsons haven't got a clue about working terriers. There are plenty who think they do but from 1st hand experience they are clueless. Incidentally what do you class as a pure parson seeing as you put up a picture of a Howlbeck bred dog? Can I ask again who is he? and are you in Ireland? pm if preferred

Could someone please explain to me what is meant by the word "work" as in working terriers ? i have always thought terriers could be "worked" to rat,rabbit fox or any other legal quarry, now however after following some of comments on this topic im not to sure ! is "working" only to fox ?.

The Dooners do indeed hunt their terriers,and i know that they hunt with them in England, but i could not tell you where at or with who and they are indeed better known as a show kennel. My terriers are of the jappatin bloodline but i only do a wee bit of ratting sometimes, ( to old,to fat and the knees have gone !)the dogs they breed are smaller neater type than the normal leggy shit you see in the kc show ring,

i used to have one of the leggy shit ones. worked well he did. 15 inches tts :thumbs:

found some pics :thumbs:

post-2078-0-07386100-1295187227_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-16285700-1295187371_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-12714300-1295187410_thumb.jpg

Is that a dog from the Howlbeck kennel

the dog is howlbeck breeding :thumbs: out of piper.

this is his dam

post-2078-0-10762300-1295383323_thumb.jpg

The Dooners do indeed hunt their terriers,and i know that they hunt with them in England, but i could not tell you where at or with who and they are indeed better known as a show kennel. My terriers are of the jappatin bloodline but i only do a wee bit of ratting sometimes, ( to old,to fat and the knees have gone !)the dogs they breed are smaller neater type than the normal leggy shit you see in the kc show ring,

i used to have one of the leggy shit ones. worked well he did. 15 inches tts :thumbs:

found some pics :thumbs:

post-2078-0-07386100-1295187227_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-16285700-1295187371_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-12714300-1295187410_thumb.jpg

Is that a dog from the Howlbeck kennel

the dog is howlbeck breeding :thumbs: out of piper.

this is his dam

post-2078-0-10762300-1295383323_thumb.jpg

Nice bitch Cleanspade

1. The purpose of the initial post that started all this was to ask if Jappatin worked their dogs and did anyone know of them.

2. Huntress bitch was bred by Jappatin and has won at many IKC shows.

3. Dog in Finland is working as well as showing

4. A CACIB Does NOT give a Parson a working certificate without having passed a full working test in most cases to LIVE QUARRY

5. Can someone please tell me what all the fuss is about Jappatin are initially a show kennel that use several of their dogs for hunting and have sold some dogs for the purpose of working, they don't breed a lot and keep themselves to them selves and have never professed to be what they are not, they did not ask to be slammed all over this site

as far as i'm concerned all kennels that show there dogs and strive for top quality show dogs.kc or not are a show kennel. this is not a dig at the kennel just an opinion. i kept and worked howlbeck dogs. these have a good name for work :thumbs: but they come from a show kennel. like i said some will work. they are not a working kennel :thumbs: jappatin is only one kennel. i dont think there are any working kennels for parsons allthough i would be happy to be proved wrong :thumbs: that is a kennel that breeds for working ability above comformation. :thumbs: as far as i'm concerned there is feck al wronge with showing dogs each to there own :D

• Like 1