parson type russels in ireland

sorry about the misunderstanding,im not trying to annoy anyone i was with that header dee the other night and a few drinks were had by all and we came across your site and seen the dogs and liked the shape of them,i was talkin to some fella at ballinlough and the one with him had a russel.there was a nice red lurcher in their company as i remember a nice lurcher,anyway he said he worked the dogs to rabbits but one had dug a few foxs and he said they were jappitan which i forgot about till i seen the site,anyhow we do a bit of diggin and wanted to know if anyone else heard of them,maybe that wearnt the fella himself as dont know him, anyhow which packs are they with as i know someone in a fair few

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is an interesting thread. At least no mad personal issues being thrashed out in public so far. I have quoted this post simply because it has to be one of the easiest questions to answer ever to h

found some pics      

i wasnt in the best mood when i wrote that, it is true to a larger extent than most will admit, (or turn a blind eye to) there are plenty of good breeders out there, if i was buying a pup id want refe

Posted Images

i was on the web there messing around and found a site for jappitan russels,they look a nice stamp of a dog and was wondering did anyone on here know anything about them.the site is all show pics but says they work them,you never know

Well mate you are right its a good web site and I for one can assure you they do work their dogs as well as show them, they have working terriers in Finland France and several hunt kennels in the UK and here in Ireland just because they show at IKC shows does not mean the dogs are not good enough to work ask Eddie Chapman and Geoff Burnhill, you can catch up with them around the ringside at Crufts in March !!!!

eddie chapman -- the man and his terriers have become a joke --:D

Why is eddie chapman and his terriers a joke ?

there was a bloke with the abbeyfeale pack with chapwins dogs but dont know anything about him or the dogs but they must of been ok to be with a pack.

Mans name was doug McGuinness from the foxline kennel his wife shows the dogs at KC shows sometimes and he works them with the harriers just like the Jappatin kennel

so is there jappitan dogs with the harriers also

No you misunderstand meant they show and work

Any pics of your dogs vixen ?

i was on the web there messing around and found a site for jappitan russels,they look a nice stamp of a dog and was wondering did anyone on here know anything about them.the site is all show pics but says they work them,you never know

Well mate you are right its a good web site and I for one can assure you they do work their dogs as well as show them, they have working terriers in Finland France and several hunt kennels in the UK and here in Ireland just because they show at IKC shows does not mean the dogs are not good enough to work ask Eddie Chapman and Geoff Burnhill, you can catch up with them around the ringside at Crufts in March !!!!

become a joke --- he breeds shit for money these days --- in the 80s he voiced his opionion loud and clear for russells not to go kc slagged the kc in one of his books - when kc russells started making big money and the market changed abroad he formed his own russell club went trough the irish kc to get at the kc market ...

dogs arnt a patch on what they used to be ...

i could go on forever -- as for catchin up with him at crufts he`d probly say he was`nt eddie chapman same as he did when he was confronted at the yorkshire -- not me boyo ..

Edited by the_stig

Edited by lislea vixen

there was a bloke with the abbeyfeale pack with chapwins dogs but dont know anything about him or the dogs but they must of been ok to be with a pack.

Mans name was doug McGuinness from the foxline kennel his wife shows the dogs at KC shows sometimes and he works them with the harriers just like the Jappatin kennel

so is there jappitan dogs with the harriers also

No you misunderstand meant they show and work

Any pics of your dogs vixen ?

Will get some up for you soon

sorry about the misunderstanding,im not trying to annoy anyone i was with that header dee the other night and a few drinks were had by all and we came across your site and seen the dogs and liked the shape of them,i was talkin to some fella at ballinlough and the one with him had a russel.there was a nice red lurcher in their company as i remember a nice lurcher,anyway he said he worked the dogs to rabbits but one had dug a few foxs and he said they were jappitan which i forgot about till i seen the site,anyhow we do a bit of diggin and wanted to know if anyone else heard of them,maybe that wearnt the fella himself as dont know him, anyhow which packs are they with as i know someone in a fair few

You cant always judge a book by its cover !!!

Edited by lislea vixen

Hi Keys, remember u now from that show.. hope u well , the red lurcher bitch is our bell, shes still doing her job every weekend, she may be small, but never lets himself down..we dont post on this site cause all u get is people giving smart comments, but thank you for your nice comments of her.here she is last weekend...not looking her best..lol..

IMG_1980.jpg

Edited by tom.

there are NO parson kennels that are winning at KC and working their dogs properly. there is the odd KC dog that works well.there is no terrier man whom consistently tests full kc parsons to a high standard that doesn't feel the need to have other breed of terriers in their kennels, be it blacks,reds, borders or mongrel russells.No kennels mentioned here or ones you hear of work their dogs constantly and to a standard that would warrant breeding off to call workers.

Think you might have to eat your words see Huntress and her KC working bitch, I think you are a little out of touch with the world a majority of show dogs in Europe work to badger and wild boar surf the net and take a look!!!!!

become a joke --- he breeds shit for money these days --- in the 80s he voiced his opionion loud and clear for russells not to go kc slagged the kc in one of his books - when kc russells started making big money and the market changed abroad he formed his own russell club went trough the irish kc to get at the kc market ...

i could go on forever -- as for catchin up with him at crufts he`d probably say he was`nt Eddie Chapman same as he did when he was confronted at the yorkshire -- not me boyo ..

I think your being a little unfair slagging some one on here when they cant defend themselves. If it wasn't for Eddie the gene pool in the UK would have been so much smaller, breeders both here and throughout the world owe him a debt of gratitude for giving them his vast knowledge of the breed. Its obvious by your statement you don't have a very opinion of him but I don't think this is the place to air your views of one individual no disrespect or offense intended ;) ;)

i could go on forever -- as for catchin up with him at crufts he`d probably say he was`nt Eddie Chapman same as he did when he was confronted at the yorkshire -- not me boyo ..

I think your being a little unfair slagging some one on here when they cant defend themselves. If it wasn't for Eddie the gene pool in the UK would have been so much smaller, breeders both here and throughout the world owe him a debt of gratitude for giving them his vast knowledge of the breed. Its obvious by your statement you don't have a very opinion of him but I don't think this is the place to air your views of one individual no disrespect or offense intended ;) ;)

some would say gene pool others puppy peddler ... did you not ask the question ? and i gave the answer ? i would agree with you to a degree and i did say his dogs arnt a patch on what they used to be - i`ve him told`ve to his face and he agrees with me the kc thing we put to ago over a mug of tea - no offence taken :tongue2:

there are NO parson kennels that are winning at KC and working their dogs properly. there is the odd KC dog that works well.there is no terrier man whom consistently tests full kc parsons to a high standard that doesn't feel the need to have other breed of terriers in their kennels, be it blacks,reds, borders or mongrel russells.No kennels mentioned here or ones you hear of work their dogs constantly and to a standard that would warrant breeding off to call workers.

Think you might have to eat your words see Huntress and her KC working bitch, I think you are a little out of touch with the world a majority of show dogs in Europe work to badger and wild boar surf the net and take a look!!!!!

im definatly not and you would be suprised.

huntress dog proves nothing to me.come back to me when she has lined a kc bitch with a kc dog that have both had over 200 digs, produced a litter and them in turn have had over 200 digs and been lined again etc etc and also one at the major kc shows... it wont happen.one swallow dosnet make a summer. im not knocking kc dogs that show and work, i just know for a fact that there are NO full kennels or lines that are doing the job day in day out to a standard that would warrnet calling them a proper grafting line.ive seen what alot of working in europe intails. i dont need to surf the net full of miss guided lies and brags about dogs. i think your a little out of touch with the world of the working terrier.