parson type russels in ireland

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is an interesting thread. At least no mad personal issues being thrashed out in public so far. I have quoted this post simply because it has to be one of the easiest questions to answer ever to h

found some pics      

i wasnt in the best mood when i wrote that, it is true to a larger extent than most will admit, (or turn a blind eye to) there are plenty of good breeders out there, if i was buying a pup id want refe

Posted Images

i was on the web there messing around and found a site for jappitan russels,they look a nice stamp of a dog and was wondering did anyone on here know anything about them.the site is all show pics but says they work them,you never know

Well mate you are right its a good web site and I for one can assure you they do work their dogs as well as show them, they have working terriers in Finland France and several hunt kennels in the UK and here in Ireland just because they show at IKC shows does not mean the dogs are not good enough to work ask Eddie Chapman and Geoff Burnhill, you can catch up with them around the ringside at Crufts in March !!!!

eddie chapman -- the man and his terriers have become a joke --:D

Why is eddie chapman and his terriers a joke ?

jappatin are primarily a show kennels as far as i know mate. seen a few of their dogs over the years. they are bred for the pursuit of silverware. thats not to say some wont work. just depends on what you cal work i suppose. :thumbs::thumbs:

Dont think you win anything at those KC shows not even prize money better off sticking to the hunt shows eh

they dont show their dogs for prizemoney, best in show in crufts is only 100stg last i heard, its about making a name for yourself, its the reason some puppy farmers in the uk show dogs, i could mention names but i wont, the more dogs you have in the crufts catalogue the more buyers you have for your pups, its also the reason show folk drive to the most remote small championship dog shows in the country, even why uk show-owners come over here to enter their dogs into shows in ireland etc, its because they have smaller classes and you have more of a chance of winning = points that add up eventually to the dog being made a champion = more buyers for pups, ive seen some unbelievably poor quality dogs of an un-named breed that were awarded championship status because of all the remote shows where there was only 1 dog of its breed in the class. the kennel club show scene is a bad joke.

Have to agree with you about the money aspect of showing to some degree, but you cant tie every show kennel with the same brush as with everything in life it comes down to the honesty and integrity of the breeders to breed good dogs and never forget what they were bred for originally, thats the downfall of most breeds within the kennel club show fraternity. The original founders of the Kennel Club were nearly all working terrier men!!! the Hon Parson John Russell Himself being one!!!

Its also up the judges to again be honest to the breeds they judge, seen a lot of dogs put up at many game fairs that should'nt have, same rule applies.

Oh and lovin the website good luck with the business

The Dooners do indeed hunt their terriers,and i know that they hunt with them in England, but i could not tell you where at or with who and they are indeed better known as a show kennel. My terriers are of the jappatin bloodline but i only do a wee bit of ratting sometimes, ( to old,to fat and the knees have gone !)the dogs they breed are smaller neater type than the normal leggy shit you see in the kc show ring,

i used to have one of the leggy shit ones. worked well he did. 15 inches tts :thumbs:

found some pics :thumbs:

post-2078-0-07386100-1295187227_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-16285700-1295187371_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-12714300-1295187410_thumb.jpg

Is that a dog from the Howlbeck kennel

i was on the web there messing around and found a site for jappitan russels,they look a nice stamp of a dog and was wondering did anyone on here know anything about them.the site is all show pics but says they work them,you never know

Well mate you are right its a good web site and I for one can assure you they do work their dogs as well as show them, they have working terriers in Finland France and several hunt kennels in the UK and here in Ireland just because they show at IKC shows does not mean the dogs are not good enough to work ask Eddie Chapman and Geoff Burnhill, you can catch up with them around the ringside at Crufts in March !!!!

there was a bloke with the abbeyfeale pack with chapwins dogs but dont know anything about him or the dogs but they must of been ok to be with a pack.

The man that tried to work Bandit reckons he didnt like the dark !

Seems to be doin the job in Finland now though

Maybe he just needed to mature a bit more, he was young when he was first tried !

what age was he tried

jappatin are primarily a show kennels as far as i know mate. seen a few of their dogs over the years. they are bred for the pursuit of silverware. thats not to say some wont work. just depends on what you cal work i suppose. :thumbs::thumbs:

Dont think you win anything at those KC shows not even prize money better off sticking to the hunt shows eh

they dont show their dogs for prizemoney, best in show in crufts is only 100stg last i heard, its about making a name for yourself, its the reason some puppy farmers in the uk show dogs, i could mention names but i wont, the more dogs you have in the crufts catalogue the more buyers you have for your pups, its also the reason show folk drive to the most remote small championship dog shows in the country, even why uk show-owners come over here to enter their dogs into shows in ireland etc, its because they have smaller classes and you have more of a chance of winning = points that add up eventually to the dog being made a champion = more buyers for pups, ive seen some unbelievably poor quality dogs of an un-named breed that were awarded championship status because of all the remote shows where there was only 1 dog of its breed in the class. the kennel club show scene is a bad joke.

Have to agree with you about the money aspect of showing to some degree, but you cant tie every show kennel with the same brush as with everything in life it comes down to the honesty and integrity of the breeders to breed good dogs and never forget what they were bred for originally, thats the downfall of most breeds within the kennel club show fraternity. The original founders of the Kennel Club were nearly all working terrier men!!! the Hon Parson John Russell Himself being one!!!

Its also up the judges to again be honest to the breeds they judge, seen a lot of dogs put up at many game fairs that should'nt have, same rule applies.

Oh and lovin the website good luck with the business

i wasnt in the best mood when i wrote that, it is true to a larger extent than most will admit, (or turn a blind eye to) there are plenty of good breeders out there, if i was buying a pup id want references either from a local hunt or from the relevant breed club as well as all the relevant health checks and accompanying paperwork, not photocopys along with the original registration papers for the parents of the pup.

my own parents were hobby breeders when i was growing up, i was a junior handler and also showed my parents dogs in the ring, met quite a few bad apples at shows and through other breeders, the more i discovered behind the scenes of some breeders/ show folk the less i wanted to be involved in the show world, met a few really good breeders/show folk along the way, but ive seen to much to be taken in by the glossy image that the kennel club and their advocates attempt to portray.

• Like 1

there was a bloke with the abbeyfeale pack with chapwins dogs but dont know anything about him or the dogs but they must of been ok to be with a pack.

Mans name was doug McGuinness from the foxline kennel his wife shows the dogs at KC shows sometimes and he works them with the harriers just like the Jappatin kennel

Mans name was doug McGuinness from the foxline kennel his wife shows the dogs at KC shows sometimes and he works them with the harriers just like the Jappatin kennel

so is there jappitan dogs with the harriers also

The man that tried to work Bandit reckons he didnt like the dark !

Seems to be doin the job in Finland now though

Maybe he just needed to mature a bit more, he was young when he was first tried !

what age was he tried

Not sure, about a year old i think !

so is there jappitan dogs with the harriers also

No you misunderstand meant they show and work

Edited by lislea vixen

Yes why did you say Eddie Chapmans dogs are a joke Stig ???

stig is eddie laugh.gifthumbs.gif