saluki bull greys

what would be best a pure saluki or a good hard worked coursing dog

0078.jpg

They are a cracking pair of animals mate,, credit to you,,:thumbs: .

Iam goona be in the market for a dog pup soon,,, not sure if i will get what iam after,,,, the breeding must be,, 5/8 grey 3/8bull racey leggy type,,x first or second gen sauki grey. My mate has a full kc working saluki dog but that will throw too much one way imo,,,, i think these way bred dogs could be very very good alround animals in the wright hands.

What way bred are the dogs fella if you dont mind me asking,,,cheers.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

love this cross aswell, crackin all rounders from what i hear.

so do you mean a bull grey saluki grey put back to a saluki grey?they would be better at hare and fast things but would they be able to take the stick off the sharp end that the quater bull could,

Posted Images

0078.jpg

Iam goona be in the market for a dog pup soon,,, not sure if i will get what iam after,,,, the breeding must be,, 5/8 grey 3/8bull racey leggy type,,x first or second gen sauki grey. My mate has a full kc working saluki dog but that will throw too much one way imo,,,, i think these way bred dogs could be very very good alround animals in the wright hands.

:thumbs:

Edited by shaddow

0078.jpg

no credit goes t me about these mate i just owned teh sire teh lads who have these only gifted to friends the way it should be :thumbs:

buying in mate.only toying with the idea at the mo. :thumbs:

OK, good cross and a good post :thumbs:

cheers.as you know i have the litter sister to your pup/youngster.and in an ideal world i would breed from bess in the future.but although bess is going to make a decent dog i find her lacking in some departments.dont get me wrong im not gonna ship her off to another home or anything.my issue is prey drive.bess runs clever sometimes and pulls up at the hedge to early.i know she is still young but i believe this kind of preydrive to be inborn .in my opinion at least 75% of rabbits caught on the land i hunt are caught when the pressure is on at the hedge.a dog that gives the rabbit that split second to think and a dog that is just gonna catch it death or glory is imho the difference between catching a few rabbits and catching a load of rabbits and controling the pests.i know some of you will say that a dog with such high prey drive is a vets bill waiting to happen.but im willing to take my chances.i have thought about the future be it a good few years down the line trying to breed fire back into bess with pure sighthound but its a gamble.so i will probably do my home work try and see some dogs work who have future litters planned and go from there.if anyone is doing this i would like to hear from you :thumbs: .

Lack of preydrive,,what did she pull down the other day fella,, :whistling:.

:thumbs:

I've heard alot of good stuff about this cross. I would like to put my saluki/whippet/grey over a bull grey bitch in a few years if he makes the grade.

He is about 1/4 saluki, would this be enough saluki in the mix? And would you put him over half cross bitch or 3/8 5/8

Not planning a breeding at all, just curious.

Gaz

I've heard alot of good stuff about this cross. I would like to put my saluki/whippet/grey over a bull grey bitch in a few years if he makes the grade.

He is about 1/4 saluki, would this be enough saluki in the mix? And would you put him over half cross bitch or 3/8 5/8

Gaz

Thats the thing mate,, about a 1/4,,, isnt sure enough,,if he was a 1/4 for certain then it would be 1/8 saluki pups,, but as the dam would be the bullx the breeding might go more that way,,, some say the dams slightly on the dominante side some will dissagree,,, but put it this way if i was after a 1st cross collie grey i would use a collie sire and a greyhound dam,, not the other way around. many will dissagree.

So it makes sense to me that if i wanted more wind i would use the salukigrey as the dam,,, if i wanted more fast pace up at em type i would use a 5/8 grey 3/8 bull as the dam and the salukix as the sire,,, but even then you could have some throw to either side in the same litter,, but in general i think you stand more of a chance of getting what you want.

I think this cross wold be very very good in the wright hands,, i just think the breeding wright,, too heavy and you might have lost wind and turning ability. To much saluki and yo might loose the bottle,,, iam talking dogs that will take r,h,f,d regular day and night here by the way.

Gaz

Thats the thing mate,, about a 1/4,,, isnt sure enough,,if he was a 1/4 for certain then it would be 1/8 saluki pups,, but as the dam would be the bullx the breeding might go more that way,,, some say the dams slightly on the dominante side some will dissagree,,, but put it this way if i was after a 1st cross collie grey i would use a collie sire and a greyhound dam,, not the other way around. many will dissagree.

So it makes sense to me that if i wanted more wind i would use the salukigrey as the dam,,, if i wanted more fast pace up at em type i would use a 5/8 grey 3/8 bull as the dam and the salukix as the sire,,, but even then you could have some throw to either side in the same litter,, but in general i think you stand more of a chance of getting what you want.

I think this cross wold be very very good in the wright hands,, i just think the breeding wright,, too heavy and you might have lost wind and turning ability. To much saluki and yo might loose the bottle,,, iam talking dogs that will take r,h,f,d regular day and night here by the way.

good points.some lovely looking hounds though aye mate. :thumbs:

Gaz

i have a bitch she is saluki whippet,greyhound x 1/4 bull greyhound dam was salukix sire was bull x to me she shows very little bull she has plenty of wind thin skinned and doesnt really like the sharp end but does try on everything for me,she has thrown more to her dam heres a pic

post-39452-0-32016300-1295084134_thumb.jpg

Thats a very nice bitch scotty. I agree she has thrown away from the bull and looks alot like sal/whip/grey.

It just goes to show how they can throw different ways.

My dog is less than 1/4 saluki, 3/16 actually, but there was saluki on both sides and he appears saluki like.

Thanks for info,

Gaz

Gaz

i have a bitch she is saluki whippet,greyhound x 1/4 bull greyhound dam was salukix sire was bull x to me she shows very little bull she has plenty of wind thin skinned and doesnt really like the sharp end but does try on everything for me,she has thrown more to her dam heres a pic

Nice bitch fella,,, i can see the bull tracing through mate,, even at the 1/8 on the sire side.:thumbs: