rabbit decoys for foxes

hi i have been looking into the use of decoys for purpose of wise foxes and have seen you can buy a machine that spins a rabit decoy around just wondering if any one has made one them selves i am quite good at things like this so just wondered if any one had any good ideas of how to do this because i am working on the cheap is better approach could just do with a few ideas i plan to place my u caller next to this when using it

hi i have been looking into the use of decoys for purpose of wise foxes and have seen you can buy a machine that spins a rabit decoy around just wondering if any one has made one them selves i am quite good at things like this so just wondered if any one had any good ideas of how to do this because i am working on the cheap is better approach could just do with a few ideas i plan to place my u caller next to this when using it

Use a window wiper motor for movement as it has delay movement, dont have it spinning round all the time, use the intermitting setting, then skin out a hare and use chicken mesh to make frame and cover with pelt, power with 12v battery.

Works a treat.

ATB Jimmy

...... foxes are interested in decoys because they are thinking of food.....so.....cut to the chase and just use some good bait.....the smell will attract them more than the decoy I imagine. Cut open a rabbit, try a tin of cheap sardines.tuna or liver.....the more it stinks the better. Do you agree murphymax?

Cant you just tie one on a lead and put it on a stake where you want it??

I am not, But im guessing if you keep it as a pet for a couple of weeks before, you'll be pretty intent on keeping it alive :gunsmilie:

well, do yourself and us a favour, and check out the defra website, and LEARN THE LAW then, using a live animal as bait, wild or pet is totally illegal, then it'll save you looking like a muppet with the above posts

I am not, But im guessing if you keep it as a pet for a couple of weeks before, you'll be pretty intent on keeping it alive :gunsmilie:

well, do yourself and us a favour, and check out the defra website, and LEARN THE LAW then, using a live animal as bait, wild or pet is totally illegal, then it'll save you looking like a muppet with the above posts

Why would I need to do that?? I don't plan on using a rabbit as a decoy for a fox... If that time arises I'll seek professional advice, not on a public forum where posts are 100% opinion and regularly disagree with the next...

There's a guy suggesting to strap a rabbit to a chickenwire frame, one to crack open a tin of John west and one to parade a dead rabbit about on the back of a rc monster truck lol, it's all personal opinion and there's no hard facts....muppet

• Like 1

Dan, Im afraid you are the only muppet, all the other suggestions were for using dead decoys, not stacking out a live animal and then when someone comments about it you get all defensive and say that you have no intention of checking out shooting laws and have no intention of using that method.

Shooting sports are seriously at risk and as you commented, website forums can be browsed by anyone, and obviously when they see posts like yours we all get tarred.

This site, is on the whole, full of genuine field sports enthusiasts, many who meet up and share their enjoyment of fishing,shooting, hunting, working dogs and birds etc with other members of this website.

Unfortunately ther are always a few muppets who come on here.

As an aside, I seem to remember a post of yours asking about suggestions for shotguns as you were waiting for your feo visit or license to come through, one or the other. Just imagine what the FEO would do with your application if he read your comment about tying a rabbit to a stake....I think he would say, sorry pal you have a mental problem and you cant have a gun.

Why would I need to do that?? I don't plan on using a rabbit as a decoy for a fox... If that time arises I'll seek professional advice,

well I was trying to give you PROFFESSIONAL ADVICE, as a fulltime pestie, you need to know what you can or cant do/shoot etc

by all means carry on as your doing, as the above poster has pointed out, your FAO would be interested in your replies, we however are not :doh:

Chill out son he was only have a laugh!!!

• Like 1

Why would I need to do that?? I don't plan on using a rabbit as a decoy for a fox... If that time arises I'll seek professional advice, not on a public forum where posts are 100% opinion and regularly disagree with the next...

Mate you truly are a clay ground muppet, I just read a post of yours which basically goes like this " heres a picture of my new gun,its a lamber, I got it from a gun shop, i dont know what model it is, what length shells do you think it takes?" and so on, plus another post about advice about steel shot and whether your gun is proofed for it.

Heres the links to the posts folks:

Bought my 1st gun - http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/180741-bought-my-first-shotgun/page__p__1828053#entry1828053

Steel Shot - http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/181600-steel-shot-question/page__p__1836393#entry1836393

And all this from a person who will seek professional advice when he wants it and not from the likes of those on a public forum, Oooh you are a nob Dan:) Oh and yes I would say it to your face pal, and quiet happy to do that as Im only a short drive from North Wales Shooting ground ;)