feed her small amounts more frequently. she is probably wolfing large lumps to quickly.

my pup gets raw lamb, fresh veg and beta puppy mixed every day and he is doing well onit. hes a leggy lurcher not a terrier though.

if you want to build him up wait till he is abit older and give him lots of exercise with plenty of raw meat mixed into his good quality dry food.

Edited by rapidjenky

Hi does anyone know a good food source to build my lakeland x patt up with make her bit more solid

Basically if you feed more calories than the needs she will use the extra to store as fat. The amount of muscle she has will depend on the amount and type of exercise linked with her genetic make up, there is no super food that builds muscle. Time and exercise will allow her to develop the musculature that she requires if she's fed a sensible diet either commercial, home made or a mixture of both.

Regards s

Hi all

Sales rubbish :doh:

The link is there for the guy to make his own mind up nobody is try to sell him anything......

A natural diet is far more effective at repairing the body than any commercial food which is mainly cereal filled with additives etc...Any cooked or processed food loses most of its natural nutrients once it’s been cooked.

Time and exercise will build a dogs structure but a muscle requires protein to repair and the best available is raw meat so that’s why I chose this diet.

Would you find top athletes eating a MacDonald’s diet I don’t think so?

So yes I do believe that sales rubbish. Common sense really.....

Good luck

Matt

Well the top athletes of the dog world are fed kibble, they're called greyhounds.

Hi does anyone know a good food source to build my lakeland x patt up with make her bit more solid

Basically if you feed more calories than the needs she will use the extra to store as fat. The amount of muscle she has will depend on the amount and type of exercise linked with her genetic make up, there is no super food that builds muscle. Time and exercise will allow her to develop the musculature that she requires if she's fed a sensible diet either commercial, home made or a mixture of both.

Regards s

Hi all

The link is there for the guy to make his own mind up nobody is try to sell him anything......

A natural diet is far more effective at repairing the body than any commercial food which is mainly cereal filled with additives etc...Any cooked or processed food loses most of its natural nutrients once it’s been cooked.

Time and exercise will build a dogs structure but a muscle requires protein to repair and the best available is raw meat so that’s why I chose this diet.

Good luck

Matt

Well the top athletes of the dog world are fed kibble, they're called greyhounds.

Not all are ,ive owned greyhounds on and off for 30years , with various trainers , some feed kibble , some , and in my opinion the ones who achieved best results , fed traditional , meat , veg , brown bread , etc , i stopped feeding kibble years ago and my dogs work well on raw foods .

Regards s

Hi all

Good luck

Matt

Not all are ,ive owned greyhounds on and off for 30years , with various trainers , some feed kibble , some , and in my opinion the ones who achieved best results , fed traditional , meat , veg , brown bread , etc , i stopped feeding kibble years ago and my dogs work well on raw foods .

I don't doubt it mate, but the fact the dogs can race against ones fed a better diet makes me think people may make a bit too much about feed.

Some look at kibble as practically poison.

Regards s

Hi all

Good luck

Matt

I don't doubt it mate, but the fact the dogs can race against ones fed a better diet makes me think people may make a bit too much about feed.

Some look at kibble as practically poison.

An ounce of breedings worth a ton of feeding ! , but by giving your dog the best you can , your giving him every chance .

Regards s

Hi all

Good luck

Matt

Usain Bolt ate nothing but Chicken Mcnuggets for a couple of days before setting 2 world records.

Regards s

Hi all

A natural diet is far more effective at repairing the body than any commercial food which is mainly cereal filled with additives etc...Any cooked or processed food loses most of its natural nutrients once it's been cooked.

Time and exercise will build a dogs structure but a muscle requires protein to repair and the best available is raw meat so that's why I chose this diet.

Would you find top athletes eating a MacDonald's diet I don't think so?

Good luck

Matt

Thank you zigzag. There you go a man who has been involved with greyhounds for 30 years is telling you what he thinks gets the best results.30 years in the game have to count for knowledge...

"A natural diet is far more effective at repairing the body than any commercial food which is mainly cereal filled with additives etc...Any cooked or processed food loses most of its natural nutrients once its been cooked." (MATT241075)

How is it more effective?

Some nutrients as reduced and some made more avaiable by cooking.

I use a mixture of both and the great majority of greyhound trainers do the same. I also have a little experience pic taken around early eighties, a few of the track dogs I trained and one of the lurchers.

post-2025-0-63868100-1294746106_thumb.jpg

Edited by sandymere

Don't think usain bolt a good example he just a freak lol surely the best food is the one they ate for hundreds of thousands of years and thrived or a food that is basically a lot of the time contains the minimum to survive the food comp ain't in it for us there there to make money so I feed both but raw is better

"A natural diet is far more effective at repairing the body than any commercial food which is mainly cereal filled with additives etc...Any cooked or processed food loses most of its natural nutrients once it’s been cooked." (MATT241075)

I use a mixture of both and the great majority of greyhound trainers do the same. I also have a little experience pic taken around early eighties, a few of the track dogs I trained and one of the lurchers.

Well that dispells the myth about 'you can't mix dry with raw, different digestion rates blah blah bollocks blah' that is often peddled about feeding.

"A natural diet is far more effective at repairing the body than any commercial food which is mainly cereal filled with additives etc...Any cooked or processed food loses most of its natural nutrients once it's been cooked." (MATT241075)

Well that dispells the myth about 'you can't mix dry with raw, different digestion rates blah blah bollocks blah' that is often peddled about feeding.

who said you cant mix the two.what was said is a natural diet is far better as all the natural nutrients are where they should be thats why its more effective.............and what nutrients are enhanced by cooking as heat kills

"A natural diet is far more effective at repairing the body than any commercial food which is mainly cereal filled with additives etc...Any cooked or processed food loses most of its natural nutrients once it's been cooked." (MATT241075)

who said you cant mix the two.what was said is a natural diet is far better as all the natural nutrients are where they should be thats why its more effective.............and what nutrients are enhanced by cooking as heat kills

Not you mate, on such threads normally someone comes out with the don't mix, chestnut.