before the bull

Just wondered what was the best cross for the bigger stuff before the bullx came into fashion, also why are beddy crosses barely mentiond on fox topics?? Atb samstorm

Think were a fair few crosses back in the day that were game enough and strong enough to take bigger stuff and stuff that bites back, old line bred beddie grey , deergrey,collie grey stuff were as game as they come, and didnt mind taking a bite, but were less prone to getting stick due to how they went about there job.

There will still be lurchers taking stuff regular in style with no bull blood in them, just because there not on the internet talking about it doesnt mean they arent about.

Bull blood has deffo put some spunk back into the lurcher gene pool, as good blood has fizzeled out,, iam not much for straight bull xs but i think a bit of the blood goes a long way and can put fire back in the belly of some type of lurchers,, too much though and you will loose wind and get a animal prone to getting knocked up.

I know a few that run stright bull x and they have to keep 2 or 3 as one is always knocked up,, and they do lack wind if the land warrants it,, its all good really i just think you need to get the breeding wright as everyne i know is more or less a one trick pony,,,,, different tools for different jobs and all that.

because people put up topics like "whats the point in beddy whippets" so i dont bother anymore.

Nothing wrong with a good little beddie whippet mate,, i dare say some of the older blood beddy stuff was game as hell,, so if they threw the wright way in a whippet or grey mating then i dare say they would tackel a red coat with pleasure, its just finding proper game working stock today that throws a spanner in the works.

Lets face it mate if you into that kind of thing then a beddi whippet aint gonna be you first coice TODAY,, they maywell have done it years back but the whippets were far spunkier back then too,,never mind the beddies.,, the % of sucess rate in the bull x will make them a popular cross which is a major influance as opossed to other crosses for the same job,, other no dogs a machine and plenty will have stashed or jacked,, you can sicken anything if you push it too hard to fast to soon. whether its on rabs, hares, red coats whatever.

My beddy whippet is 22tts I know a lad with a beddy grey bitch same size will pull roe with ease yet on here I get shit sayin mine cud never do it. I think he could same with fox. His time will come and I will prove half the joker on here wrong. Also got told he would never catch hare and av already done that. Lol just cant beat a beddy atb

because people put up topics like "whats the point in beddy whippets" so i dont bother anymore.

Nothing wrong with a good little beddie whippet mate,, i dare say some of the older blood beddy stuff was game as hell,, so if they threw the wright way in a whippet or grey mating then i dare say they would tackel a red coat with pleasure, its just finding proper game working stock today that throws a spanner in the works.

Lets face it mate if you into that kind of thing then a beddi whippet aint gonna be you first coice TODAY,, they maywell have done it years back but the whippets were far spunkier back then too,,never mind the beddies.,, the % of sucess rate in the bull x will make them a popular cross which is a major influance as opossed to other crosses for the same job,, other no dogs a machine and plenty will have stashed or jacked,, you can sicken anything if you push it too hard to fast to soon. whether its on rabs, hares, red coats whatever.

I think. Your right about old stuff but. There are likely a few kicking about!

I think. Your right about old stuff but. There are likely a few kicking about!

I bet there is mate,, its just some folk wont swallow it,,:thumbs: .

Just wondered what was the best cross for the bigger stuff before the bullx came into fashion, also why are beddy crosses barely mentiond on fox topics?? Atb samstorm

i think beddy's with the right bottle are harder to find these days, worked a first cross beddy grey in the past and she could draw with any strong dogs we had,but she lacked pace and never throw pups with anything near the same ability,,personally i prefare a dog with a bit of weight if im considering big stuff,,

i no a kid with a 3/8 5/8 colli cross always told me the dog was sh1t hot and every time it got sliped on stuff it was shit he always wonted to buy my whippet cross off me as he was ther when she took a hear off the lamp at 12 month old and he said he only bought good dogs he also seen my half cross and my whippet cross take the red stuff and wonted to buy my half cross as well till it bit him for waveing a hear in its face

Over the years every size,shape and breeding did the job at the sharp end,some better than others,the biggest drawback these types have now is they maybe don,t look the part when held on a lead,which to some,is a more important factor in their choice of dog.

• Like 2