new bits to try

on one of our permissions, Ive been fighting a losing battle against crows, have tried a few different decoying ideas, crow deeks, fox deek and owl decoy, NOT A SAUSAGE :wallbash:

well, not one for giving up, had a read on the crowbusters site, and they said, if using an owl decoy, better results were to be had if crow decoys were used in conjunction, lofted into the tree's higher than the owl,

well seems a good idea, but did'nt want to shell out on lofting hooks, so made my own out of 6mm threaded rod, the crows/magpie are then held in place with a locking nut either side (top & bottom)

they work really good on the washing line, so hopefully will look just as good in a tree

had planned to go out this morning, but constant rain put paid to that idea, but dry weather is forcast for tomorrow, so will be out then checking the idea out

Image0431.jpg

my second plan/idea to try out, is video footage, not a new idea, but a couple of years back, I bought an outdoor action camera, without a memory card, and its lived in the cupboard all this time, until the other night when I realised the spare card I bought for our hand held cam would fit :thumbs:

it gives 2hrs of video and sound recording, and an assortment of fixing brackets in the camera box, now means its fixed to the side of the semi, for a try out on the crows, being shockproof should mean it'll be ok with any kick on the gun, so fingers crossed the deeks work and I can get some decent footage,

Image0436.jpg

Image0437.jpg

Image0438.jpg

hi there,

with the owl decoy set up it helps alot if you can master the "crow caller". i am pretty sure that the crow busters web site has calls on it one of which is the "fighting call". it works well if you can do it. the crows love a good scrap so can come steaming in sometimes! all wound up and ready for a suprise.

good luck regards P