lurchers and coyotes

Tom you have any terriers left?

no ,, my last russel died of old age 12 years old blind from my breeding . the dogs before were sick with .. this summer

blindnes and all,,,,,, grip and forgot ,,, gype.. makes blind terreirs

the others raccoon para.

sold them ..

i brough red fells over the pond ..

the ones the=at bay . i sold them off. only one went to a hunters breeding home

the bulls sold to farmers and only 4 got good homes ,,hunters

my whippet greyhound bull luchers get ripped badly . sold

my russels well after all those commercials on tv , only pet people phoning so sold them all off.

I have bear and dagger

dagger the bluetick hound . thats it . i brought in blueticks and now we have 20 blue hounds in the large area and more comimng. from my breeding and some one elses bluetick male ,,

How about you ....

deer grey lurcher ?does juan still have them??

Edited by thomas h

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you only have any interest in things which could directly affect your life? Thats pretty f*****g sad mate.

It's very possible. I can think of a few dogs right now that I believe could do it. A coyote is not a "killer" really. They just want to get away for the most part so dont believe these hand jobs o

I know what your'e saying dwolf: shooting something from a very safe distance when the animal doesn't even know you are there seems low down and cheating. I know that in cases of pest control it is o

Posted Images

eddie chapman has bred some quality russells. :thumbs:

well after breeding the two on the right dagger and marg , then eddies terrier ,,well all the terreirs were good hunters after that breeding . hunt all day with little damage ,,real bayers..

the eddie terrier bred by eddie was $3000 after importing ,, I bought that terrrier for $500 from a lady

Edited by thomas h

just large foxes ???..MAYBE VERY LARGE FOXES

this is my pic i sent to earthdog running dog mag.no 24

there are raccoons foxs and a bush wolf these without dogs by myself a few hours a day over a 4 day period,,,,, my nammmes there lads thomas _________

nice thomas. what was the technique? dogs?

shotgun or rifle?

how many hounds do you run on the coyotes? do you drive the farms until they hit hot scent or just drop them in a likely area? tracking collars?

i like those plotts. i know a guy who runs a brace for racoon & bobcat & a few times they've gone for deer behind their pens, before he has them collared,lol. he gets si p'oe'd. it was all night once, lol.

ever x the hounds w/any terriers?

those bears tear up a lot of dogs? it must be wild running them in those jungle forest.

cheers & thanks,

( those turkish dogs look scary, we should use them in afganistan as flushing dogs. )

cheers,

aaron, thanks. that tolling sounds wild.

10 gauge sp10 remington autoloader .

7shots on the running running coyote. hit it at 150 yards . i reloaded my shells .i hurt my shoulder after shooting so many hundreds of shells and the weight of this gun..LOL

and 2 foxes running from the yote in the feild . but the yote just entered the bush and not chasing the foxes

we have many dogs in trucks waiting .

we believe in fair chase .sometimes letting the young pup run the coyote till the end ..hours

TRCKING COLLARS and a radio sometimes cb and sometimes ...where the heck are you guys with the telephone .. the yote may be 3 miles away or more ..fun.

maybe 12 dogs in the trucks and sometimes each hunter dropping dogs in the neubouring bushes and then maybethe most 8 dogs running different yotes in all directions . always different ..

bears

the plotts get rought up a bit ..

but the blueticks can bay like unreal.now no spring bear hunt and just hunting around here ..

the guys on your side,,usa,, have the real info. they run a lot more bear.check them out on the usa forums

plotts kill almost anything they can. tough hound ,, my buddy s plotts have the papers . nice

but raccoons are a joke with these if there is anything left ,,LOL,,,

the big thing is chasing deer with the hounnds .. the forest is real large and ther e is almost noway tto get one otherwise ..apples and corn bait works well without dogs ..

nice tolking to ya tom

10 gauge, lol, classic, the ole blunderbust, good stuff Thomas. I appreciate the hound hunting explanation, thank you. that sounds like an absolute rip, never done it except for racoons & deer in the south. that must be a fun, fun day. i've concluded it's very tough here w/out hounds & a group. we've popped several out over time, but some close, no hope though in cover & a bunch several hundred yds away w/all 3 dogs still in the bush...couple sh**te deals but no major players, but i have to travel to hunt them,,..the forest ones are tough to call in close enough for dogs...very cautious. We still play though occasionally. Canada is amazing, the game there is incredible. I've fished tons of lodges up there & can't get enough, french river, 1000 islands, manitoba, quebec,.lived in alaska, so also hit bc ocasionally depending upon the fish, lol. good stuff, my family has been going up for over 50 yrs...started in whitney, outside algonquin. if you ever want to visit my buddy's preserve, pm me, it's near north bay, but on the other side. don't hold it against them. best dancers in namerica like you say. bears & hounds? not on the neast side of the border, great lakes i believe. dog hunters are totally discriminated against in the northeast of usa, -the south,west & parts still have tradition & hope, but neast, etc...but in me, nh, vt it's okay. hear ya about those hounds & forests, that's some of the thickest shiite ever seen up around algonquin, 20 ft into that bush & you don't know which end is up, & that's w/out the blackflies biting, lol.

cheers bud,

is that your dog in icon? nice pup.

what's your best bear hunting story ( wherever ) ?

cheers,

an article i thought some outside would enjoy :

http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/library/newsletters/Furbearer/2010%20Fall%20Furbearer%20Newsletter.pdf

nice pics stuntman.

Edited by dwolf

there was a video on youtube acouple of years back of an american bulldog killing two coyotes so i think a staffordshire bull terrier would be able to take one.

How'd they catch it ? Was it denned ? No staffy alive is going to run down a coyote. Period

the video i was talking about the ambull was fighting with the coyotes in a field, as for the staff i didnt say "run down" :thumbs:

Edited by judge2010

10 gauge, lol, classic, the ole blunderbust, good stuff Thomas. I appreciate the hound hunting explanation, thank you. that sounds like an absolute rip, never done it except for racoons & deer in the south. that must be a fun, fun day. i've concluded it's very tough here w/out hounds & a group. we've popped several out over time, but some close, no hope though in cover & a bunch several hundred yds away w/all 3 dogs still in the bush...couple sh**te deals but no major players, but i have to travel to hunt them,,..the forest ones are tough to call in close enough for dogs...very cautious. We still play though occasionally. Canada is amazing, the game there is incredible. I've fished tons of lodges up there & can't get enough, french river, 1000 islands, manitoba, quebec,.lived in alaska, so also hit bc ocasionally depending upon the fish, lol. good stuff, my family has been going up for over 50 yrs...started in whitney, outside algonquin. if you ever want to visit my buddy's preserve, pm me, it's near north bay, but on the other side. don't hold it against them. best dancers in namerica like you say. bears & hounds? not on the neast side of the border, great lakes i believe. dog hunters are totally discriminated against in the northeast of usa, -the south,west & parts still have tradition & hope, but neast, etc...i hear ya about those hounds & forests, that's some of the thickest shiite ever seen up around algonquin, 20 ft into that bush & you don't know which end is up, & that's w/out the blackflies biting, lol.

cheers bud,

is that your dog in icon? nice pup.

what's your best bear hunting story ( wherever ) ?

cheers,

an article i thought some outside would enjoy :

http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/library/newsletters/Furbearer/2010%20Fall%20Furbearer%20Newsletter.pdf

nice pics stuntman.

thats my dog named BEAR ..but he is a house dog .my daughter will never talk to me again if i bring Bear hunting ..not one scratch I have been warned .

I may get the death sentence from her ..bear is like tiger on wini the pooh .bouncy bouncy bounce .. lol

i am just some poor sap guy with no money for that invite ,,,thanks anyway

DAUGHTER IS 19 years going on 45

the gauge was good but remington auto loader breaks

both 10 gauges here are broken .

we always keep a dog on a lead or truck as backup ..

not much with bear hunting really just wanted those hounds .bear hounds

fishing did it done lots ..finished with fishing

the musky fishing is wprld class .just 30 minutes from my house ,,.thats like 40pounds for a nice one ..

on the ottawa river throw time i seen sturgeon spawing under the canoe .they were like scary,,so long and the width was half that of the canoe ..and lots of them .. they were acting like the carp .carp here anice one is 22 pounds and up .. 20 30 minute fight

up the river I seen needle nose pike in the spawning beds ....like a gar pike but with a super long nose .they float like a log .small ones 4' to 6'. and the longer ones are 10

and up in size ..most larger ones there were 12 to 15 '

longer then the 12 ' boat i had then ..I tried to find them on the net for a link but just found minnows of long nosed pike maybe a few feet long not worth looking at

so neet to have seen ...

what a wonnderful country i live in ..wow for nature..nice

and the french ladies so naturally beautiful

i may start a post

CAN A MUSKY EAT A SWIMMING YOTE.....LOL LOL hehehe

but i guess i would have to post that under the fishing forums under the subsection ...

WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR ///\\\ FISH lololol,,he he

Edited by thomas h

there was a video on youtube acouple of years back of an american bulldog killing two coyotes so i think a staffordshire bull terrier would be able to take one.

How'd they catch it ? Was it denned ? No staffy alive is going to run down a coyote. Period

the video i was talking about the ambull was fighting with the coyotes in a field, as for the staff i didnt say "run down" :thumbs:

Ahhh...so,say, having one as a kill dog ,per se . I've heard of the old timers using a kill dog when they ran pure greyhounds. It was usually a pit,ambull, or airedale if memory serves. In fact, not long after I brough my two Airedales home I was outside tending my garden while my neighbor was outside, my 'Dales were dicking off by his fence. He went "Holy shit ! Those are Airedales ! " and then he told me stories of his grandfather in the 30's using Airedales with his greyhounds as "killdogs" .

Now most guys that use coyote dogs (fast dogs) want one that can make the catch and go ahead and handle business.

Ahhh...so,say, having one as a kill dog ,per se . I've heard of the old timers using a kill dog when they ran pure greyhounds. It was usually a pit,ambull, or airedale if memory serves. In fact, not long after I brough my two Airedales home I was outside tending my garden while my neighbor was outside, my 'Dales were dicking off by his fence. He went "Holy shit ! Those are Airedales ! " and then he told me stories of his grandfather in the 30's using Airedales with his greyhounds as "killdogs" .

Now most guys that use coyote dogs (fast dogs) want one that can make the catch and go ahead and handle business.

thanks for the reply, i've also seen pictures of airedales on coyotes. :thumbs:

thats my dog named BEAR ..but he is a house dog .my daughter will never talk to me again if i bring Bear hunting ..not one scratch I have been warned .

I may get the death sentence from her ..bear is like tiger on wini the pooh .bouncy bouncy bounce .. lol

i am just some poor sap guy with no money for that invite ,,,thanks anyway

DAUGHTER IS 19 years going on 45

the gauge was good but remington auto loader breaks

both 10 gauges here are broken .

we always keep a dog on a lead or truck as backup ..

not much with bear hunting really just wanted those hounds .bear hounds

fishing did it done lots ..finished with fishing

the musky fishing is wprld class .just 30 minutes from my house ,,.thats like 40pounds for a nice one ..

on the ottawa river throw time i seen sturgeon spawing under the canoe .they were like scary,,so long and the width was half that of the canoe ..and lots of them .. they were acting like the carp .carp here anice one is 22 pounds and up .. 20 30 minute fight

up the river I seen needle nose pike in the spawning beds ....like a gar pike but with a super long nose .they float like a log .small ones 4' to 6'. and the longer ones are 10

and up in size ..most larger ones there were 12 to 15 '

longer then the 12 ' boat i had then ..I tried to find them on the net for a link but just found minnows of long nosed pike maybe a few feet long not worth looking at

so neet to have seen ...

what a wonnderful country i live in ..wow for nature..nice

and the french ladies so naturally beautiful

i may start a post

CAN A MUSKY EAT A SWIMMING YOTE.....LOL LOL hehehe

but i guess i would have to post that under the fishing forums under the subsection ...

WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR ///\\\ FISH lololol,,he he

good stuff thomas. the fishing up there is amazing.

you are lucky to be so close to the ottawa river- legendary.

the biggest muskie i've seen caught was near Deep River, Ont- beautiful & incredible water.

i like the lakers & smallies mostly., & pike, brookies, etc., lol.

you should start a thread over in fishing, those guys would love it &

they are serious pike fanatics over there, biigg ones too.

one my fav stories is from french river & basically last cast of the day & our large indian guide nails a giant catfish on a plug, lol. i never even thought they lived there, lol. i thought it was a nice pike 1st, but anyhow he was going off, all sorts of excited, & we were like yea, nice one buddy, congrats & he was like no, you don't understand....he was going to get laid somehow by bartering this catfish,...obviously some chickadee squaw loved catfish up there, lol.

muskies & yotes, lol. a guy got busted using a kitten as muskie bait here a while back, big trouble, lol....

you know it worked too, he was avid...

so a coyote pup,??? LOL...

cheers,

sweet pup.

Edited by dwolf
  • 3 weeks later...

these are boz shepherd dogs from turkey used to hunt wolves and bears.

These are like them kangol dogs you see the iraquis with

thats what i thought :thumbs: , x one of them with greyhound that would be a big strong bugger+fast+tough.!!

Have seen it done... no good... Trying to make dogs for wolfs in Idaho.. Might be better at 1/4...

unless you are going to attemt it, why ask?

its not like you are going to bump into a coyote whils out lamping..............

do you think a lurcher will pull a silverback??............does it matter?! you wont come across 1 whils out with the dog

:doh:

Iv bumped into a few silver backs whilst out lamping. normally moaning and shouting get of o my land lol