lurchers and coyotes

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you only have any interest in things which could directly affect your life? Thats pretty f*****g sad mate.

It's very possible. I can think of a few dogs right now that I believe could do it. A coyote is not a "killer" really. They just want to get away for the most part so dont believe these hand jobs o

I know what your'e saying dwolf: shooting something from a very safe distance when the animal doesn't even know you are there seems low down and cheating. I know that in cases of pest control it is o

Posted Images

This thread is crackin my ass up.

Why?? there's some genuine people on here :whistling:

Ya and I'm a nigger baptist preacher.

Well howdy doody reverand leroy :laugh: oh praise the lord I can walk :laugh:

Edited by mushroom

just large foxes ???..MAYBE VERY LARGE FOXES

this is my pic i sent to earthdog running dog mag.no 24

there are raccoons foxs and a bush wolf these without dogs by myself a few hours a day over a 4 day period,,,,, my nammmes there lads thomas _________

nice thomas. what was the technique? dogs?

shotgun or rifle?

how many hounds do you run on the coyotes? do you drive the farms until they hit hot scent or just drop them in a likely area? tracking collars?

i like those plotts. i know a guy who runs a brace for racoon & bobcat & a few times they've gone for deer behind their pens, before he has them collared,lol. he gets si p'oe'd. it was all night once, lol.

ever x the hounds w/any terriers?

those bears tear up a lot of dogs? it must be wild running them in those jungle forest.

cheers & thanks,

( those turkish dogs look scary, we should use them in afganistan as flushing dogs. )

cheers,

aaron, thanks. that tolling sounds wild.

10 gauge sp10 remington autoloader .

7shots on the running running coyote. hit it at 150 yards . i reloaded my shells .i hurt my shoulder after shooting so many hundreds of shells and the weight of this gun..LOL

and 2 foxes running from the yote in the feild . but the yote just entered the bush and not chasing the foxes

we have many dogs in trucks waiting .

we believe in fair chase .sometimes letting the young pup run the coyote till the end ..hours

TRCKING COLLARS and a radio sometimes cb and sometimes ...where the heck are you guys with the telephone .. the yote may be 3 miles away or more ..fun.

maybe 12 dogs in the trucks and sometimes each hunter dropping dogs in the neubouring bushes and then maybethe most 8 dogs running different yotes in all directions . always different ..

bears

the plotts get rought up a bit ..

but the blueticks can bay like unreal.now no spring bear hunt and just hunting around here ..

the guys on your side,,usa,, have the real info. they run a lot more bear.check them out on the usa forums

plotts kill almost anything they can. tough hound ,, my buddy s plotts have the papers . nice

but raccoons are a joke with these if there is anything left ,,LOL,,,

the big thing is chasing deer with the hounnds .. the forest is real large and ther e is almost noway tto get one otherwise ..apples and corn bait works well without dogs ..

nice tolking to ya tom

Edited by thomas h

Getting back on topic.... Of course a Lurcher will kill a coyote; aren't Coyote Dogs, Roo dogs , Staghounds, etc, just Lurchers, (albeit bred for the job), anyway ?

Cheers.

yes for lurches in the right area to run and get into your truck with dogs ready to run with trap doors and coyotes are dead ducks .coyote

if they cannot catch it, buy dogs that can.

twenty years ago in the usa there were lurchers that could do the job .not sure what became of them.

or the hunters

TL-They are right here , but they really couldnt do the job I found out later :blink:

032008002.jpg

Is this you->

shawnspics159.jpg

I gave you two mali/gh x's right?

That was aloooooong time ago,and I hunted even had one of those GF lurchers from Juan Rico Suave.

My thoughts are with your wife for afull recovery.

Back to the topic-coyotes and lurchers

Stags are the only K9's around made for that job on a daily pace.

Stags are LURCHERS and or LONGDOGS as someone said just bred for the job. {most of the time not} ha ha ha

All this bullshit about wolves is just that bullshit. Remeber the game when you played when you were a kid and Dan not the one were the gym teacher took you temp with his finger :thumbs: the one that you whisper in the kids ear next to you and it would go around in a circle and it would be somthing different than what you started? Thats the same with the WWW. Some one puts a pic up of medapausle woman an a wolf next thing you know that wolf raped a teller at the bank....Were much smarter that that right? :blink:

Getting back on topic.... Of course a Lurcher will kill a coyote; aren't Coyote Dogs, Roo dogs , Staghounds, etc, just Lurchers, (albeit bred for the job), anyway ?

Cheers.

yes for lurches in the right area to run and get into your truck with dogs ready to run with trap doors and coyotes are dead ducks .coyote

twenty years ago in the usa there were lurchers that could do the job .not sure what became of them.

or the hunters

TL-They are right here , but they really couldnt do the job I found out later :blink:

032008002.jpg

Is this you->

shawnspics159.jpg

That was aloooooong time ago,and I hunted even had one of those GF lurchers from Juan Rico Suave.

Stags are LURCHERS and or LONGDOGS as someone said just bred for the job. {most of the time not} ha ha ha

All this bullshit about wolves is just that bullshit. Remeber the game when you played when you were a kid and Dan not the one were the gym teacher took you temp with his finger :thumbs: the one that you whisper in the kids ear next to you and it would go around in a circle and it would be somthing different than what you started? Thats the same with the WWW. Some one puts a pic up of medapausle woman an a wolf next thing you know that wolf raped a teller at the bank....Were much smarter that that right? :blink:

Hey stuntman would that be malinois or malamute?????? :thumbs:

Cheers.

or the hunters

032008002.jpg

Is this you->

shawnspics159.jpg

these are boz shepherd dogs from turkey used to hunt wolves and bears.

Aye but they are used to hunt a totally different kind of wolf. The eurasian wolf is not that big or that bad, more like the coyote. The canadian / timber wolf would just eat those dogs. :thumbs:

hi I should have Known STUNTMAN. I am thinking about lurchers again .. my wife wants a saluki .but i can only have one more dog.

the hounds killed only 3 yotes wait no more then that but not many . thats when we had lost or got caught up following other dogs .

but my dog blaze killed one by herself after she ran to town and ran where people walk their dogs . I got a phone call from someone walking in the park '..blood everywher he said and yote looks dead .

so now the dogs over at ridge road ok .scared now for a fine ..well there blaze was walking with a young child and their family playing ..not a mark on her ,and a dead yote .i could not find it ..

blaze was bear huntign before i got her ..she's a breeding bitch now at 8 years old and i gave her away..

hi. wow. if anyone knows you know about them lurchers ..you do in the usa. ,,stags ..is that what dogs they use for yotes that you told me about ..

thanks

well thats me .. but my face has turned white ,,lol

the fox have died out and the yotes are taking over .. were getting about 50 yotes a year.

but we should be getting more as they are really taking over .

after you left that spring we added up all the foxes killed between the shooters,, us and a farmer was poisoning them ,,there were 150 foxes killed in that small area ..

got my trophy deer, 236lbs 14 points with out the dogs ,,the neck was 32 inches like a belt . ,pushed through that bush where gilbert shot that yote when you were here.i often think of you and your freind ..

the lurchers you gave me ..well you should have kept the good one ..

I should have kept him , I gave him away to a freind near toronto..the other one well. not too good . we knew and you told me ..i had to give him a good dog ..

He used him for yotes .. he put a spikes nails 2 inches long in the collar .he ran SHADOW after them yotes after the hounds pushed a yote out of cover ..

shadow would keep the yote from running,but could not really kill the yote but did grab it good a few times for the hounds,,,, and men to shoot it.

I bred a pit to a import bull lurcher ,But life went sour for me and i sold my houselot beside me and gave away everything . one pit lurcher pup was taken back for the service .. we tested the litter at 4 weeks old and i think he took the best one ..not sure what happen to that male dog ..golden brown smooth ..

Shadow was a great dog .but die well chasing a cat across the road .. that man was destoried at that moment . fell in love with that dog .. congrats on that breeding ..

Edited by thomas h

hi stunt man i forgot about lawrence 's hounds

I was thinking of the dogs lately .. but one of the hunters is in his last year of hunting ,bad heart hunt til you cannot moto

.. he had a hound that wanted and did kill yotes and got tore up ''big mean hound dog ''

and stays in the dog house to recover while the rest of the dogs are hunting not too good .

hey guys

remember the yote often stops in the feild and the dog just stands and bayes somtimes .., but yote does not run ,just standing looking around sometimes for an hour ,, always different

hey all

ayote here? more teeth then mass.my female blaze weight is 80lbs about BLAZE IN HER PRIME IS FASTER THEN A YOTE ,,THE YOTE DOdGERS AROUND OR IT WILL GET BIT and if the yote stops then well maybe standing around time ..goto walk to them sometimes .. remember different almost everytyime with yotes whats going to happen..

under all that yote fur there is only a very skinny dog YOTE ..

.are the yotes starving or full of christmas turkey all factored in,,is the yote 10 months old ?????

is the yote an old male with 1 3/4 inch long teeth.as on STans jad,,,, yote head mount an d most hounds will not go near that or its a face off for a bit , then the yote may move its always different

Edited by thomas h

nice russells thomas :thumbs:

thank you

thats dagger then magerite not sure maybe eddy chapmans bred jack russel named JACK then jilly and daughter digger ,

jilly the run in circles all day dog no hunting just runs in circles

the best is digger jillys daughter ,hunt all day.. stay almost forever ,, i had a tent in the truck so you know .bay and never get hurt until hunting with silly people. basiccall killed her .. bunch of dumbys

dagger the remote control dog so trained it was unreal.

marg the crazy . i not hunting till i am 5 years old ,,took over diggers job.she bred USA national show champions with dagger and some dog in the states but she gave bad looking teeth ,,imbred,so the pups were showy until the teeth grew in,

Edited by thomas h