lurchers and coyotes

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you only have any interest in things which could directly affect your life? Thats pretty f*****g sad mate.

It's very possible. I can think of a few dogs right now that I believe could do it. A coyote is not a "killer" really. They just want to get away for the most part so dont believe these hand jobs o

I know what your'e saying dwolf: shooting something from a very safe distance when the animal doesn't even know you are there seems low down and cheating. I know that in cases of pest control it is o

Posted Images

I like the bear thing

I have a knife specially made to kill abear.. her,the knife's ,name is FLO.lol

now i just hunt yotes

full of bears just north. no more spring bear hunt here ..you can run and get one per day . if baited in the summer with chocolate . Bears addicted to chocolate ..lol

wow what a dog ..

wow

I weigh 148 pounds ..so that means that i fly behind that . i just need small wings and hold on,,..lol so impressive

that dog looks like it could tree a wolf...LOL

Edited by thomas h

The fact remains that those of use who live in countries where wolves are now extinct, probably have this wild and romantic image of these animals; an image fostered by countless wildlife programmes on TV. I guess I'd feel completely differently about them if they were killing my dogs or hanging around my home. There's always two sides to every story.

Very well said...

Coyotes...

Like many here I dearly love 'em . Something would be missing if I didn't hear them in a crescendo everytime a train passes near my house or taunting my dogs from near-by pastures with their yips and barks. They are a part of my world. It's when they go unchecked that they become a problem and I do my part to make sure that doesn't happen.

I love to call 'em,love to chase 'em....and about the time you got them figured out;they change the game. Right now I am calling them using 'tolling' dogs.I get 'em so close, and then let the dogs take-over and bring 'em in.Fascinating to see. I also love a good high speed chase...once I get back from military obligations,my kennels will be re-stocked with fast dogs.

AS far as they're fighting ability using Labs as the thread starter....a Lab is no match for a coyote.I love my Labs ( have 2) and one has tied into coyotes twice,both times he got his ass handed to him. That's not what he's bred to do and that's not why I have them. I have them so I don't have to swim out nto 32 degree water to fetch a scrumptious goose.

However,I do own dogs that have/and can handle coyotes .I have had a fast dog that can one on one one (especially who now contracts for the USDA) and two Airedales who surprised me by pulling a coyote out of his den and offing him quite handidly.I didn't really get 'em as denning dogs....but maybe their's something there. After all ,they're still pups.But with anything having to do with coyotes...write your plan in oencil cause it's sure to change.

ATB

• Like 1

Coyotes...

Like many here I dearly love 'em . Something would be missing if I didn't hear them in a crescendo everytime a train passes near my house or taunting my dogs from near-by pastures with their yips and barks. They are a part of my world. It's when they go unchecked that they become a problem and I do my part to make sure that doesn't happen.

I love to call 'em,love to chase 'em....and about the time you got them figured out;they change the game. Right now I am calling them using 'tolling' dogs.I get 'em so close, and then let the dogs take-over and bring 'em in.Fascinating to see. I also love a good high speed chase...once I get back from military obligations,my kennels will be re-stocked with fast dogs.

AS far as they're fighting ability using Labs as the thread starter....a Lab is no match for a coyote.I love my Labs ( have 2) and one has tied into coyotes twice,both times he got his ass handed to him. That's not what he's bred to do and that's not why I have them. I have them so I don't have to swim out nto 32 degree water to fetch a scrumptious goose.

However,I do own dogs that have/and can handle coyotes .I have had a fast dog that can one on one one (especially who now contracts for the USDA) and two Airedales who surprised me by pulling a coyote out of his den and offing him quite handidly.I didn't really get 'em as denning dogs....but maybe their's something there. After all ,they're still pups.But with anything having to do with coyotes...write your plan in oencil cause it's sure to change.

thanks for the reply mate, :thumbs:

would a coyote be a match for a staffordshire bull terrier?

[

Which one ,mate ? Say you have 5 bull terriers....4 might not make it, but that one might just have the acrobatics and drive and desire to pull it off.

I say this with nothing against UK dogs.......please understand that. What I am working with is straight out of the UK. However,my friend, the game changes on NA soil.Even for us. Cheers.

these are boz shepherd dogs from turkey used to hunt wolves and bears.

These are like them kangol dogs you see the iraquis with

thats what i thought :thumbs: , x one of them with greyhound that would be a big strong bugger+fast+tough.!!

join some american forums and check out some strange things .

I like the hunt for mountain lion and the mountain lion was stalking the hunters on mules and horseback and the hounds

the lion attacked the group and the mule throw the rider and killed the mountain lion stomping on it over and over .

pics and all . the hounds sat and watched the mule and lion . .

i've been hunting in africa, we hunted jackal,baboon,caracal and warthog. i missed out by a few weeks on a leopard hunt. they use english foxhounds,rhodesian ridgebacks,boerboels,jack russells and lurchers.

VERY NICE >>>>AFRICA

I had started a few bluetick hound dogs in this area where i live . NIce cold scent hound .

any way some breeder hunters are importing into africa these type dogs for cat or lion .so maybe you will see the bluetick hound dog work.they are bred to the point of running no deer and good quarry only .but here in canada we can chase deer with dogs so a mix with a beardog to a deer dog and back to chasing deer for my buds

the blue tick hound is still a working dog but the pen dogs can ruin your breeding if your not very carefull

.. pen dogs are hounds that run in a fenced area with animals to chase there. prizes money and all that stuff .

they africans like the dark ticked dogs

you ever had any dealings with wolverines?

now thats rare to see,,

NO .

and I have buds that are trappers .

seen badgers on the net in the usa ,,but he is gone to jail,, for terriers and hunting ,,the terriers get ripped up not really allowed , like pit fighting .

I bred a gingerfrench lurcher Coffee a greyhound staff to a pit bull .real pit dog .I mean a real pit ...

nice dogs but you only need one ..LOL,,,LOL.. ,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,thats the toughest dog ever ..period ,,for hunting ..

thomas

pics??

just large foxes ???..MAYBE VERY LARGE FOXES

this is my pic i sent to earthdog running dog mag.no 24

there are raccoons foxs and a bush wolf these without dogs by myself a few hours a day over a 4 day period,,,,, my nammmes there lads thomas _________

nice thomas. what was the technique? dogs?

shotgun or rifle?

how many hounds do you run on the coyotes? do you drive the farms until they hit hot scent or just drop them in a likely area? tracking collars?

i like those plotts. i know a guy who runs a brace for racoon & bobcat & a few times they've gone for deer behind their pens, before he has them collared,lol. he gets si p'oe'd. it was all night once, lol.

ever x the hounds w/any terriers?

those bears tear up a lot of dogs? it must be wild running them in those jungle forest.

cheers & thanks,

( those turkish dogs look scary, we should use them in afganistan as flushing dogs. )

cheers,

aaron, thanks. that tolling sounds wild.

Edited by dwolf