lurchers and coyotes

well

i bred lurchers for taking on coyote,,bush wolf .here in canada .

these are 40 to 50 lbs

now the lurcher can catch a bush wolf in the feilds .but as to killing them.

well they can. just like a hound .

A hound can catch them and sometimes kills them..

there is a lot more going on then you may realize ,.

quit hunting with lurchers but

i flush the bush wolves out of cover with scent hounds ;

and let a lurcher chase it in the feilds .

i gave belgium shepard cross greyhound to a buddy and the dog was fanrtastic but the brother i kept was worse then shit .annd kept running into me at full speed and would knock me off my feet ,

the bulls were ok on yotes .

i shot a yote with a single pellet in going threw the heart and it would not die with out being dispatched .

some yotes are tough and some get scared and seaze up .

sometimes three large hounds cannot kill a bushwolf .and other times

thomas

what about a pure staff (not show type) or even a good EBT?

i've been told the most dangerous thing for dogs to encounter in the american wilderness is the fisher.

T scent hounds sometime chase them . fishers climb a tree .and their pelt is worth big money,, hundred $ or more each..

put a terrier in a hole skunk den by mistake and your terreir might be dead from the spray in their face and foam starts coming out of its mouth and nose .but if you slowly bring your terreir to skunk ,, the terrier becomes amuned to thje spray .

dangerous animals here . but I think about AFRICA

THE GREY WOLF ..

IT WILL EAT YOU

,AND THE DOG IS A SKULL AND BACKBONE IN HOURS

A MEAN BEAR WILL RIPP YOU TO PEICES .AND THE BEAR DOGS WELL .

A SMALL MUSKRAT WILL RIP YOUR TERRIERS HIDE EASILY AND A BIG VET BILL FOR STITCHES

I second timber wolf. It's a constant fear up north these days.

ATB

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you only have any interest in things which could directly affect your life? Thats pretty f*****g sad mate.

It's very possible. I can think of a few dogs right now that I believe could do it. A coyote is not a "killer" really. They just want to get away for the most part so dont believe these hand jobs o

I know what your'e saying dwolf: shooting something from a very safe distance when the animal doesn't even know you are there seems low down and cheating. I know that in cases of pest control it is o

Posted Images

hi

I wondered why the authorities would trade for canadian timber wolves .

thats nuts ... and how big are your largest timber wolves ??150 pounds and up.

they could have asked for a more reasonable size predator.. Like canadian Hunters !!!!!LOLOLO and a HEHE

tom

Getting back on topic.... Of course a Lurcher will kill a coyote; aren't Coyote Dogs, Roo dogs , Staghounds, etc, just Lurchers, (albeit bred for the job), anyway ?

Cheers.

yes for lurches in the right area to run and get into your truck with dogs ready to run with trap doors and coyotes are dead ducks .coyote

if they cannot catch it, buy dogs that can.

twenty years ago in the usa there were lurchers that could do the job .not sure what became of them.

or the hunters

Edited by thomas h

do you recon a lurcher from over here could take a coyote like a big bull x or something

I have no doubt some of them could.

We'll find out one day if Trevor can have a butchers mate :thumbs: that's if my invite still stands :laugh: :laugh: cannae wait to show you boys how to drink :laugh:

catches its 1st rabbit now its a yote dog,you want to try STOP drinking dude :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

My most knowledgeable capitulator :kiss: wind thy neck in if he does it he does if he don't he don't but no harm in trying plus meeting a few colonials while I'm there for bevies can't be all bad.

Plus we all know that rabbits are the hardest of all quarry ask any Frenchman

écouter mon compatriote midget peu, vous raser votre voix à ce chien et il crie alors laisser un coyote ont un aller à elle va tout simplement d'avoir les Américains dans des crises de fou rire .. acheter votre auto d'une lampe au lieu d'une pinte et obtenir de lui prêt

Look ya cheese eatin surrender monkey he dosen't scream any more unlike you when ze Germans appear on the horizon

bon travail, puis, nows tout ce que vous devez faire est de sortir le chien dans la fielod où il apprendra, au lieu de l'arrimage à l'avant d'un ordinateur pc en espérant qu'il deviendra un chasseur ordinateur comme vous-même .. tous les meilleurs ze Français

do you recon a lurcher from over here could take a coyote like a big bull x or something

We'll find out one day if Trevor can have a butchers mate :thumbs: that's if my invite still stands :laugh: :laugh: cannae wait to show you boys how to drink :laugh:

catches its 1st rabbit now its a yote dog,you want to try STOP drinking dude :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

My most knowledgeable capitulator :kiss: wind thy neck in if he does it he does if he don't he don't but no harm in trying plus meeting a few colonials while I'm there for bevies can't be all bad.

écouter mon compatriote midget peu, vous raser votre voix à ce chien et il crie alors laisser un coyote ont un aller à elle va tout simplement d'avoir les Américains dans des crises de fou rire .. acheter votre auto d'une lampe au lieu d'une pinte et obtenir de lui prêt

Look ya cheese eatin surrender monkey he dosen't scream any more unlike you when ze Germans appear on the horizon

bon travail, puis, nows tout ce que vous devez faire est de sortir le chien dans la fielod où il apprendra, au lieu de l'arrimage à l'avant d'un ordinateur pc en espérant qu'il deviendra un chasseur ordinateur comme vous-même .. tous les meilleurs ze Français

internet hunter lol lol lol wish I was then I wouldn't have to mooch the fields at all hours instead I could be mating and peddling pups

for hard currrency you know proper money not that crappy shite they use in cheeseland :kiss: :laugh:

internet hunter lol lol lol wish I was then I wouldn't have to mooch the fields at all hours instead I could be mating and peddling pups

for hard currrency you know proper money not that crappy shite they use in cheeseland :kiss: :laugh:

vous ne pouvez pas faire beaucoup mooching dans le noir avec une lampe de poche ... et de laisser votre chien à ongles un paquet de frys langoustines dans le boozer n'est pas une forme d'entrer dans un lévrier de vivre une carrière .. rester hors de la drogue .. choisir la vie

there must be some place an people willing to take people hunting out their for them coyotes like boys in oz for boar would be a big thing :thumbs:

There are mate but lets face it nobody is going to invite someone to travel thousands of miles to stay at their home without at least getting to know them first or having some form of reference first

There are mate but lets face it nobody is going to invite someone to travel thousands of miles to stay at their home without at least getting to know them first or having some form of reference first

I might if we could have a long discussion about the merits of abusing a Chicago born actress. :D

there must be some place an people willing to take people hunting out their for them coyotes like boys in oz for boar would be a big thing :thumbs:

sell top lurchers to americans and then

ginger french came to Canada and stayed at my home but no hunting ..

there is a way but .. maybe times have changed .

I bought lurchers and terriers from UK to Canada and they were recordered as have entered North america . thats how I ended up knowing the hunters in the area canada usa. sold some,, gave them away. Not sure but I was thinking about getting another few not sure . because of the laws ..well???and the climate is cold for lurchers ..

Edited by thomas h

hi

they could have asked for a more reasonable size predator.. Like canadian Hunters !!!!!LOLOLO and a HEHE

tom

Very funny.Canadians breed faster than wolves do. We would be over run in no time. lol

ATB

hi

tom

Very funny.Canadians breed faster than wolves do. We would be over run in no time. lol

ATB

keep this under your hat ..lads

well its the french canadian ladies that look so lovely ..

my wife is french ,,,haha and she reads my threads ,,,

that is why no canadians go lamping ,,LOLOLOOL ,,

and we make lamping against the law ...hehe

Also a good trip would be to visit ottawa canada and party and drink and go at the strip joints ..

tom

Edited by thomas h

Never hunted a coyote but have been involved in a few dingo hunts with roodogs in Oz. Personally I wouldn't want a lurcher type to tackle a dingo one on one, not saying it wouldn't win in the end, but it'd be a long and bloody battle with some serious injuries dealt out on both sides.

The two times the dingoes we hunted were killed by the dogs it was 4 dogs on the dingo, game over.

BUT, I think it's cruel, personally. It's not a quick kill. The only reason this happened was cos the dogs got the dingo a very long way from where we were and we were on foot, didn't make it there on time.