lurchers and coyotes

there was a video on youtube acouple of years back of an american bulldog killing two coyotes so i think a staffordshire bull terrier would be able to take one.

How'd they catch it ? Was it denned ? No staffy alive is going to run down a coyote. Period

the video i was talking about the ambull was fighting with the coyotes in a field, as for the staff i didnt say "run down" :thumbs:

Ahhh...so,say, having one as a kill dog ,per se . I've heard of the old timers using a kill dog when they ran pure greyhounds. It was usually a pit,ambull, or airedale if memory serves. In fact, not long after I brough my two Airedales home I was outside tending my garden while my neighbor was outside, my 'Dales were dicking off by his fence. He went "Holy shit ! Those are Airedales ! " and then he told me stories of his grandfather in the 30's using Airedales with his greyhounds as "killdogs" .

Now most guys that use coyote dogs (fast dogs) want one that can make the catch and go ahead and handle business.

Aaron-You know the 30s were the last time Airedales were "kill dogs"... :whistling: I couldnt resist... :icon_redface: Hows your pups coming along?

Take care.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you only have any interest in things which could directly affect your life? Thats pretty f*****g sad mate.

It's very possible. I can think of a few dogs right now that I believe could do it. A coyote is not a "killer" really. They just want to get away for the most part so dont believe these hand jobs o

I know what your'e saying dwolf: shooting something from a very safe distance when the animal doesn't even know you are there seems low down and cheating. I know that in cases of pest control it is o

Posted Images

unless you are going to attemt it, why ask?

its not like you are going to bump into a coyote whils out lamping..............

do you think a lurcher will pull a silverback??............does it matter?! you wont come across 1 whils out with the dog

:doh:

So you only have any interest in things which could directly affect your life? Thats pretty f*****g sad mate.

with working dogs im only interested in the things i can actually work a dog on..........thats how i ment it,

like i said why worry if a dog can do something solo when it aint in the uk......UNLESS YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO ATTEMT IT??

LIKE RUNNING UR DOG SOLO ON A GAZELL IN A DESERT, NEVER COME ACROSS EITHER IN THE UK......SO WHY WORRY ABOUT IT??

Well there are a few Americans on here that might want to know, and to be honest, a 25lb coyote is on the smaller side. 30 is average and 50 is big. And the hell they aren't killers they hunt down domestic dogs for food. I would not even attempt to course a coyote unless I had at least two 60lb hounds. 1 hound might win the fight, but it would likely lose the war.