Magpie and crow decoy

Hi all my name is Denis. I am from Croatia and i am interested in hunting crows and magpies with decoys , Here i have lot magpies but they are very careful , i found this decoys http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3cb3038787 http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27b5ae3905 So what do you think about this decoys does they worth the money given. How to hunt with them ? sorry about language thanks .

Hi there,

If you have lots of magpies and crows on your shooting area, hide from there sight and get just 1.

Recover it's body and set it up as a decoy over a dead and cut open rabbit.

Hide again and watch the rest come in for a free meal.

Si

That's simple Millsy bud.

A randy male magpie will think that a lady magpie is playing with her toy and come in to spy on the show.

When it happens you shoot him.

Lol

Atb

Si

• Like 1

Hi, i have decoyed a few corvids over the years. Firstly you need a place to shoot from that they cannot see you,Ideally is the inside of a vehicle or a dark shed where you can move without being seen. I use a dead squirrel and open the belly and place the carcase in your shooting range. Do not try to lure them too close. Better to have the magpies 30 yards away and relaxed that 20 yards and hyped up. I always leave the magpies a day to feed on the carcase, and often two days., Also worth remembering, have a carcase spare in case a fox nicks your bait carcase during the night. You won't kill huge numbers but the waiting game can sometimes be good fun. Good Hunting JD :thumbs:

or put a vibrating razer in a tin box at the range you want to shoot turn it on and cover it with grass so it cant be seen and watch the mags come in.

???????????????????? lol explain :thumbs:

dont no how it works but a bloke told me about it years ago. they must be attracted to the vibrations.

i used a Gillette Mach3 turbo in a small chocolate box (tin) placed it in the field pulled up some grass and placed it over the tin so it could not be seen (just put a small amount of grass over it)i put it in a field were i had seen them feeding and about 30 min later they started coming in to it at first they stayed in the trees but they soon came down to have a look what the nose was.i think my best in a day was 14 using this technique.

• Like 1