bad accident this morning

Guest stewie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stewie, feeling for you mate...   listen get her to a greyhound vet, or a working dog vets mate... you'll be at paul evans in an hour from your place..... do you need the number?     or just

cheers all ive got to ring the vets at dinner to see if theres any progress and then go and see her at 4.30 this evening. all over a f*****g rabbit

Gutted for you mate.   All I will say is that after my own dogs serious collapse and 3 days in the vets early last year, is that he was never the same, and a working dog with a high prey drive doesn

had the same with my collie cross a few year ago pal .He killed a fox in a stubble field and another one came in so we slipped him again and he ran into a 6 foot deep drain.He could stand up for 6 weeks but after a lot of tlc he was back out on charlie :thumbs:

thanks so much to all of you that replyed it means alot :notworthy: :notworthy: im pleased to say that the vet has given me plenty of positives and there is not one broken bone in her body!!! she is just very sore and really battered and bruised along her spine. he said dogs that have been hit by cars get of lighter so that shows how fast she must of hit the ditch. she walked shakily out of the surgery and went to the toilet by her self which is a good start but i had to lift her in the truck she is feeling really sorry for herself

sundaystroll096.jpg

the vet said she has got to rest for at least a month and then slowly build her fitness up after that but as far as he is concerned she will run as good as new given time. she is dragging her back leg still and cant stand up straight as you can see in these pics

sundaystroll098.jpg

sundaystroll099.jpg

sundaystroll100.jpg

im in no rush to get her back in action, no point in making it worse for her in the future so if she misses the rest of this season then so be it.

so for now shes confined to the sick bay

sundaystroll097.jpg

but id rather a sick dog than a dead one so im keeping positive, thanks all again ill keep you posted on her recovery :victory:

fookin horrible to see her standing like that as she a outgoing confident dog but least she standing get well soon queenie thumbs.gif