bad accident this morning

Guest stewie

Guest stewie

i cant believe im writing this. i took my youngest bitch out for a quick shine about 3 this morning and after seeing nothing else i slipped her on a rabbit on the way back to the van. what should of been a standard run has turned into my worst nightmare. she ran the rabbit well but went over a dip in the field and then all i heard was the most ear piercing scream ever so i ran over to find her fitting in a ditch full of muck and water. i didnt move her just held her head untill the fitting stopped, which seemed like an age and she came to again. i gently lifted her out the ditch and on to the field and she just lay there unable to move. i tried lifting her and she just collapsed. i knew this was time to get her to help urgently so i carried her to the road and carried her the half a mile or so back to the van. i put her in the van and she just slumped down, tried to stand up but couldnt and just gave up there and then, not moving till i got her home. i rang round the 24 hr vets but two never answered the phone and another was busy till 8 so i stayed up with her in the garage untill my vets opened and got her in there straight away. the vet was brilliant, never bothered about me and her being head to toe in muck from out the ditch just concentrated 100% on the bitch and after a full examination he has said its likely she has done spinal damage BUT could also just be severe bruising along her back. we got her walking in the surgery but she kept walking sideways and her legs kept crossing over as she walked. she is still up there now for observation and more tests i just pray to god she will be ok as if this is the end of her career it will be such a shame as she was coming on brilliant. ill keep you posted im due some good luck so im hoping it comes in now, she is in good hands all i can do now is wait and hope for the best

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stewie, feeling for you mate...   listen get her to a greyhound vet, or a working dog vets mate... you'll be at paul evans in an hour from your place..... do you need the number?     or just

cheers all ive got to ring the vets at dinner to see if theres any progress and then go and see her at 4.30 this evening. all over a f*****g rabbit

Gutted for you mate.   All I will say is that after my own dogs serious collapse and 3 days in the vets early last year, is that he was never the same, and a working dog with a high prey drive doesn

i cant believe im writing this. i took my youngest bitch out for a quick shine about 3 this morning and after seeing nothing else i slipped her on a rabbit on the way back to the van. what should of been a standard run has turned into my worst nightmare. she ran the rabbit well but went over a dip in the field and then all i heard was the most ear piercing scream ever so i ran over to find her fitting in a ditch full of muck and water. i didnt move her just held her head untill the fitting stopped, which seemed like an age and she came to again. i gently lifted her out the ditch and on to the field and she just lay there unable to move. i tried lifting her and she just collapsed. i knew this was time to get her to help urgently so i carried her to the road and carried her the half a mile or so back to the van. i put her in the van and she just slumped down, tried to stand up but couldnt and just gave up there and then, not moving till i got her home. i rang round the 24 hr vets but two never answered the phone and another was busy till 8 so i stayed up with her in the garage untill my vets opened and got her in there straight away. the vet was brilliant, never bothered about me and her being head to toe in muck from out the ditch just concentrated 100% on the bitch and after a full examination he has said its likely she has done spinal damage BUT could also just be severe bruising along her back. we got her walking in the surgery but she kept walking sideways and her legs kept crossing over as she walked. she is still up there now for observation and more tests i just pray to god she will be ok as if this is the end of her career it will be such a shame as she was coming on brilliant. ill keep you posted im due some good luck so im hoping it comes in now, she is in good hands all i can do now is wait and hope for the best

sorry to hear this hope she comes home ok

i cant believe im writing this. i took my youngest bitch out for a quick shine about 3 this morning and after seeing nothing else i slipped her on a rabbit on the way back to the van. what should of been a standard run has turned into my worst nightmare. she ran the rabbit well but went over a dip in the field and then all i heard was the most ear piercing scream ever so i ran over to find her fitting in a ditch full of muck and water. i didnt move her just held her head untill the fitting stopped, which seemed like an age and she came to again. i gently lifted her out the ditch and on to the field and she just lay there unable to move. i tried lifting her and she just collapsed. i knew this was time to get her to help urgently so i carried her to the road and carried her the half a mile or so back to the van. i put her in the van and she just slumped down, tried to stand up but couldnt and just gave up there and then, not moving till i got her home. i rang round the 24 hr vets but two never answered the phone and another was busy till 8 so i stayed up with her in the garage untill my vets opened and got her in there straight away. the vet was brilliant, never bothered about me and her being head to toe in muck from out the ditch just concentrated 100% on the bitch and after a full examination he has said its likely she has done spinal damage BUT could also just be severe bruising along her back. we got her walking in the surgery but she kept walking sideways and her legs kept crossing over as she walked. she is still up there now for observation and more tests i just pray to god she will be ok as if this is the end of her career it will be such a shame as she was coming on brilliant. ill keep you posted im due some good luck so im hoping it comes in now, she is in good hands all i can do now is wait and hope for the besthope she his ok stewie all the best bunnys.

f**k me stewie mate av me fingers crossed here for you mate :thumbs: need out you no were i am

i thourt my pup broke her neck yesterday,she ran in to a fence fast as f**k and must of bounced back 5 feet

seems ok no tho but a good open cut on her leg :thumbdown:

hope your bitch is sound mate :thumbs: atb jim

:cry:

Gutted for you mate.

All I will say is that after my own dogs serious collapse and 3 days in the vets early last year, is that he was never the same, and a working dog with a high prey drive doesn't make the best of pet dogs. All mine ever did was look for ways to escape.

I was offered the choice at the time and I have to say I wish with hindsight I'd chosen to let him go the night he collapsed, instead I spent over 1000 quid and had the most difficult 10 months I've ever had with a dog.

Best wishes though, hope it works out alright for you.

• Like 1