coursing dogs

yes [bANNED TEXT] she bred outta my bro dog and his bitch hunted with the mother of her for about 3 years a type of bitch that will do a bit of every thing lamping hares at day and get stuck into fox he also got a saluki bred pup of me for next season mossy fancey \a hunt some time pm me

know what you mean over here don't think really need good staying dog because we don't have big fen fields need some that fast tight can stay a bit but must have balls because lot ditches gates fence over here but most off all need dog that has good strike seen many dog run 4 mins but never have the mouth to lift them :thumbs:

if you want to kill 3's and 4's you nee a good staying dog,a dog that runs for 4 minutes i think has balls but can he do it another 2 3 4 times is the question,iceman do you own a d og killing long ears or are you a northy dreamer

most people dream off having the best hare dog or bitch and as l have said been lamping past few years so only getting back into the hares but next few years hope till have one that will make me happy and northy dreamer you having dig at the northern lads aisling lol

When did coursing come all about the kill and not the run? Thats all i hear 'how many did you kill today' not 'did you get a good days running'.Im been out days and killed 5 hares but havent seen a good run. In my opinion a good coursing dog is a dog that can control the hare, put pressure on it doesnt need to be lighting fast but must have a hunting brain.

hunted hares for decades and one ,pace, runnng sence ,good feet and bred to do the job saw all sorts of dogs from saluks over the last 2 decades before that the colie deerhound type before ,the saluk type of the [bANNED TEXT] breeding exels

know what you mean over here don't think really need good staying dog because we don't have big fen fields need some that fast tight can stay a bit but must have balls because lot ditches gates fence over here but most off all need dog that has good strike seen many dog run 4 mins but never have the mouth to lift them :thumbs:

if you want to kill 3's and 4's you nee a good staying dog,a dog that runs for 4 minutes i think has balls but can he do it another 2 3 4 times is the question,iceman do you own a d og killing long ears or are you a northy dreamer

most people dream off having the best hare dog or bitch and as l have said been lamping past few years so only getting back into the hares but next few years hope till have one that will make me happy and northy dreamer you having dig at the northern lads aisling lol

thats good mate no dig i just taught ye were all dreamers up there lol

over the years i have seen lots of so called hare dogs most could chase but they couldnt course .a hare given fair law is not going to be caught by a dog lacking stamina. to course five hares one needs a dog with above average speed and above average power .i have seen hares slow down and speed up teaseing slow dogs .lurchers come in various sizes and to course well you need a dog that has the heart and lung capacity plus superiour speed .saluki x greyhound or deerhound x greyhound are the best if bred right but i have seen collie x greyhounds alsatian x greyhounds labrador x greyhounds thaht were excellent. besides stamina one needs a dog with the ability to drop down a gear and then turn the power on a bit like watching scurlouge champ when he was raceing he looked beat at the back but once he fired up his turbo it was goodbye see you later.when out courseing i have seen these types of dogs slow take off and the gypsys thought the money was in thier pocket as thier dog was leading then the dog behind dropped a gear turbo thrust on bye bye terrific strikeing power power and speed wise it is like compareing a v8 astonmartin to a 1600 mondeo

thats good mate no dig i just taught ye were all dreamers up there lol

no prop mate but most are we all are everyone would love the perfect dog hard to get but what l have read its lot do with breeding but l think good man behind dog and the work needs be put in if you want dog catching hares on a regular bases :thumbs: and born south so have best both worlds lol

over the years i have seen lots of so called hare dogs most could chase but they couldnt course .a hare given fair law is not going to be caught by a dog lacking stamina. to course five hares one needs a dog with above average speed and above average power .i have seen hares slow down and speed up teaseing slow dogs .lurchers come in various sizes and to course well you need a dog that has the heart and lung capacity plus superiour speed .saluki x greyhound or deerhound x greyhound are the best if bred right but i have seen collie x greyhounds alsatian x greyhounds labrador x greyhounds thaht were excellent. besides stamina one needs a dog with the ability to drop down a gear and then turn the power on a bit like watching scurlouge champ when he was raceing he looked beat at the back but once he fired up his turbo it was goodbye see you later.when out courseing i have seen these types of dogs slow take off and the gypsys thought the money was in thier pocket as thier dog was leading then the dog behind dropped a gear turbo thrust on bye bye terrific strikeing power power and speed wise it is like compareing a v8 astonmartin to a 1600 mondeo

some good points there but the bit at the top about fair law when was fair law brought in and what distance would you call fair????

some good points there but the bit at the top about fair law when was fair law brought in and what distance would you call fair????

I know you wern't asking me but as I've said before every slip is different. On big land some hares may get 100 yard slips but on small land this may not even be possible. Every hare should be judged differently, once you spend enough time in the land hunting them you will know a good one from a bad one straight away. Every single one will run differently and as the dogman its upto you to decide whats fair, after all you'll know your dog best :thumbs:

I know you wern't asking me but as I've said before every slip is different. On big land some hares may get 100 yard slips but on small land this may not even be possible. Every hare should be judged differently, once you spend enough time in the land hunting them you will know a good one from a bad one straight away. Every single one will run differently and as the dogman its upto you to decide whats fair, after all you'll know your dog best :thumbs:

Starting know what you mean the land l hunt fields are not big lots ditches gates etc and hard for dog dog must fast and game break hare at the ditches but on some bigger fields they get head start but as l said only have lucher breed for lamp really but have pup there for hares next year not saying my big pup wont kill hares but will not have the wind for long course but she does put it in when asked and that is all l can as for :thumbs:

Starting know what you mean the land l hunt fields are not big lots ditches gates etc and hard for dog dog must fast and game break hare at the ditches but on some bigger fields they get head start but as l said only have lucher breed for lamp really but have pup there for hares next year not saying my big pup wont kill hares but will not have the wind for long course but she does put it in when asked and that is all l can as for :thumbs:

As long as they are putting in a genuine effort it worth every mile walked :thumbs: