coursing dogs

All dogs will try and run ! some dogs will run and try !

But what would you want in a coursing dog???

personally i like a up and at them dog as i will run field aswell as fen but sometimes that stle means less stamina all depends on the dog but to fast and theyll over shoot and to slow there get straight lined to cover etc... i think thats why theres only a few pure bread salukis that actually do the job like a saluki hybrid so u defo need that mix and abit of luck really. ive got a good bitch at the minute and down the line i might put her to a pure bread cause she has blistering pace and a good strike and can hang on abit but id like her offspring to have a bit more running savvy and stamina for fen land.

know what you mean over here don't think really need good staying dog because we don't have big fen fields need some that fast tight can stay a bit but must have balls because lot ditches gates fence over here but most off all need dog that has good strike seen many dog run 4 mins but never have the mouth to lift them :thumbs:

i like to see a confident dog, one that "knows" its going to catch the quarry, one that uses its brains to box the hare from cover, gears which it uses on "any" fields, and then is ready to do it again and again and again,

• Like 1

i like to see a confident dog, one that "knows" its going to catch the quarry, one that uses its brains to box the hare from cover, gears which it uses on "any" fields, and then is ready to do it again and again and again,

Think when comes to hares and dog needs to know how use its gears how slow up then pick up when needs be but needs lots heart

To me a good daytime hare dog needs stamina and pace, he also needs to know how to use them to the best of his ability. A good eye and good feet are also a must. If a dog is bred right and entered properly he should develop a good hare sense over time and turn into a good catch dog. :thumbs:

i my self would say that for hunting in ireland u need pace stamia plenty of heart and abit of brains of when to use there gears and for england u need of lots lung brains for boxing and the gears to get and then stick with them and the most important thing in any lurcher is its mounth no mounth no good

know what you mean over here don't think really need good staying dog because we don't have big fen fields need some that fast tight can stay a bit but must have balls because lot ditches gates fence over here but most off all need dog that has good strike seen many dog run 4 mins but never have the mouth to lift them :thumbs:

if you want to kill 3's and 4's you nee a good staying dog,a dog that runs for 4 minutes i think has balls but can he do it another 2 3 4 times is the question,iceman do you own a d og killing long ears or are you a northy dreamer