Making a lure machine .....

Graham 4877 what do yo use to put a turn in I have tried tent pegs but no good

It was just a flat roller i had sitting in the scrap box , so i put it in the lathe and turned it to that shape!

ANYWAY HAD BITCH OUT ON LURE THE DAY 10,150 YARD RUNS MOTOR LOOKING GOOD FOR THE JOB NOT ONE BIT OF HEAT!

JUST NEED TO MAKE A BIGGER SPOOL AS ITS A BIT SLOW, RUNNING AT ABOUT 25MPH AT THE MIN, 1ST TEAT WAS RUNNING AT ABOUT 40/50MPH!

post-22347-0-38414000-1293908055_thumb.jpg

Edited by graham4877

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers mate I'm going to go to b & q and see if they sell pullys

even better but you'ed have to make it work for you

on ebay Item number: 130402926881

NEW 25MM STAINLESS STEEL 316 PULLEY BLOCK REMOVABLE PIN

just keep the center bit and bin the frame!!!!

As long as it works mate so all good eh! Thats the thing with starter motors they draw 30ah+ /they are only meant to run for a short time!

how do you get it to where you run the dog??

did you fit new bushes mate?? if not buy a new set now!!

it was a new starter off an old mini, it looks a monster but its light the battery weighs the most and to run the dogs i go over the school field lol im gunna be taking it down the south park in darlo soon to get the dogs fit so should be interesting i could make a few quid by letting folk have a go like at the shows £1 a run pay for itself in about 10 mins!!!!! lol

Think the going rate's £2 mate!! I was thinking the same but for the weight of the battery i may as well make one out of the 78cc engin i've got!

lighter than the battery and will run all day

Edited by graham4877

Hi Guys,

Read a few previous posts about making a lure machine, everyone uses starter motors, is there any reason why a small 12v electric motor like the ones for model boats etc wouldn't do the same job?

Cheers

are you wanting to make one or is it you just cant find one to buy???

if its the latter , if you give it a month till i give mine a good test i'll be knocking them out and they should be well under a £100 posted!

its not made with a started motor , so they will be light weight, the motors are meant to run for hours ,unlike the starter motors ,

you wont have to worry about discharge as much as they dont draw 30+ah like the starters

all i use is my standard two 7ah lamping batteries, but nothings going to happen till i get lots of testing done as i wont be ripping anyone

unlike the last person to make lures

Hi

I would be looking for one of these off you if they work out alright pm me any details/pics when you get the chance,

All the best

Sniffer

Hi Guys,

Read a few previous posts about making a lure machine, everyone uses starter motors, is there any reason why a small 12v electric motor like the ones for model boats etc wouldn't do the same job?

Cheers

if its the latter , if you give it a month till i give mine a good test i'll be knocking them out and they should be well under a £100 posted!

its not made with a started motor , so they will be light weight, the motors are meant to run for hours ,unlike the starter motors ,

you wont have to worry about discharge as much as they dont draw 30+ah like the starters

all i use is my standard two 7ah lamping batteries, but nothings going to happen till i get lots of testing done as i wont be ripping anyone

Hi

I would be looking for one of these off you if they work out alright pm me any details/pics when you get the chance,

All the best

Sniffer

Just waiting on a new spool coming, but the tests i've done so far are looking very good!

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Hi

All the best

Sniffer

Just waiting on a new spool coming, but the tests i've done so far are looking very good!

I may be interested as well mate, let me know how you get on,

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Hi

All the best

Sniffer

I may be interested as well mate, let me know how you get on,

will do fella, just started a new thread on here http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/183573-lure-machine-testing-vid/

uploaded a vid!