Making a lure machine .....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're not really powerful enough, you'll need at least 250 watts (depending on length of run and a few other things) and they don't make them that powerful. A cordless drill motor is better suited but you need to match the spool size to the speed of the motor.

Hi Guys,

Read a few previous posts about making a lure machine, everyone uses starter motors, is there any reason why a small 12v electric motor like the ones for model boats etc wouldn't do the same job?

Cheers

are you wanting to make one or is it you just cant find one to buy???

if its the latter , if you give it a month till i give mine a good test i'll be knocking them out and they should be well under a £100 posted!

its not made with a started motor , so they will be light weight, the motors are meant to run for hours ,unlike the starter motors ,

you wont have to worry about discharge as much as they dont draw 30+ah like the starters

all i use is my standard two 7ah lamping batteries, but nothings going to happen till i get lots of testing done as i wont be ripping anyone

unlike the last person to make lures

I got a number for a lad who makes them on here but i dunno if its same lad Graham on about.If begins with T i wont pass on number :thumbs:

NO MATE NOT HIM, BUT I DON'T THINK HE'S DOING THEM ANYMORE! AS I HERE HE WAS TRYING TO REMOVED THE THREAD ABOUT HIS!

Edited by graham4877

just wondering why would u use a lure machine is it for racing or showing what is the point not being cheeky just want to no

well to get them fit mate!! + you can have them strait line runs or like i do have a turn at 75 meeters! They get up to full speed then turn n get back up to speed so your getting take off sorted aswell i try to make its like a real course!

some people run lure comps its ok for a bit of fun i'ed say, but some people take it to far!!

i made one it is sooo easy, it isnt pretty but works a treat, hammers the battery though and i use one off a tranny van!! took about half hour to make i just need to buy some better twine for it to make for longer runs, my mate has a lathe so if he'l let me il turn out some bobbins either wood or metal and go from there oh and if you dont weld then spose theres nowt to stop you drilling holes and fixing with nuts and bolts hth....daks

DSCF0201.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

DSCF0202.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

i made one it is sooo easy, it isnt pretty but works a treat, hammers the battery though and i use one off a tranny van!! took about half hour to make i just need to buy some better twine for it to make for longer runs, my mate has a lathe so if he'l let me il turn out some bobbins either wood or metal and go from there oh and if you dont weld then spose theres nowt to stop you drilling holes and fixing with nuts and bolts hth....daks

DSCF0201.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

DSCF0202.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

As long as it works mate so all good eh! Thats the thing with starter motors they draw 30ah+ /they are only meant to run for a short time!

how do you get it to where you run the dog??

did you fit new bushes mate?? if not buy a new set now!!