white feet

I was on a ferret rescue website not to long ago and on the main page it said that sadly they could no longer take on ferrets as they had over 130 but on a seperate page it said now taking orders on next years breeding program. The people are just in it for a few quid selling them to any old mug that knocks on there door. I even called them and asked about rehoming a jill and they said got no jills, 130 ferrets and no jills plus a breeding program. people make me sick.

That was probably the muppet who was on here a while back slagging people off for filling rescues with unwanted ferrets while lining their pockets by breeding them.. :yes:

White feet aren't worth more unless they're attached to a ferret who happens to be an exceptional worker. :whistling:

Too many people get wrapped up in this colour rubbish. Leave that to the fluffy brigade and peddlars. A ferret can be valued by it's willingness and ability to graft rabbits, not by whether or not it was born with 'cool' colours.

Spot on.. :thumbs:

Ive got a few with white mitts, all kitts go at the same price, £15 ish, as post above, talk of "white feet" is more in the fluffy pet brigade market of selling ferts :thumbdown:

£15ish whats yir name dick turpin :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I suppose its an individual opinion on how you look on ferrets, and if you value them as a working animal, YES I will charge £15 to £20 for ferrets from me, but Ill also spend a good few hours giving new owners advice etc, I'm also able to give them names/dates etc of parents/grandparents, if you think thats daylight robbery as your "dick turpin" remark goes, maybe thats why so many people see ferrets as a throw away item as they pick them up for next to nothing and therefore cant be arsed with vets bills, or ferret locators,

crazy that so called hunters will pay silly money for a dog,or rifle,scope,nets, everything else out there, yet moan at the price of a ferret, that if handled correctly, will give years of service and bolt hundreds of rabbits

christ, Im rambling on here, just realised your scottish....

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Ive got a few with white mitts, all kitts go at the same price, £15 ish, as post above, talk of "white feet" is more in the fluffy pet brigade market of selling ferts :thumbdown:

I suppose its an individual opinion on how you look on ferrets, and if you value them as a working animal, YES I will charge £15 to £20 for ferrets from me, but Ill also spend a good few hours giving new owners advice etc, I'm also able to give them names/dates etc of parents/grandparents, if you think thats daylight robbery as your "dick turpin" remark goes, maybe thats why so many people see ferrets as a throw away item as they pick them up for next to nothing and therefore cant be arsed with vets bills, or ferret locators,

crazy that so called hunters will pay silly money for a dog,or rifle,scope,nets, everything else out there, yet moan at the price of a ferret, that if handled correctly, will give years of service and bolt hundreds of rabbits

christ, Im rambling on here, just realised your scottish....

100 % correct :yes:

4 white feet "pass him by".

Doesn't that saying come from the horse world? The rhyme goes like this:

One white foot, buy a horse,

Two white feet, try a horse,

Three white feet, do will without him.

Four white feet, go home home without him.

The only reason I can think of for this rhyme is that white hooves on horses are supposedly softer and not as durable as black hooves. I've often wondered about this with running dogs too, but I've had lurchers with white claws which were every bit as hard and tough as black claws, though I've never had pink padded dogs: in the wild, any white animal has black skin, not pink, so nature may be right in that black pads, feet, whatever, are tougher because of the extra pigment. Just a thought.

you think £15 is bad take a look at these. :wallbash: :wallbash:

http://angoraferretsuk.webs.com/prices.htm

you think £15 is bad take a look at these. :wallbash: :wallbash:

http://angoraferrets....com/prices.htm

Oh Christ, now you've done it... :rolleyes::laugh: Fecking abominations of ferrets... :yes:

I was on a ferret rescue website not to long ago and on the main page it said that sadly they could no longer take on ferrets as they had over 130 but on a seperate page it said now taking orders on next years breeding program. The people are just in it for a few quid selling them to any old mug that knocks on there door. I even called them and asked about rehoming a jill and they said got no jills, 130 ferrets and no jills plus a breeding program. people make me sick.

i sent them an email about some ferrets and they never got back to me about them

do it again and then send one asking to donate money see how fast you get the reply i have done it try it

i looked at that link for angora ferrets mine must all be angoras cos they have coats like bears at the minute if anyone wants to give me 300 euro each i will happily oblige but it will be hard parting with fluffy, vincent, wilma and splodge as they have just mastered painting and decorating and vincent is a handy plasterer

Ive got alsorts sivers, bew's and when i did breed them i gave them away for nothing as i wanted to help mates improve there working ferrets no worry about colours .Colour means sweet fa to me it must be a grafter whatever colour it is

i think some of the lads are right they are only worth anything to people who want them as pets where looks matter,and i think £10/£15 is about the goin rate,or seems to be around leicester area anyway,i have a sable hob,and albino hob and jill,all were given to me so i think puttin a value on their looks is daft,especially if your going to work them.