Hi from Essex

Hi, I have been on here a while now reading and learning, I used to do a lot of ratting with my staffie in a London cemetry (30 years ago) there was so many i did not really need any skill just let the dog get on with it, 18 months back i rescued an American bulldog bitch who as a very high prey drive, she is extremely athletic at 24"ttw and 68lb in lean condititon. the past year i have been doing mainly rag racing against other bullbreeds where she is unbeaten apart from the bull lurchers/whippets. I have been taken her out lamping in late evening a few early morning trips in to the local fields where she been very close onto a few fox's. I hope to change this in the next couple of weeks by putting in more time in the field.In the new year i am hoping to get myself a patterdale pup and found the info on this site useful learning about the different strains.

Edited by sjh

Hi, I have been on here a while now reading and learning, I used to do a lot of ratting with my staffie in a London cemetry (30 years ago) there was so many i did not really need any skill just let the dog get on with it, 18 months back i rescued an American bulldog bitch who as a very high prey drive, she is extremely athletic at 24"ttw and 68lb in lean condititon. the past year i have been doing mainly rag racing against other bullbreeds where she is unbeaten apart from the bull lurchers/whippets. I have been taken her out lamping in late evening a few early morning trips in to the local fields where she been very close onto a few fox's. I hope to change this in the next couple of weeks by putting in more time in the field.In the new year i am hoping to get myself a patterdale pup and found the info on this site useful learning about the different strains.

welcome mate i hope you enjoy the site atb kevin ps i used to have a staffy aboot twenty year ago that used to love doing rats he also used to run the lamp i miss that little dog

welcome mate i hope you enjoy the site atb kevin ps i used to have a staffy aboot twenty year ago that used to love doing rats he also used to run the lamp i miss that little dog

I have had a few Staffie's over the years, my 1st was by far the best ratter, My current AB i know will not be the best breed for working in the field but for all round enjoyment she is superb, 1st class guard dog, complete canine athlete, non dog aggressive, she is very drivey chasing squirrels 7'or 8'up trees, I have just started taking her to fields i know contain plenty of rabbits she as only managed 1 so far but i think i let her down not having the knowledge you guys have on this site. I have tried lamping but again i dont have the know how so i am reading on here and in CW to get up to speed.

• 11 months later...