best x

what do you mean mate as most fast racy lurchers will spin one over , pre ban , if you are after big nites saluki type mixes with collie cross , the tor of dartmoor type i had were stopper on anything in there day dont think there is abest croos one that doesnt make amees etc and gets the job done could be numerous crosses some times its the man behing the hound who get the best

what do you mean mate as most fast racy lurchers will spin one over , pre ban , if you are after big nites saluki type mixes with collie cross , the tor of dartmoor type i had were stopper on anything in there day dont think there is abest croos one that doesnt make amees etc and gets the job done could be numerous crosses some times its the man behing the hound who get the best

:thumbs: ok what i mean is if you were to breed a lurcher purely for pulling roe after roe over preban what would the mix be? i mean a dog that can get on them quickly and yank them over no probs. :thumbs:

This topic as been coverd 100's of times if you serch mate, IMHO the s/b/g & d/g/c/g would be the choice i made but there are so many different breeds that could take deer and every1 has there own opinion on this, you will never get an answer on what cross was best due to this reason, :thumbs:

This topic as been coverd 100's of times if you serch mate, IMHO the s/b/g & d/g/c/g would be the choice i made but there are so many different breeds that could take deer and every1 has there own opinion on this, you will never get an answer on what cross was best due to this reason, :thumbs:

cheers mate, i was interested to see if people had the same idea on this. :thumbs:

My mates got a 3\4 greyhound 1\4 bull and he is a great deer dog pre ban of course and i have saw alot of good bull crosses on deer but i have also saw some good saluki cross i.e 3/4 greyhound 1/4 saluki on pre ban deer and they have been good on the old deer,a pal of mine had an alsation greyhound never saw her work my self but i know lads who did when she was alive and they said that she was at her prime on deer and she took some big numbers in her time,me my self i aint really bothered aslong as it does the job i think it all depends on the person and what suites them and the way or the area they are working the dog :thumbs: