Just a quick post to see if anyone has any ideas. Both dogs (Deerhounds) at vets, on drips, very dehydrated. Our bitch was very ill (vomit and diarrhoea) on Tuesday, straight to vets and onto drip. Our dog started showing some of the symptoms yesterday (but not as bad) so again to vets and on a drip. Vet seems to think some kind of severe gut infection. Was all very sudden, one minute fine, next boom!

I’ve since heard from friends that there may be something going around, so just asking if anyone has any ideas.

Spring

Just a quick post to see if anyone has any ideas. Both dogs (Deerhounds) at vets, on drips, very dehydrated. Our bitch was very ill (vomit and diarrhoea) on Tuesday, straight to vets and onto drip. Our dog started showing some of the symptoms yesterday (but not as bad) so again to vets and on a drip. Vet seems to think some kind of severe gut infection. Was all very sudden, one minute fine, next boom!

I’ve since heard from friends that there may be something going around, so just asking if anyone has any ideas.

Spring

parvo? some kind of poison? hope they get better any way dt

Theres always bugs going round,

Has the vets taken bloods, as this should show if theres infection present,

it could just be a simple case of gastro or it could be something else.

Hope they pull through it.

Spring

parvo? some kind of poison? hope they get better any way dt

Vets don't think it's parvo, no blood from any end. Thanks for the wishes.

Spring

Theres always bugs going round,

Has the vets taken bloods, as this should show if theres infection present,

it could just be a simple case of gastro or it could be something else.

Hope they pull through it.

Vet suggested some kind of bug. It's just that it was so quick.

Spring

i have a friend who's 2 pups have been through exactly the same thing, their symptoms came out 3 days after having their puppy injections, and he said the surgery had a few dogs go in with the same maybe its some kind of virus but his vet treated them with drips and injections, they were ill for about 3 to 4 weeks and improved, so i hope your dogs improve and get back to normal :thumbs:

Thanks for all the replys. A quick up date - both dogs now home after being on drips for 2 days, both looking and acting

very much like their old selves (apart from whats comming out from the back end :sick: )

Both are eating and drinking light meals and are on antis. Both have lost a lot of weight but things are looking so much better. Once again :signthankspin:

Spring