Show me you merles please

Guest crobinc840

Guest crobinc840

No, merle isn't really a colour, it's a lack of colour sort of like dumping genetic bleach on it. The lack of pigment on the eyes can make a huge variety of colour patterns. That's why too much white on the head area can indicate sight or hearing problems. A few of the puppies from my litter have marbled eyes which are my favourite.

Here's Breagha with a bit of marbling showing as a pup.

Edited by crobinc840

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understood it as when averaged out half the pups will turn out this way,whatever the percentage its a no no,

I dont want an argument but read what you just wrote again. . . . "I hope there is a way to breed a good looking dog that is functional otherwise there will be a seperation in lurchers that has happen

Posted Images

Guest crobinc840

Are you for real? That is the same dog? If it is it might be considered a cryptic brindle merle. It's hard enough to get a picture of a cryptic. Is that dog still around? Do you have more pictures?

Guest crobinc840

Here is My boy at 8 weeks and 4 months, As You can see He appears to be more brindle but the merle is there. I am sure someone in the know will have a technical name for it.

He's very pretty. :thumbs: He's brindle merle like my girl. I like the two blue eyes with the brown fur.

Here is My boy at 8 weeks and 4 months, As You can see He appears to be more brindle but the merle is there. I am sure someone in the know will have a technical name for it.

He's very pretty. :thumbs: He's brindle merle like my girl. I like the two blue eyes with the brown fur.

He only has one blue eye the other is green!! Like David Bowie :laugh: That is why we named Him Ziggy

Guest crobinc840

He only has one blue eye the other is green!! Like David Bowie :laugh: That is why we named Him Ziggy

Very interesting, do you have better pics of his eyes? I know how hard it is to get a pic of a puppy lol. :thumbs:

Are you for real? That is the same dog? If it is it might be considered a cryptic brindle merle. It's hard enough to get a picture of a cryptic. Is that dog still around? Do you have more pictures?

Pre digital pictures I'm afraid . Sadly she's been gone a few years now but I promise you it is the same puppy as in the picture with my daughter. I always just called her a brindle merle . :thumbs:

post-13773-0-87385100-1292714190_thumb.jpg

post-13773-0-99956600-1292714234_thumb.jpg