Beddy whippet's

Hello all,

The decision has been made to get a beddy whippet next summer, I'd like some general info about them and what to look for, and what to avoid if poss?

I have been told they are a good first time lurcher owners?

It will be my first running dog although I do have other working dogs, and have lots of support from other running dog owners etc.

I'd like to see some pics of the dogs you own…especially any “action†pics if poss!

Cheers

langouroux

my old man has a litterof 3 quater whippet 1 quater bedlingtons now ,dam bed x whip first cross 18tts .sire irish coursing whip 24tts pm me if interested cheers mate

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my bedd/whippet/grey . shes 7 months old where too in cornwall you from ? Cheers

i chose a 3/4 whiip x 1/4 beddy for my first lurcher, as i only wanted her for rabbits, and shes a great little dog, 4yrs old 21"    

how do you not get beddy whipp grey heres 2 there 21tts

Posted Images

Heres mine,

First Dog well pleased how he is shaping up, We will see how we get on with hunting next year:)

Edit: 5 Months and a bit, Nun half cross beddy dad large whippet 18 tts at the moment

very nice pup!

I agree very pretty dog looks like its still got some growing to do

heres my boy at 9 months

IMG_9010Medium.jpg

DSC01241Medium.jpg

dont want to upset anyone but they not one thing or the other.

a whippet would do a better job on rabbits. I had a whippet bed x sal lurcher which i liked. i just think claud gs bed whips are a noveltie dog. why not go for bed grey or bed whip x grey would do better on lamped and ferreted rabbits if thats what you wnt

dont want to upset anyone but they not one thing or the other.

a whippet would do a better job on rabbits. I had a whippet bed x sal lurcher which i liked. i just think claud gs bed whips are a noveltie dog. why not go for bed grey or bed whip x grey would do better on lamped and ferreted rabbits if thats what you wnt

because they are alot stronger then a whippet and lass injury prone and it but`s fire and gameness in to the blood, better coat as some whippets suffer in the cold, and more brains. better feat better nose. :victory:

Edited by beddylurcher

post-50738-0-16621300-1292678382_thumb.jpgpost-50738-0-41103600-1292677903_thumb.jpgfew pics of mine 3/4 whip 1/4 beddy ( sister to troters pup) she's just 6 mnths and around 18tts. Really bright pup settled well to living in the house and spot on with my jack russel easily broken to the ferrets and livestock in the few times she's been out with the ferrets shown a lot of interest and copied the jack russel in marking well. I may need to start taking her out on her own a bit now because my jrt is so dominant and I dont want the pup to be in her shadow as she can take a back seat a little. I'm hoping to give her a look with the lamp after christmas going out with an experianced dog and hopefully she should take to it well she's quick as hell over the first 20 or 30 yards so I may give her an easy slip or 2 this season but wait till next year when she's fully grown before working her proper. The small black pup in some of the photos is my brothers 1st cross beddy whip out of hard worked parents she's a real head case at the minute gives my 2 hell but should settle down soon. I don't think you would be disapointed if you got this cross from what I've seen so far :thumbs:post-50738-0-74282700-1292677808_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

The decision has been made to get a beddy whippet next summer, I'd like some general info about them and what to look for, and what to avoid if poss?

I have been told they are a good first time lurcher owners?

It will be my first running dog although I do have other working dogs, and have lots of support from other running dog owners etc.

I'd like to see some pics of the dogs you own…especially any “action†pics if poss!

Cheers

langouroux

This bedlington xwhippet belongs to my mate's lad . It's his first lurcher and as well as being a good ferreting dog with more than enough speed to catch rabbits in the open is a very affectionate and trouble-free little dog .Based on what I've seen of this dog I'd say ideal for the first timer especially if you've had experience of training other dogs already.

post-13773-0-43378500-1292714944_thumb.jpg

post-13773-0-74819400-1292715586_thumb.jpg

The skinny black thing is my saluki x whippet

.Between them they make a good team . We left them to dig this rabbit while we picked up the nets .