Beddy whippet's

Hello all,

The decision has been made to get a beddy whippet next summer, I'd like some general info about them and what to look for, and what to avoid if poss?

I have been told they are a good first time lurcher owners?

It will be my first running dog although I do have other working dogs, and have lots of support from other running dog owners etc.

I'd like to see some pics of the dogs you own…especially any “action” pics if poss!

Cheers

langouroux

Edited by langouroux

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my bedd/whippet/grey . shes 7 months old where too in cornwall you from ? Cheers

i chose a 3/4 whiip x 1/4 beddy for my first lurcher, as i only wanted her for rabbits, and shes a great little dog, 4yrs old 21"    

how do you not get beddy whipp grey heres 2 there 21tts

Posted Images

I got my first Beddy Whippet this summer mate and she's my first running dog so don't have much experience or info to pass on yet. From speaking to other guys on here they are apparently cracking little dogs especially the 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy. Excellent for rabbits and still fast and game enough for the occasionnal hare. i do know someone who had one and used it for foxes as well but with mine being only 8 months I can't see that potential yet, but as she grows and matures you never know!!!

2nd to none on acceleration - thats why they're excellent rabbiting dogs, especially for ferreting, but not an out and out lamping or coursing dog from what I can gather, even tho I'm planning on lamping with mine next season.

I'd put a picture up of her if I knew how mate. lol.

atb.

Hello all,

The decision has been made to get a beddy whippet next summer, I'd like some general info about them and what to look for, and what to avoid if poss?

I have been told they are a good first time lurcher owners?

It will be my first running dog although I do have other working dogs, and have lots of support from other running dog owners etc.

I'd like to see some pics of the dogs you own…especially any “action†pics if poss!

Cheers

Hi mate, I have a 1/2 beddy 3/8 whippet 1/8 greyhound bitch pup. It is coming on great, just started to take it out for short trips around the fields. I have had beddy x lurchers years ago so i had a good idea that was what i wanted. The only thing i was concerned about was that they can sometimes turn out a little small but only in the size department, they are usually very tought things. I wanted a 1/2 cross so i got one from a 3/4 whippet 1/4 greyhound dam that was 23", hoping this would give it a better chance of making a decent size. I am well pleased with it in every way and it looks like it will make around 21". It is 5 1/2 months and is 18"tts.

post-51571-0-89690600-1292335657_thumb.jpgpost-51571-0-97505700-1292335674_thumb.jpg

Edited by lifelong cumbrian
  • Like 1

Iv got a beddy whippet x beddy whippet bit in the small size but ideal for what I want, ferreting and lamping rabbits. He's a good lil worker so far but a good family loyal dog in the house. Good first lurcher :)

I love bedlington whippets also, and will also be after asking the mum and dad if i can have another dog, running a first cross Border Collie x Whippet now, and he's brilliant only thing is the went more for the collie side but is a fast as fooooook :) nice dog's bring on more pics

ATB

Trev

A mate of mine runs a halfx bitch 17" tidy wee thing keen and bidable [bANNED TEXT] powerhouse of a wee dog catches rabbits but lacks in chases with any length to them like the look of her and would have her but my whippets run all over the top of her and he wouldnt have to worry about her coursing a hare as in reality she wouldnt get near a half fit one. Plenty brain and determination but lacking for the type of ground i run just now. I have owned a dog who was a fair bit larger who was capable of bigger stuff easily and ferreted for fun but im just running golf courses at the moment and it wouldnt be my first choice for this type of land.

Here she is

Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg

• Like 1