now this is how it should be done??????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the terrier was bushing and the lurcher picked up a scent , just doing whats asked of them , and they didnt really look like purist coursing dogs , so whats the problem , to many do gooders on here ,

it jumped from under there feet id be ashamed if my dogs didnt catch thatin half the time they did . . . .

i thought for a minute they were going to round it up how many there were .

:whistling::thumbdown:

:thumbdown::whistling:

its what dogs do, hunting up is not coursing! If you didn't like it on the site you saw it, then maybe you should have commented then, not tittle tattle behind closed doors!

how do you work that out then. yes it dose happen and it has happened to me. but i would not put it up on youtube even if it was by accident i would not have been happy with the time they took to catch it, it was at there feet, and the time it took to retreve.

plus the title were i seen it was ........''my old lurchers on a good run''

now was that a good run?

the terrier should have had that it was that close when it got up.

Edited by hullhunter

Number of dogs don't make that much difference, a lot of the time the faster dog just pushes the hare away from the slower dogs, yes I accept it could turn back into the slower dogs but even when that happens they usually miss it. Pretty sure one of them dogs would have caught that hare in that field. Size of field is what turns it in the hares favour, big fields against a good fresh lurcher, lurcher catches every time. Like someone has already said hunting and coursing are two different things.

Edited by Plong

Unless you have your dogs on slips or leads all the time when out for a mooch about this will and does happen to most folk,recon there'll be a few rightous answers coming but i liked they way that lurcher picked up that scent,used it's nose to find and the way the other lurchers picked up on what the first dog was doing,got on the ball,flushed and caught it.So what it took 30 seconds to catch it,they caught it,the owner was pleased enough to you tube it so whats the problem with it?,there his dogs that please him.

:whistling::thumbdown:

:thumbdown::whistling:

its what dogs do, hunting up is not coursing! If you didn't like it on the site you saw it, then maybe you should have commented then, not tittle tattle behind closed doors!

how do you work that out then. yes it dose happen and it has happened to me. but i would not put it up on youtube even if it was by accident i would not have been happy with the time they took to catch it, it was at there feet, and the time it took to retreve.

plus the title were i seen it was ........''my old lurchers on a good run''

now was that a good run?

the terrier should have had that it was that close when it got up.

it only took 30 seconds to catch, thats a quik catch,,,,, as the others have said it happens when your mooching about,,, its not coursing but these things happen.

best bit of fun i have seen on this site. great stuff :laugh::tongue2:

exactly , ...... and if some chap wants to put it on youtube then thats his buisness , i enjoyed watching it , its like people slag off that wrecking crew dvd , it doesnt matter what dogs caught what , we could all say my dogs this and my dog can do that them people made it for them as did that chap , get out and make your own before calling others ............. :hmm:

I. Like watching dogs find run and kill quarry all off their own back, I prefer thid to coursing. Fair eneogh it is brilliant watching a top coursing dog run a hare on big land but coursing lads think its the be all and end all but its a bit hyped up and repetitive for me. If you are going to use the hare why would you want to give it a massive head start. Am sure I would be the last thing on the mind of an old gypsy relying on it for his next meal, jus my opinion.

the terrier was bushing and the lurcher picked up a scent , just doing whats asked of them , and they didnt really look like purist coursing dogs , so whats the problem , to many do gooders on here , anyone thats been out enough has been in that situation , if something gets up it happens ,......

and wat a coincidence he was filming it squating :hmm:

• Like 1

fair play to him for getting out and doing in a bit i know if iam out for a mooch and something gets up in front of my dog there all after and i am not for stopping them

:thumbs: Why dont you all just keep you shite to yourself,,,, that's the problem with this site, to many dickheads! :wallbash:

You have nothing to answer for there hullhunter it happens all of the time, im against deer hunting with dogs but my lot flushed a deer last year when we were out walking with the missus and coursed it nothing i could do about it but hope the b*****ds didnt catch it!!

it was a good field and the dogs were ok just got in each others way fair do.

i never ever went out to hunt hare even when it was legal but occasionally my dogs would catch one of the goat eyed smelly buggers.