boxing tonight

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smith v degale is the fight hope smith does the job on him in front of his own crowd... looking forward to the link

me too but as the man wise man (eubank) once said;'the competent boxer always beats the brawler',or words to that effect,and i know better than to question the lisssp.

i don't see him winning unfortunately.

shame smigger lost in the 9th round ref stopped the fight james degale was the stronger fighter of the 2 and fully deserved to win.

I know paul quite well and I think he took his foot off the gas in the early rounds to conserve energy for the latter stage of the fight.

degale came on strong and hit smigger with some big punches

Your pal has nothing to be ashamed of he showed courage and stickability which are great qualities....he was just beaten by a superior all round fighter on the night.

Degale surprised me he actually looks a better fighter than i thought he was.

well khan has certainly won me over with that fight the comentators course was gonna happen i thought when they was saying we got this champ n that n with khan it will be 4 world champs going into next year then blam lol khan gets given a gooden then a few more i thought thats it he aint lasting the rest of the round i think over 2 minutes but he did and came back at him so big respect from me whats your thoughjts on the fight

well khan has certainly won me over with that fight the comentators course was gonna happen i thought when they was saying we got this champ n that n with khan it will be 4 world champs going into next year then blam lol khan gets given a gooden then a few more i thought thats it he aint lasting the rest of the round i think over 2 minutes but he did and came back at him so big respect from me whats your thoughjts on the fight

paid for the fight watched all but fall asleep before khan to many cans i think will have to watch repeat

Can't understand how Khan suddenly has a good chin, he lost to a big puncher in Prescott, but Limmond and Gomez both had him on the floor neither were big punchers I know Gomez has stopped a few but more through volume of punches than a single big shot. I always thought it was a problem Khan would have through his career.

Can't understand how Khan suddenly has a good chin, he lost to a big puncher in Prescott, but Limmond and Gomez both had him on the floor neither were big punchers I know Gomez has stopped a few but more through volume of punches than a single big shot. I always thought it was a problem Khan would have through his career.

His core strength is coming through,every fighter matures at different times when he lost to Prescott he had the speed of a man but the core strength of a boy....couple that with the fact he now has a defence and its bound to create better punch resistance.

I said after his second pro fight Khan would be a world champion most people thought i was nuts !....He still has a lot to learn and a long way to develop before he can fear nobody but he continues to improve.A better punch picker than Maydana such as a Mayweather or Paquiao would have finished him when he was in trouble but Khan was elusive and actually seems to have a better fighting heart than i thought,which was the only doubt i had about him.