And this is the British answer :laugh:

I kid you not, a farmer who got his, all singing, all dancing " superior 4 wheel drive and computerised traction control, coupled to the latest V 6 turbo Diesel technology, with air suspension " :D:D

Stuck 'cos he followed the keeper's truck, which was armed only with a decent set of mud terrain tyres :whistle: :whistle:

:rofl: Oh how we laughed and joked with the fella :rofl::rofl:

Oh and if you know the bloke concerned just smile at him for me :clapper:

:rolleyes: i see he is signalling hes only got onme wheel stuck , i know the feeling i pulled me mates fourtrack outy of something similar at 9.30 last night was on for about an hour and a half trying with me series 3 no brakes "one live live it" as they say

Nelson................ANY 4X4 is onto a SURE LOSER with road tyres on.......as once them tiny grooves fill with mud you're on a 'SLICK'...........

New Disco Is probably only bettered by a DEFENDER off road.......With proper tyres :thumbs-up:

All things equal they're unbeatable!.....................

Nelson................ANY 4X4 is onto a SURE LOSER with road tyres on.......as once them tiny grooves fill with mud you're on a 'SLICK'...........

New Disco Is probably only bettered by a DEFENDER off road.......With proper tyres :thumbs-up:

All things equal they're unbeatable!.....................

:yes: I know mate, thing with this bloke driving the new Landrover is, i was in his truck at the time and told him not to follow the keeper as it was boggy up the slope. Him being a farmer lectured me on driving cross country and the finer points of his truck before getting it stuck :laugh::laugh:

Even funnier was when it did grind to a halt, he kept trying to drive forward,relying on his superior traction control.Any one who knows anything about driving cross country (let alone on a grass field) knows as soon as you loose traction going forward stop and go backwards,look for another route.Not dig yourself in and rely on other folk to push you out. Which is excactly what happened,4 people pushed it out of a little "puddle".

I drove the thing later that day and thought it too powerful and heavy to be taken seriously off road :no: but what do i know, i'm sure Landrover know what they're doing :whistle:

Cant fault the disco for getting stuck with road tyres and a farmer driving it really can you.

And for land rover knowing what they are doing that is a question I could list faults for a reasons why I would not want a defender all day . How they have managed to trick people into to thinking other wise is beyond me apart from the 3.5t towing I cant see what the fuss is about.

You put tractor tyres and a winch on anything and you will get out of anything simple as that. Come on the Japs!!