false earths

im lookin to put a few false eaths in on some of my ground that aint got that many naturals, i do a bit of digging so know what a fox is able to get in to size wise etc. i just dont want to go to all the effort and find out id f**ked it up, so thought id bettere ask , have you made any that get used, how deep do they need to be, pipe or brick ????? any advise would be handy, and yes theres enough foxs about to make it worth my while.. cheers in advance

Guest furryferter

I spent all day today building false earths cause the wood I was supposed to be digging in there was a pheasant shoot

heres how I build mine and hopefully other lads will add how they do theres the one I built to day was with the brown plastic drainage pipe which I cut lenght ways in half

Firstly I try & find a site that is out of the way from any paths basically somewhere you will not be disturbed when working it

I lay the pipe out in the shape I want the earth to be ......the one i biult today had the entrance chamber about 10 yards then it split into 2 like a rough Y shape with a chamber at the end of each tube 1 tube was about another 10 yards the other about 5 I also dig a bit of a tunnel at end of the chamber to encourage charlie to dig on a bit

The chamber I make by diggin a square then putting 2x2 in each corner with a ply roof this is all about a foot deep then I burried the lot and I covered it withe soil and the turf I also cover it witha lot of soil & grass seed .

At the entrance I always put a big pile of fresh soil & bait it aswell

hope this helps

I spent all day today building false earths cause the wood I was supposed to be digging in there was a pheasant shoot

heres how I build mine and hopefully other lads will add how they do theres the one I built to day was with the brown plastic drainage pipe which I cut lenght ways in half

Firstly I try & find a site that is out of the way from any paths basically somewhere you will not be disturbed when working it

I lay the pipe out in the shape I want the earth to be ......the one i biult today had the entrance chamber about 10 yards then it split into 2 like a rough Y shape with a chamber at the end of each tube 1 tube was about another 10 yards the other about 5 I also dig a bit of a tunnel at end of the chamber to encourage charlie to dig on a bit

The chamber I make by diggin a square then putting 2x2 in each corner with a ply roof this is all about a foot deep then I burried the lot and I covered it withe soil and the turf I also cover it witha lot of soil & grass seed .

At the entrance I always put a big pile of fresh soil & bait it aswell

hope this helps

Do you get many at home in your earths FF?

I repaired one for the second time in 3 years last month.This time for the roof i am using concrete paving slabs, that someone had finished with ( wether they had or not :) ) supported by a decent bit of thick timber.

The ply i used previously eventually rotted through, though i must admit i am a bit how do when it comes to D I Y :icon_redface:

I repaired one for the second time in 3 years last month.This time for the roof i am using concrete paving slabs, that someone had finished with ( wether they had or not :) ) supported by a decent bit of thick timber.

The ply i used previously eventually rotted through, though i must admit i am a bit how do when it comes to D I Y :icon_redface:

The old clay roofing tiles half moon shape work the best for me plastic piping has been a disaster know foxylikes it for reasons unknown just stick with clay!

Also leave them plenty of dirt to dig out to clean a tube spooks them.IMO

This only what i have found! :thumbs-up:

Guest furryferter

Ive had 1 or 2 David.... I built one a few years ago not to far from my house I checked a few days later & it was stinking of fox

I cut the plastic pipe in half length ways Pockets so it is just used for the roof of the tubes

hi guys i think jdarcy made one and posted on here a while back , dont no how far back they keep stuff on here ? hope fully he may replie on his exploits or a bit of advise off other lads that have had sucses {spelling} though i would say them half rounds are the best but they like rockin horse doo darrs

cheers dave

• 2 weeks later...