Tazi Lamping

Just a quick clip of my Kazakh Tazi lamping, she had taking a few here and there on the lamp running alongside the truck but this was her first proper look out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJU0joZoic

Not the best of video but a couple of runs before I quit trying to video and concentrated more on working her.

nice job well done ;)

Thanks for the comment everyone, I am over the moon with the Wee bitch. She boxes her quarry very well, runs the beam whether she actually see the rabbit or not, is seeing squatters and taken them very well, returns to hand without a word said when the lamp is put off after a missed run, the only 'issues' I've had with her is her dropping live rabbits short of me and she has had to re-catch a couple of them when they tried to make off in the darkness and loosing sight of her quarry when running toward the beam at times but she will figure these things out herself in time. All in all she has exceeded my expectations considering her level of experience.

Thanks for the comment everyone, I am over the moon with the Wee bitch. She boxes her quarry very well, runs the beam whether she actually see the rabbit or not, is seeing squatters and taken them very well, returns to hand without a word said when the lamp is put off after a missed run, the only 'issues' I've had with her is her dropping live rabbits short of me and she has had to re-catch a couple of them when they tried to make off in the darkness and loosing sight of her quarry when running toward the beam at times but she will figure these things out herself in time. All in all she has exceeded my expectations considering her level of experience.

returns live to hand!! .. bloody hell, im delighted if mine returns to the same field !!! :laugh:

returns live to hand!! .. bloody hell, im delighted if mine returns to the same field !!! :laugh:

Lol, no she is not retrieving to hand (although she does tend to retrieve to hand at a flat out gallop when mooching during the day), but to within 10-15yrds or so, I just go to meet on those final few yards, I happy with a dog that head back towards me with it catch, so long as they are not running the other way that'll do me.