lamping

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grounds to hard, grounds to soft, grounds to stony, moons up, to frosty, no wind, to much rain, not enough rain, etc, etc, etc, !! FFS !! Get out whenever you want ! Don't worry about getting "the per

Bang on.

it was -5 last night in my area and i was out lamping and i will also go out tonite.

Posted Images

if you took a dog out on a night like to night and he was only used to going out a couple of times a week you would be taking avery big risk, but malc1 is different he takes his out most nights,but that is not the main reason why he does not have feet trouble it is because his dog has been going out nearly every night since it was 3 month old ( its feet have developed much better than the average lurcher )the last 2 nights i have been lamping with trigger and both nights we have done ok,my dog is 90 odd pound and i run him on any ground and there is no sign of a limp at all,both my dog and triggers have been going out regular since they have been 8 weeks old for hours on end.

:thumbs:

There's a bit of a difference between your average run of the mill Lurcher and these dogs that Trigger,Flint and Malc1 are running.They are stronger well worked dogs that are built to last the distance and take the strain.

I'm pretty sure if i ran my little bitch with trigger's for a night in on very hard ground like it is today,She would bust something up in the process,and end up at the vets,...But i would imagine triggers dog would not suffer at all..he,s a machine.LOL

and the dog that flint is talking about...nothing would stop that lad..a bit of snow and ice wont effect a dog like him.He's made for weather like this... I bet if you tried to design a new breed for running in this weather Flints dog would be what you would come up with.He could hunt all day and night any type of quarry...and when you've finished hunting,you could hook him up to the sledge and let him tow you home.LOL.

He is a dog for the future.believe me !

atb

Vin

my dogs are out walking 4 to 5 times a day out running 4 times a week thier feet are in great condition but i still wouldnt take the risk with hard frost snow is different but

WHY THE F**CK GO LAMPING WITH SNOW ON THE GROUND ITS USELESS you can see everything without a lamp and when you do shine the light it just reflects back to so whats the point

and its not just feet at risk if your dog falls its going to slide and if it slides over a cattle print where the edges are like knife edges then your looking at some stitches

my dogs are out walking 4 to 5 times a day out running 4 times a week thier feet are in great condition but i still wouldnt take the risk with hard frost snow is different but

WHY THE F**CK GO LAMPING WITH SNOW ON THE GROUND ITS USELESS you can see everything without a lamp and when you do shine the light it just reflects back to so whats the point

and its not just feet at risk if your dog falls its going to slide and if it slides over a cattle print where the edges are like knife edges then your looking at some stitches

if we all thought like you we wouldnt go out the house

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this site never ceases to amaze me!!!!

dint do much lamping have got a bull x on loan

is it to cold to go lamping tonight i live in herefordshire any ideas ??

to answer your question... yes!!! :thumbs:

There's a bit of a difference between your average run of the mill Lurcher and these dogs that Trigger,Flint and Malc1 are running.They are stronger well worked dogs that are built to last the distance and take the strain.

I'm pretty sure if i ran my little bitch with trigger's for a night in on very hard ground like it is today,She would bust something up in the process,and end up at the vets,...But i would imagine triggers dog would not suffer at all..he,s a machine.LOL

and the dog that flint is talking about...nothing would stop that lad..a bit of snow and ice wont effect a dog like him.He's made for weather like this... I bet if you tried to design a new breed for running in this weather Flints dog would be what you would come up with.He could hunt all day and night any type of quarry...and when you've finished hunting,you could hook him up to the sledge and let him tow you home.LOL.

He is a dog for the future.believe me !

atb

Vin

and a life saver on top of that!!!! funny how a dog bred to work hard in artic conditions wont mind abit of frost on the ground over here :laugh: :laugh:

Grounds to hard, grounds to soft, grounds to stony, moons up, to frosty, no wind, to much rain, not enough rain, etc, etc, etc, !! FFS !! Get out whenever you want ! Don't worry about getting "the perfect night", or you'll NEVER get out !

Cheers.

Feckin right, but if its not the lads dog. I'd ask the owner if it's Ok.

if you took a dog out on a night like to night and he was only used to going out a couple of times a week you would be taking avery big risk, but malc1 is different he takes his out most nights,but that is not the main reason why he does not have feet trouble it is because his dog has been going out nearly every night since it was 3 month old ( its feet have developed much better than the average lurcher )the last 2 nights i have been lamping with trigger and both nights we have done ok,my dog is 90 odd pound and i run him on any ground and there is no sign of a limp at all,both my dog and triggers have been going out regular since they have been 8 weeks old for hours on end.

fair play to you flint,you seem to have developed a cross that can withstand the rigours of running on frozen ground. at first i didnt see the point of the breed when there are perfectly good collie cross lines about but you seem to have found a niche where this type can excell. in an earlier post on this thread i stated that malc and trigger must be running a type of dog that isnt the fastest type about (unless on good ground) and think we can agree on that. so to summarise, on frozen ground, a steady running dog, properly exercised with feet built for arctic conditions can actually hunt satisfactory where others simply cant. with all the slagging off that goes on this site, i must admit your cross wouldnt be quite for me if i'm honest but it obviously suits your needs in your neck of the woods, so credit due where credits due. well done! atb :thumbs:

if we all thought like you we wouldnt go out the house

How do you come to that conclusion Brains,,, is it hard frost every day here in uk or something,,,, youre really are a dumb ass,,, all the big men bragging they take there dogs out when the ground is like bell metal,, haha,, nothing clever or good about it what so ever, just shows there dogs arent worth a shite because they couldnt give a crap if there feet get smashed up,,, this site is full f bullshit bellends just latley,, anyone with half a brain cell wouldnt run there dog in such hard ground,,,, malc1 get youreself out at least 5 times over the next 10 days with yo hard as nails superdog on this bell metal ground and let us know how you get on,,, oh and the dog has to have atleast ran something for it to count as a hnting outing ,, scaring rabbits with the lamp in the distance doesnt count,,, dare say yo will come back saying youve been out all ten nights, with massive bags and not a mark on the dogs feet,, good luck,,,p,s do you guys ever go lamping on carparks haha,,

• Like 2

not me bud i'm not jelous of anybody

i couldnt give a flying fook whose dogs are better or worse than mine fair play if they are better

i just think its senseless to run a dog on solid ground

its one thing a dog getting injured in the field its bound to happen but injuries caused with running solid ground can be avoided with not running it

you get longer out your dog in the long run thats my opinion

and good luck to you and your dog

atb john :thumbs:

• Like 1