lamping

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grounds to hard, grounds to soft, grounds to stony, moons up, to frosty, no wind, to much rain, not enough rain, etc, etc, etc, !! FFS !! Get out whenever you want ! Don't worry about getting "the per

Bang on.

it was -5 last night in my area and i was out lamping and i will also go out tonite.

Posted Images

Grounds to hard, grounds to soft, grounds to stony, moons up, to frosty, no wind, to much rain, not enough rain, etc, etc, etc, !! FFS !! Get out whenever you want ! Don't worry about getting "the perfect night", or you'll NEVER get out !

Cheers.

thats your own choice when its your dog that might get injured but different story when the dog is only on loan to him

So when IS he going to take it out ? Lurchers, by the very nature of their work, are going to get injured if they are worked, even in the best of conditions ! Lurcher owners get slagged for "summer hunting", yet worry about working a dog in the winter, "the season" ! Of course I put the dogs health and wellbeing first, but don't wrap them in cotton wool ! They are "working dogs", after all !!

Cheers.

Grounds to hard, grounds to soft, grounds to stony, moons up, to frosty, no wind, to much rain, not enough rain, etc, etc, etc, !! FFS !! Get out whenever you want ! Don't worry about getting "the perfect night", or you'll NEVER get out !

Cheers.

i agree wit this fella :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers.

I would agree,, apart from the frost,, a light frost on surface grass fair enough but when its a deeep frost with solid ground beneeth the surface then it aint worth it. Just smash there feet up.

Cheers.

I would agree,, apart from the frost,, a light frost on surface grass fair enough but when its a deeep frost with solid ground beneeth the surface then it aint worth it. Just smash there feet up.

I'm not saying run a dog in dangerous conditions, but I go out on full moon, windless nights ! Of course you don't get the bags, but at least you're out ! And the dogs are getting a run, rather than lying in their kennels ! To many people make excuses NOT to go out !

Cheers.

and say he took your dog out tonight and it came back with broken feet that would be ok with you would it?

i know i wouldnt be happy if it was my dog

Firstly; I would NEVER lend a dog to anyone !

Secondly; if I was stupid enough to lend a dog to some one; I would have to accept the consequences !

Cheers.

When weathers like this my dogs get early mornin walk no point in lampin you just educate the quarry even more. Especially where you are charty the game by you is more than educated an it's no surprise with this attitude... All the best..

SH, my "attitude" is to work my dogs ! You've only met me once, and I didn't even have a dog with me that night, so to question my "attitude" is wrong.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

Cheers.

I'm not saying run a dog in dangerous conditions, but I go out on full moon, windless nights ! Of course you don't get the bags, but at least you're out ! And the dogs are getting a run, rather than lying in their kennels ! To many people make excuses NOT to go out !

Cheers.

Backpeddler of the month award goes to you lol,,,, the grounds too hard end of,, so noones making excuses,,, i take it youre out running the dog tnight then ?

When weathers like this my dogs get early mornin walk no point in lampin you just educate the quarry even more. Especially where you are charty the game by you is more than educated an it's no surprise with this attitude... All the best..

i bet you never go lamping then cos where ever you go and put the lamp on the rabbits are lamp shy any why