shooting hares

This afternoon drove by field locally.Shooters out in field.guess what theyre shooting? HARES.

Yes I know it goes on and that its legal and that they shoot thousands of hares legally a year but who agrees with it?

I for one do not.the hares got no chance.with a dog theres always the chance they get away and the kill is clean. specially with a dog with a good strong jaw.Wheres the sense in it it makes me sick. :angry:

Whats your view

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if i was a hare ide rather be shot that coursed by a dog....bang dead ....or bang ..missed ..off he plods

your trying to make it sound like it the hares welfare your out after but it not its the thrill of the run you like(as would i} dont try to kid yourself a gun is as humane as a dog

Edited by bullsmilk

Bully. i usually agree with you mate, but your wrong this time mate :laugh:

A coursed hare is caught or is free, a hare shot maywell be wounded, thats just unpleasant.

Anyone can do what they please, thats whats its all about. But coursing IS THE most humane and sporting way of taking hares :)

Guest Top Chalker
i think if i was a hare ide rather be shot that coursed by a dog....bang dead ....or bang ..missed ..off he plods

your trying to make it sound like it the hares welfare your out after but it not its the thrill of the run you like(as would i} dont try to kid yourself a gun is as humane as a dog

Bullshit , you want to get your self a dog , a hunting dog , have you seen hare shoots , how many get clipped bye shot and run away to dye slowly , dog kills it or it gets away , the weak ones get killed the strong ones live on to breed , ..........

Bullshit , you want to get your self a dog , a hunting dog , have you seen hare shoots , how many get clipped bye shot and run away to dye slowly , dog kills it or it gets away , the weak ones get killed the strong ones live on to breed , ..........

i agree with these... bulls milk your on your own its a fecking waste shooting a hare...

and they never get dropped on the return with broken ribs and internal bleeding do they ?????ime with you guys on this the dogs get the thumbs up from me.but i thinks this bloke is coming from the wrong angle ;)

i could,nt have said it better myself top chalker,spot on mate ;) "shooting hares is just as humane as coursing them" bollocks!!!!!!

is that not just thing thing i was saying????? :blink:my argument is this person is saying that the reasone he is upset is that this isnt humane..what ime saying is that all hes is worried about is 1 less long legs to course

Edited by bullsmilk
Guest Top Chalker

and they never get dropped on the return with broken ribs and internal bleeding do they ?????ime with you guys on this the dogs get the thumbs up from me.but i thinks this bloke is coming from the wrong angle ;)

Ok mate have you seen a hare drive , i watched one in Boston , while out coursing . saw a hare shot , rolled over then coursed bye a lab , eventually been court , whats humane about that , was this Hare in pain , a fat lab cought it , ?????????they shot about 17 hares of 1 fen , we ran 4 the week before and killed 1 , 3 good strong hares got away , probably shot the week after without a chance ..........every one to there own ,but more humane shooting ............. :no:

Guest world.hunters

With the Dogs is by far the fairer of the two it either gets away or it doesnt and alot of hares do get away ad the weaker ones dont leaveing the good breeding stock to produce fine quality of hare for the seasons to come, as for shooting just about all the hares are killed with no chance and some even escape with injuries to die slowly!!!!

i honestly do not see any sport in having hares flushed in front of 10s of guns!!!. also at shoots there is 100s of hares killed at coursing meets there WAS no where at all near that amount killed!!! imagine the amazing sport that could be had running dogs at all them hare shot i just think its a waste!!!

im sorry if people disagree but thats just my views

cheers

this is the attidute thats got us where we are today , my ways better than your way , you shouldnt be doing that , what a utter load of bollox . there has allways been hare drives and lads have still found hares to course season after season . its all fieldsports . united we stand devided we have fallen .why cant folk keep their big noses out of what other folk are doing . i dont want to go shooting but i dont want to argue my way is better than someone elses. ffs . my point being if you dont want to do something then dont , but dont try and stop someone else . happy new year big liseners .

A good point, I have had the chance on numerous occasions but would never shoot a hare as I personally don't like it and would rather see them run by a dog. Thats just my opinion but I wouldn't decry someone who does enjoy it..........

this is the attidute thats got us where we are today , my ways better than your way , you shouldnt be doing that , what a utter load of bollox . there has allways been hare drives and lads have still found hares to course season after season . its all fieldsports . united we stand devided we have fallen .why cant folk keep their big noses out of what other folk are doing . i dont want to go shooting but i dont want to argue my way is better than someone elses. ffs . my point being if you dont want to do something then dont , but dont try and stop someone else . happy new year big liseners .

See the above post my freind :icon_redface:

Guest Top Chalker

A good point, I have had the chance on numerous occasions but would never shoot a hare as I personally don't like it and would rather see them run by a dog. Thats just my opinion but I wouldn't decry someone who does enjoy it..........

Simoman its not about wether hares should be shot or coursed mate , its about shooting being more humane than coursing , every one to there own thing ,

Simoman its not about wether hares should be shot or coursed mate , its about shooting being more humane than coursing , every one to there own thing ,

yes but that is what its about...this geeza is trying to make it seem like its all about the whats better for the hare but its not its all about what he would rather do with them..as said all to there own ;)