most intelligent sighthound?

107 members have voted

1. 1. most intelligent sighthound

• greyhound
    • saluki
    • whippet
    • deerhound
    • other

In my Opinion all Sighthounds have a Reasonable Amount of Intelligence.It's what you Put into the Training of Them.However i would Say the Deerhound has the Superior intelligence out of them All.

god im sick of people saying this! "its down to what you put into a dog" thats obvious but all dog breads have different qualitys! and you cant give a dog intelagence ! ! ! have some comman sence lad

I Ain't no Fecking Lad.I've Had Running Dogs for over Thirty Five Years.All Fecking Dogs have Intelligence it's just how you go about Bringing it about.Somebodys idea of Intelligence is not the Same has the next man.It's as Far has you want to take the Training. What one Trainer Feels acceptable May not be Acceptable to Another Trainer.How Long Have you had Running Dogs?.Probably Longer than you Spent in School if your Spelling is anything to Go By.By the Way in Your Esteemed Opinion what is The Most Intelligent Sighthound.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to say whippets, but now believe greyhounds have superior intelligence. Greyhounds actually are easy to train, they learn fast and once they cope onto something, it's with them for life. But fe

It always makes me smile when i hear this topic of conversation come up........although i get the jist of whats being said sometimes you should never choose to neglect a important ingredient when you speak of a dogs intelligence......and thats the intellegence of its owner!,a small fault in many a good dog no matter its breeding ;)

Edited by gaz

i have gone for the pure saluki, only cause i have owned one and he was a superstar, picked up everything he was shown almost immediatly and yeah i know people slag them off for being thick and nervy but nope he was none of that brilliant little fella, i have been into dogs for oh 15yr but am not a dog a day type of guy as such havent ever owned any of the other breeds so couldnt possibly comment....

In my Opinion all Sighthounds have a Reasonable Amount of Intelligence.It's what you Put into the Training of Them.However i would Say the Deerhound has the Superior intelligence out of them All.

spot on deerhound for me you can train a pig but your f**ked with a saluki

Owned a deerhound first cross.Great big dog could tackle anything.Cant beleve no one rates the greyhound.:no:

Maybe the problem is.Now more sighthound are used for lamping.They were never bread for it.They were daytime field dogs.Bread to use there eyes nose and cunning.:thumbs: forgot speed.:whistling:

Edited by Catcher 1

Depends on what exactly you mean by 'intelligent'- the ability to follow commands? The desire to follow commands? The ability to work independantly? The ability to solve problems by itself? The drive to work at all?

Many sighthounds are not especially biddable- they were developed to be independant workers. As opposed to herding breeds which were developed to work on instruction and hang on every command. It doesn't mean they aren't intelligent as such. And of course drive is important. A dog without drive is useless.