whats the odd's of getting a shot gun licence if you keep ya nose clean for ten years ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If youve done a 2and half stretch or more you can never hold a firearm , you are not even allowed fireworks in your possession , thats genuine .

i know a fella who has a had lets say a colourful past and he has fac and sgc , apply for your sgc and explain to the feo that you have had a goal to keep your nose clean so you can apply in 10 years .

the basc would probably help you out getting one.

in my opinion what would the police rather have , someone who hasnt been convicted for the past 10 years or someone who can just go out and get one anyway (plus they can keep tabs on you)

easy choice in my eyes

To be honest if you have a firearms offence I sincerely hope you never get a firearm again.

You never heard the saying - you reap what you sow?

Some people deserve a second chance and some don't.

We don't need anymore raoul moats.

FTB

The thing is, the Raoul Moats of this world will get their hands on illegal guns probably easier than what they would if they applied for a licence and what not.

If you want something that badly, it's not that difficult to come across these days.

To be honest if you have a firearms offence I sincerely hope you never get a firearm again.

You never heard the saying - you reap what you sow?

Some people deserve a second chance and some don't.

We don't need anymore raoul moats.

FTB

Depends on the offence.I was done in 1982 by the word,s of a few lying scumbags.No gun was ever found.So it was dropped to a breach of the peace.Discharging a fire arm in a built up area.

theres a bloke local to me he is abit of a wanker well one morning was raided and the police found a sawn off among other things . . . the bloke has now got a shot gun sert and shoots regurlarly . . . then theres my ferreting partner who got in a few fights and has been refused his shotgun cert :blink:.

The thing is, the Raoul Moats of this world will get their hands on illegal guns probably easier than what they would if they applied for a licence and what not.

If you want something that badly, it's not that difficult to come across these days.

Fair play to them, but at least they are not tarnishing the name of legitimate firearm users. People who don't deserve guns should not have them.

End of.

The last thing this sport needs is another mad gunman with legally held guns and by not giving certificates to people who think that after 10 years there firearms offence can be swept under the carpet, is the first step.

FTB

depends what you done 10yrs ago , you aint just finished a ten stretch have ya lol.

nothing to seriouse just a couple of murders a few bank robberys etc say if your got a fire arm offence what do you think the odd's are of getting a licence ?

As of now? Zero. Derek Bird killed 11 people with a legally held shotgun.

Edited by RicW

i was told off a head keeper that any type off assaults on your record you got no chance

he had poachers try to burn his house down and he got one of them and gave him a good beating this was about 8yr ago and he still has no certs back after trying time and time again

That 2 and a half years is crap like , my mate baz did a jail sentance imposed by the county courts and he didnt get a firearm ban as he was in as a civilian not a convict

you cant do a sentance as a civilian and not be a convict

if your sentenced you ARE a convict unless he was on remand then he was not a convict but if he was sentenced he was a convict not a civilian

Terrier john he was allowed to wear his own clothes in hull etc he did a full sentance he was not classed as a convict he was sentances by county court trust me , different rules apply when jailed by them and its rare to get jailed but they do have power , and he didnt get a firearm ban either